3 ships in port-Marriott or Carambola?

elaine5

there will be 3 ships in port for our spring break. Oasis docks 3 hours before our ship. We have a chair/umbrella reservation @ Carambola, but I am worried it will be massively crowded by the time we get there @ 10:30am. We don't need solitude, but don't want to be in the water with masses of people. Should we just get a day pass @ Marriott instead?

We were thinking of doing a day pass at Marriott but after reading the reviews on trip advisor I am really not sure. It mentions that the beach can be ruff and it is not clear because it is the Atlantic side .. If anyone has ever been there what was your experience ?? We have small kids who will want to be in the water we did Carambola last time we were there and it was really nice I just didn't like how the water dropped off as soon as you got in and the day we were there it was rather ruff but other than that we had a great day there.

I too would select the Marriott.

Keith

thanks to all who posted. We decided to just brave Carambola, as our kids will only want to stay 2-3 hours and have do have chairs/umbrella reserved. Has anyone been on a packed day? Any photos? Is it about the same as Royal Palms in Grand Cayman?

Edited by elaine5

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know about how much are beers and frozen drinks at Carambola? I've seen the food menus but they don 't show a drink menu

Thanks!

My January post

Originally Posted by coffee59 View Post

HI. Can you tell me the price of beer and drinks? We are coming from Canada and everything costs 30% more with our dollar tanking.

In the UK we have to pay up to 4 times the price for drinks compared to the USA and Caribbean. But we are on vacation, being happy to pay what it is, and not count individual beans before leaving.

Carambola asks a fair price, but if you wish to save a dollar or two, suggest a walk down to Shipwreck, where beds are free when eating/drinking. If it is not washed away by now.

An idea in US Dollars for snacks and refreshments at Carambola

Burger $12.00

Pizza $12/18.00

Beer $3/4.00

Glass of wine from $6.00

Gin & Tonic $6.00

Good selection of quality rums from $5.00 (have El Dorado 21 & 25 )

If you require a detailed list just send an E-mail to Carambola for the drink and snacks menus.

My January post

Originally Posted by coffee59 View Post

HI. Can you tell me the price of beer and drinks? We are coming from Canada and everything costs 30% more with our dollar tanking.

In the UK we have to pay up to 4 times the price for drinks compared to the USA and Caribbean. But we are on vacation, being happy to pay what it is, and not count individual beans before leaving.

Carambola asks a fair price, but if you wish to save a dollar or two, suggest a walk down to Shipwreck, where beds are free when eating/drinking. If it is not washed away by now.

An idea in US Dollars for snacks and refreshments at Carambola

Burger $12.00

Pizza $12/18.00

Beer $3/4.00

Glass of wine from $6.00

Gin & Tonic $6.00

Good selection of quality rums from $5.00 (have El Dorado 21 & 25 )

If you require a detailed list just send an E-mail to Carambola for the drink and snacks menus.

Awesome! Thank you taking the time to post that again :D