WiFi

92mill

Currently on the Mariner. As we left Los Angeles for the five day passage to Hawaii, we were informed that due to the position of the satellite, there would be no or extremely limited service for the five days at sea, meaning no television service, internet or telephone. Yesterday the captain announced that he would move the boat for one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening to allow for internet access. Not sure what happened, but thankfully we have had full service for the past couple of days.

Last July on the Voyager we were on the 7th floor and unable to get any internet access. I am now on the 9th floor on the Mariner and although I can get internet service, it is VERY SLOW compared to the service that is available in the computer room/coffee connection, which makes this a very popular area of the ship. I have tried various using my computer in various areas of the ship and have been unable to get a connection and service as fast (and using that term loosely) as has been available in the computer room.

Agreed, this is due to the equipment set-up on the ship - the staff computers are so much faster. I was in with the cruise consultant and was amazed how quickly she was able to go through on the internet.

gnomie :)

I'm particularly interested in how the wifi is on Voyager now. It was terrible in Jan/Feb--essentially no useable wifi in some cabins, very slow throughout the ship most of the time. There were many passengers who were extremely annoyed with the wifi.

My question is whether it has been fixed as promised by Regent or if the dead spots and slow speed are still the norm?

Currently on the Mariner on 10th floor and except for one day, when the captain moved the ship so we could get a signal from noon to one and again from four to five, I've had no problem getting wifi in my suite. That's where I am now hiding from the terrible weather today.

On Voyager right now. I had quick sign on this morning and quick access to CC but as what has happened continually on CC my posts are not always working. This is my 2nd attempt to answer here. We do our access from our suite midship on deck 8 .

That is the same area of the Voyager where our suite was in July. We also did not have access from our suite (note: I went down to the library where the connection was a bit better).

On the Mariner last month, we had a more forward suite and had no difficulty with access in our suite.

The upgrades were going on while we were on the Mariner (the system was shut down a couple of times during the day to get some work done). I'm surprised to learn that the Voyager does not seem to have better WiFi then we were on board.