Dinning times not available on freedom

Koolaid33

I booked the freedom for July 19 sailing and my TA told me that dinning times were not available. TA called RC and they told her that dinning times were full and did not even have a waiting list. We both found this hard to believe with planning so far in advance. We ended up with my time dinning which I have never done.

My TA did tell me i could made reservations 60 days out.

What time should I make them to see the shows? We normally do late dinning on Carnival.

Also we have never ate at a speciality restaurant. Is it worth the money? If so when should we make those reservations? Do we cancel normal reservations to make the in a speciality restaurant?

I also have never sailed RC. I was just wounding if any one else has encountered this?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The link below will take you directly to the Royal Caribbean website where you will find information about My Time Dining.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/product.do?pagename=onboard_prod_my_time_dining

We always do My Time Dining. We enjoy the flexibility of eating when we want during the hours that the Main Dining Room is open.

We have enjoyed dining at the specialty restaurants. In my opinion, it is worth the extra cost.

We have never encountered the problem you describe. I hope you can get it sorted out.

We enjoy traveling on Royal Caribbean and have another cruise booked next year.

Happy cruising.

I booked the freedom for July 19 sailing and my TA told me that dinning times were not available. TA called RC and they told her that dinning times were full and did not even have a waiting list. We both found this hard to believe with planning so far in advance. We ended up with my time dinning which I have never done.

What time should I make them to see the shows? We normally do late dinning on Carnival.

Also we have never ate at a speciality restaurant. Is it worth the money? If so when should we make those reservations? Do we cancel normal reservations to make the in a speciality restaurant?

I also have never sailed RC. I was just wounding if any one else has encountered this?

Cheers

Don't worry, the dining times will open over the course of the year just have your ta check periodically.

Cheers

We booked Freedom almost a year in advance and could also not get traditional dining. After we had to rebook our Jan cruise to Feb, it again was not available and I found out it was a big group that took over traditional dining. Freedom is rumored to have DD by next spring so that's probably why you couldn't get traditional dining.

Freedom is rumored to have DD by next spring so that's probably why you couldn't get traditional dining.

I just booked yesterday for Feb 2016 and had all three choices for dining - my time, early or late. I chose my time and did have to prepay gratuities.

We booked Freedom almost a year in advance and could also not get traditional dining. After we had to rebook our Jan cruise to Feb, it again was not available and I found out it was a big group that took over traditional dining. Freedom is rumored to have DD by next spring so that's probably why you couldn't get traditional dining.

Interested to find out if you have ever removed your onboard grats in favour of cash tips?

I think it has all been logged and a possibility that RCI are denying some previous auto grat removers trad dining at booking time?

Its just a theory but not hard for them to implement if they chose!