Tell me about aft Junior Suite 8596 on Rhapsody

Nixieh

Hi All,

First post (be kind :). After lots of research on here, I upgraded my ocean view room to the aft corner Junior Suite for our forthcoming Med cruise. I am really excited about the large balcony as I have always wanted a balcony with a lounger on to save having to get on deck really early. Does anyone know if these balconies do get lots of sun? Also, I read somewhere about a secret aft staircase nearby. Can anyone tell me if it is easy to find as it is not on the deck plans.

We had JS 8096 which is the same type but on the opposite side of the ship. We enjoyed the balcony a lot, although our cruise was in October which is technically not Summer anymore. But to us Finns the weather was sunbathing-sunny!

I did not know about any staircase, so I cannot help with that. But the cabin is nice, and balcony extra nice.

Awesome cabin. We had 8596 on our eastern Med cruise back in 2015, and 8096 on an Alaskan cruise back in 2014. Both were really great.

The amount of sun you get is highly dependent on the direction of the ship.... just like every other balcony.

But the balcony is SO HUGE.

We had a nice dinner out there as we sailed away from Santorini. And many breakfasts out there as we arrived in areas.

You will love it.

Hi All,

First post (be kind :). After lots of research on here, I upgraded my ocean view room to the aft corner Junior Suite for our forthcoming Med cruise. I am really excited about the large balcony as I have always wanted a balcony with a lounger on to save having to get on deck really early. Does anyone know if these balconies do get lots of sun? Also, I read somewhere about a secret aft staircase nearby. Can anyone tell me if it is easy to find as it is not on the deck plans.

We'll be in 8596 for the crossing, maybe we'll leave you a hidden surprise. :eek:

Laura is in 8102 for the voyage prior to the TA.

I have a video of the cabin 8096 on my instagram but I dont know if I can put a link here. Is it against the board rules?

I've seen other instagram links, and I can't remember any rules against it.

I have a video of the cabin 8096 on my instagram but I dont know if I can put a link here. Is it against the board rules?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use the Tapatalk app when on CC. Very easy to post pics and videos. Great format....

I didn't even know the CC format had changed til yesterday when i hit Chrome instead of Tapatalk by accident when replying on my cell.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
here's the link to the instragram video of Rhapsody JS8096. I hope it works.https://www.instagram.com/p/BQfpch7BCnF/?taken-by=marikagan

I just followed you on Instagram! Beautiful photos and great 8096 video!!

I just followed you on Instagram! Beautiful photos and great 8096 video!!

Thanks! Currently at Florida preparing ourselves for Freedom transatlantic at cabin 1700 next Sunday. Planning on uploding a video of that, too!

• 9 months later...
We had JS 8096 which is the same type but on the opposite side of the ship. We enjoyed the balcony a lot, although our cruise was in October which is technically not Summer anymore. But to us Finns the weather was sunbathing-sunny!

I did not know about any staircase, so I cannot help with that. But the cabin is nice, and balcony extra nice.

do you know if the balcony divider to suite next door is removable ? we have both suites booked and would love to open up so we can all be on the same balcony