Large family on Independence of the Seas

We are hoping to take our grandparents on a cruise but with 7 of us we would like to know if there are any suites which cater for our sized group

Thanks

The Royal Family Suite will accommodate up to 8 in two bedrooms (one with the standard twin/king set up and one with the same plus two Murphy beds) and a living room with a queen sofa bed. The suite also has two bathrooms and a large balcony.

We just stayed in one last week for our family on Grandeur with 6 adults and a 15 month old and it worked quite well for us.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We are hoping to take our grandparents on a cruise but with 7 of us we would like to know if there are any suites which cater for our sized group

Thanks

Presidential Family Suite will hold 14. Royal Family Suite will hold 8.

Thanks

Took my family of eight on the Indy for a med cruise last summer. We ended up

getting the Presidential suite which has four double bedrooms. Lots of space and a huge private deck with a hot tub. Great for a special family treat but you will need deep pockets! :)

getting the Presidential suite which has four double bedrooms. Lots of space and a huge private deck with a hot tub. Great for a special family treat but you will need deep pockets! :)

So how exactly does pricing work for a Presidential Suite, for instance?

You have to call on the phone for pricing and reservations....you can't book those larger suites online.

Don't discount a smaller suite that connects to another cabin. Sometimes, having a bit of privacy is a great thing...and it can be much less expensive to boot!

I believe 8 as with your family is the minimum for the PS, which can hold up to 14. The OP has 7 in their party, which (unless the PS is unsold close to sailing date) may limit them to the RFS.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

My personal needs don't require more than a cabin for 2; I was just curious and it might help others.

Truth is that I think the price is a moveable feast but you can expect to pay beyond $35k in Europe for 14 nights in PS.

Truth is that I think the price is a moveable feast but you can expect to pay beyond $35k in Europe for 14 nights in PS.

So if you divide that up -- the per person (based on 8 people in the suite) would be around $4400. For a 14 night cruise in a magnificent suite with its perks, that per person would not be bad (if you were the type that wanted it).

So if you divide that up -- the per person (based on 8 people in the suite) would be around $4400. For a 14 night cruise in a magnificent suite with its perks, that per person would not be bad (if you were the type that wanted it).

If you are lucky enough to share the bill! :D

I'll through this out as an option. We were 10 in Indy last year, and had 5 adjacent balcony rooms. They opened up the dividers for us. I was like a 5 room, 5 bath suite with a single huge balcony. Very cost effective compared to a suite.

I'll through this out as an option. We were 10 in Indy last year, and had 5 adjacent balcony rooms. They opened up the dividers for us. I was like a 5 room, 5 bath suite with a single huge balcony. Very cost effective compared to a suite.

We did the same thing on INDY as well as other ships. Get multiple cabins all in a row..or close to each other....and the cost should be much less.

But no suite perks if those are important.

I could definitely see how all those bathrooms would make it a better option, but of course you don't have a sitting area per se or the use of the Concierge services as you would in a large suite....but the bathrooms would be much appreciated, as far as I would be concerned.

Good option, for what it sounds.