Next Promotion

carol54

Any one out there have a clue what the next promotion will be now that the BOGO sale is over? We've been chomping at the bit to book our 25yr anniversary cruise on the Breakaway, but have been waiting for a promo that fits us well. The Freesome (UDP, UBP) would have been AWESOME AWESOME but we weren't looking to book then, so unfortunately missed out on that one. Since we starting looking to book we've had the DASH sale (which was lame) and the BOGO (which didn't fit our schedule), so I'm super-duper excited to book, but don't want to jump any guns.... Waiting patiently for a good sale :):) Any TAs out there have info they can pass along?

Please help me remember what the DASH Sale was. I agree with Kenlorz. I'm also looking for a 25th Anniversary trip (from New England somewhere) and prefer UDP (1st choice) or UBP or OBC.

Please help me remember what the DASH Sale was. I agree with Kenlorz. I'm also looking for a 25th Anniversary trip (from New England somewhere) and prefer UDP (1st choice) or UBP or OBC.

It was a small amount of OBC ($75 for a balcony) and half the amount you normally have to put down to book. That part doesn't matter to me, because we've been saving a while and have more than that to put down anyway. I would much rather have the UDP and an early booking bonus :o.

I would think there would be a sale around the end of the month - like a Memorial Day sale. Or June or July. One of the best sales we ever got was the end of July - we saved hundreds of dollars and got a lot of OBC.

I thought the BOGO sale was one of their best values. Many of the other sales seem to just be a "moving numbers" game more often than not.

IMHO the free UDP and UBP promo combined with the Kids sale free offer was the best ever promo.......We booked the 2 bedroom suite and 3 in our party are only paying port taxes and fees to begin with and have the UBP included free and 2 of us have the UBP and UDP included free. Awesome deal I am so glad we managed to take advantage of.

To make it extra special, we also have $575 OBC from our TA!

Edited by peg013

IMHO the free UDP and UBP promo combined with the Kids sale free offer was the best ever promo.......We booked the 2 bedroom suite and 3 in our party are only paying port taxes and fees to begin with and have the UBP included free and 2 of us have the UBP and UDP included free. Awesome deal I am so glad we managed to take advantage of.

Same deal here except I got $550.00 OBC

Agreed. The Freesome is what would have worked best for us. Too bad we missed it. Hoping for something great next. The BOGO didn't work for us due to date restrictions.

Quick question. I know no one can give the name of their TA, but I would like to know if all the extra OBC you are getting is something they were advertising or is it something you bargain for? We are signed up for promotion emails for most of the big online companies and the emails usually pretty much match NCL promotions... maybe an extra $100 or a dinner for two plus a bottle of wine, etc. It's usually never more than $100 advertised over the NCL promos. I love to haggle, so if that's how they work, I have no problem doing it, but I've never tried. I hear all these big OBC numbers and I just don't get how people are getting such high numbers (unless it's Haven or high end suites... then I get it). Just Curious :cool:

Totally agree. That was one of the best NCL sales I have ever seen!

Agreed. The Freesome is what would have worked best for us. Too bad we missed it. Hoping for something great next. The BOGO didn't work for us due to date restrictions.

Quick question. I know no one can give the name of their TA, but I would like to know if all the extra OBC you are getting is something they were advertising or is it something you bargain for? We are signed up for promotion emails for most of the big online companies and the emails usually pretty much match NCL promotions... maybe an extra $100 or a dinner for two plus a bottle of wine, etc. It's usually never more than $100 advertised over the NCL promos. I love to haggle, so if that's how they work, I have no problem doing it, but I've never tried. I hear all these big OBC numbers and I just don't get how people are getting such high numbers (unless it's Haven or high end suites... then I get it). Just Curious :cool:

It's actually somewhere in the middle, lol. The agency I book with automatically gives 10% of the commissionable cruise fare back in OBC. They don't advertise it in emails or on the website but if you call they will tell you. I highly recommend people spend more time at the Meet & Greet discussing who they book through. :)

Example for an inside cabin IA on the Breakaway to Bermuda.....Cruise fare per person is $584.00, non-commissionable fare is $370.91 for a total of $954.91 pp (Taxes and fees on NCL.com are $185.91) Agency OBC is $100.00 based on ($584 x 2) x10%. Our H4 obviously cost much more and earned us $575 in Agency OBC.

Edited by peg013

I hear all these big OBC numbers and I just don't get how people are getting such high numbers (unless it's Haven or high end suites... then I get it). Just Curious :cool:

Would also love to know this!! It truly amazes me when people get all this OBC.

Would also love to know this!! It truly amazes me when people get all this OBC.

Mine was based on using a MasterCard, spend this amount, get this amount. (h4 also but they offer for every cabin) This was from a major everything travel website, right now the other major everything travel website is offering it also without having to use the MasterCard. If you watch the Amazing Race....

Edited by iimmie

Mine was based on using a MasterCard, spend this amount, get this amount. (h4 also but they offer for every cabin) This was from a major everything travel website, right now the other major everything travel website is offering it also without having to use the MasterCard. If you watch the Amazing Race....

Darn it! I do not watch the Amazing Race!

Just book it so you get a good choice in rooms...check everyday and if and when a new special comes up, you call and change it. It is that simple until you are paid in full. Even after you are paid in full you can still call and get OBC, I have many times.....Once my cruise went down about 5 different times and I called every single time (of course you have to look at all differences including OBC etc) plus I then got over $200 OBC after I paid in full