Elbow Beach Resort Not Available

Annefran

Hi,

Can someone recommend another all-inclusive type resort other than Elbow Beach? The resort has a function on the premises the day we are there in port, May 7th, 2016 and aren't selling day passes. Already been to Horseshoe Bay several times and looking for a relaxing beach/pool day.

Thanks, Anne

Thanks will look that up. Have you been there? Any information to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I haven't been to Coco Reef because I have a philosophical problem with paying for a. beach day in Bermuda, which has some of the best free beaches I n the world. Both Ccco Reef and the Elbow Beach resort are located on one of those great free beaches, Elbow Beach.

My personal philosophy aside, many posters on this board have gone to Coco Reef and like it. I think their current price is $69 per person, but I might be wrong. I f you just search this board you should find posts and threads discussing Coco Reef.

I haven't been to Coco Reef because I have a philosophical problem with paying for a. beach day in Bermuda, which has some of the best free beaches I n the world. Both Ccco Reef and the Elbow Beach resort are located on one of those great free beaches, Elbow Beach.

My personal philosophy aside, many posters on this board have gone to Coco Reef and like it. I think their current price is $69 per person, but I might be wrong. I f you just search this board you should find posts and threads discussing Coco Reef.

Thanks I think we are leaning toward going to Horseshoe for the day. I've been there a few times and it's one of my favorite beaches. Thanks for your input it was greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

We've done the day passes in 2013 at Coco Reef and really enjoyed our day there.

In fact we are returning to Bermuda on the Summit in August and already reserved our passes for a day while in port.

In 2013, it was a bargain at $50pp, but they have raised the prices to $69.

Your day pass entitles you to the beach at the resort, use of their pool and changing rooms/bathrooms, chairs, towels, an umbrella and lunch is also included at their patio restaurant.

Lunch is a pre-set menu with several choices of either an appetizer/entrée or an entrée/dessert. Lunch also includes one glass of wine or beer.

Children under a certain age (not sure, of the cut-off) are free, and you have to pay for their lunch, but they have a childrens menu.

I still think it's a good deal especially since Bermuda is so expensive to begin with.

The day we were there we shared the pool with only 2 other hotel guests, a family with a small child and two women vacationing together.

It was a lovely way to spend the day away from all the crowds at the other beaches.

If you are interested, go to the hotels website and look for their contact and send an email asking for info/reservation. Someone will get back to you.

No money upfront, so if the weather is bad, or you change your mind, there's no problem.

With beach blanket in hand stop at the Rubis station and grab a couple tunas on toasted raisin bread with lettuce and tomato. While waiting for the sandwiches to be made turn to the cooler and grab a couple cold drinks, adult or children's variety. Make your way to any one of the beautiful coves or beaches along the South Shore and have the place to yourself for the day. Should be ~$30 for 2 not including bus fare.

Since there is this huge walk the day we are in port and ends at the Dockyard, we decided to do an excursion through the ship to Horseshoe Beach. There is going to be a lot of traffic getting back into the dockyard and we want to make sure we get back on time to get back on board.

Next time we will definitely try Elbow Beach or Coco Reef thanks all. Happy Cruising!

Since there is this huge walk the day we are in port and ends at the Dockyard, we decided to do an excursion through the ship to Horseshoe Beach. There is going to be a lot of traffic getting back into the dockyard and we want to make sure we get back on time to get back on board.

Next time we will definitely try Elbow Beach or Coco Reef thanks all. Happy Cruising!

With this walk probably disrupting traffic it might be a good idea to do something else. Do you want to spend a lot of extra time on a bus stuck in traffic? The cruise line excursions use the Pink Buses. I would look and see if there are any sightseeing cruises from the Dockyard offered by your cruise line. Or do the Maritime Museum and the Dockyard Segway tour. May 7 could be poor beach day anyway. The water temperature is going to be cool then.

Edited by Charles4515

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to the '..day pass..' offers at Elbow Beach Hotel and Coco Reef Resort, the relatively new (May, 2015) HAMILTON PRINCESS HOTEL & BEACH CLUB (**NOT** Fairmont Southampton Hotel beach club), located out along Bermuda's magnificent south shore, on Sinky Bay (old: Sonesta property) offers a '..day pass..' to non-hotel-guests at $50 Adult/$30 Child. The 'day pass' provides chaise lounge, umbrella, beach towels, use of bathrooms & changing room and use of bar & restaurant facilities (no food or drink included).

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20150601/NEWS/150609964

The COCO REEF RESORT offer includes two-course lunch w/ glass of wine or beer, use of pool, changing facilities & bathrooms, chaise lounge, beach umbrella, beach towels, etc. at $69 per person-- http://www.cocoreefbermuda.com/index.php/day-pass

In addition to the '..day pass..' offers at Elbow Beach Hotel and Coco Reef Resort, the relatively new (May, 2015) HAMILTON PRINCESS HOTEL & BEACH CLUB (**NOT** Fairmont Southampton Hotel beach club), located out along Bermuda's magnificent south shore, on Sinky Bay (old: Sonesta property) offers a '..day pass..' to non-hotel-guests at $50 Adult/$30 Child. The 'day pass' provides chaise lounge, umbrella, beach towels, use of bathrooms & changing room and use of bar & restaurant facilities (no food or drink included).

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20150601/NEWS/150609964

The COCO REEF RESORT offer includes two-course lunch w/ glass of wine or beer, use of pool, changing facilities & bathrooms, chaise lounge, beach umbrella, beach towels, etc. at $69 per person-- http://www.cocoreefbermuda.com/index.php/day-pass

When they announced that the Hamilton Princess said they would only sell day passes to Bermuda residents. Has that changed?

I would like to hear of any cruise passengers who were able to purchase a day pass there and if so what they thought of the beach.

Edited by Charles4515

I am going to Bermuda by Celebrity Summit on May 15. Elbow beach day pass is now one of the excursion. It's about $100 with transportation. Is this why they don't sell day pass to individuals?

Did you contact Elbow Bay? Also last year some booked an Elbow Bay Day Pass thru Resorts for a Day at $49. You might try them.

http://www.resortforaday.com/Bermuda-Day-Pass-Elbow-Beach-Resort-p/bdaeb.htm

Edited by Charles4515

I contacted Elbow Beach Resort for my upcoming cruise and this is the response. I think the original poster of this thread had a conflict with the resort having a function that day and it wasn't available. but since there seems to be some conflicting info about "day passes" I thought I would pass this along:

Elbow Beach resort facilities, including the private beach, is reserved for the exclusive use of our hotel guests.

However, outside hotel guests may dine at the Lido Complex restaurants, including Mickey's On the Beach. You may also book Spa appointments at the hotel. Should you wish to utilize the public side of Elbow Beach, you may do so. Our Beach Hut offers rentals of Cabanas for the day at the rate of $400, we also have lounge chairs and umbrellas for rental, please see the price list of the items. You may call 441-239-9375 or email csmith@elbowbeachbermuda.com for more details. The Cabana's must be booked in advance.

The price for a "beach set" (2 chairs and an umbrella) is $75.

I contacted Elbow Beach Resort for my upcoming cruise and this is the response. I think the original poster of this thread had a conflict with the resort having a function that day and it wasn't available. but since there seems to be some conflicting info about "day passes" I thought I would pass this along:

Elbow Beach resort facilities, including the private beach, is reserved for the exclusive use of our hotel guests.

However, outside hotel guests may dine at the Lido Complex restaurants, including Mickey's On the Beach. You may also book Spa appointments at the hotel. Should you wish to utilize the public side of Elbow Beach, you may do so. Our Beach Hut offers rentals of Cabanas for the day at the rate of $400, we also have lounge chairs and umbrellas for rental, please see the price list of the items. You may call 441-239-9375 or email csmith@elbowbeachbermuda.com for more details. The Cabana's must be booked in advance.

The price for a "beach set" (2 chairs and an umbrella) is $75.

Thank you for getting the latest info and posting it. I think the reason for the conflicting info is that the info has changed from their past policies.

It does raise a question about the chairs and umbrella from the beach hut. Do they have to be set up on the public beach or are they set up on the private beach? Years ago I rented chairs at their beach hut before they stopped doing it, they made me set them up on the public beach.

Edited by Charles4515

Would suggest Warwick Long Bay for something different and less crowded!

I actually love Warwick Long Bay, there's never anyone there, the walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick is spectacular and its much easier to get on the bus back, than at Horseshoe

I actually love Warwick Long Bay, there's never anyone there, the walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick is spectacular and its much easier to get on the bus back, than at Horseshoe

The people asking about Day Passes and resorts want to sit on a beach on a chair under an umbrella and also have facilities and a concession stand.

Edited by Charles4515