Silver Discoverer

cruzer9

Thanks for pointing us there. Nice pictures and very interesting that I don't think that there are pictures of the S. Galapagos out there still- and it has been sailing for nearly 6 months. I do like the photos on the walls- fun to see all the possibilities available on the expeditions.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine has just disembarked the Silver Discoverer in Broome, Australia. She spoke very highly of the ship, the staff and the expedition experience. The included zodiac trips were run professionally and supported by well qualified staff who delivered excellent briefings before each outing. The food standard was excellent as was the service by butlers, restaurant staff etc. I have just 10 days until I board and I should be able to give you some more detailed feedback soon after that.

Champlain, the weather is warming up nicely in Glasgow so fingers crossed for your May trip on the Explorer. We have SS friends from Vermont who will be joining you. We are entertaining them for a couple of days before they board.

We are doing Darwin - Broome leaving May 2. Will happily post pics and comments upon return. Really looking forward to this. (same as you, cruising kirby?)

It's our first SS (having done RSS and Seabourn). Of course it's an expedition ship but I'm excited about the itinerary, food, wine, staff - and am expecting the refit to be top notch. Fingers crossed on all!

We are doing Darwin - Broome leaving May 2. Will happily post pics and comments upon return. Really looking forward to this. (same as you, cruising kirby?)

It's our first SS (having done RSS and Seabourn). Of course it's an expedition ship but I'm excited about the itinerary, food, wine, staff - and am expecting the refit to be top notch. Fingers crossed on all!

Yes 2 May is my cruise too!

• 2 weeks later...
Great! Will go look. Consider posting here instead. Thanx.
I agree with Duct Tape Cruising Kirby. I imagine a lot of folks would enjoy what you've written about Silver Discoverer so far, but they won't find it over in the roll calls. I hope you'll consider a transition over to the regular forum discussion boards at some point. A good time might be when you write your final impressions of the voyage.

Keep enjoying yourself! Glad to see that you are having a good time.

I filled out a survey from silversea regarding expedition cruising, with the reward for doing so being a promised 5% off a cruise on discoverer.

Got my reward today--5% off if booked by June 30th for a cruise before March 31 2015. I think the book by June 30th is reasonable, but no way can I cruise on discoverer before March 31 2015. I have a regent cruise and 2 silversea cruises booked in his time frame, and I routinely book travel over a year in advance.

So the reward is worthless to me, unless I cancel a cruise I already have booked. Oh, well! At least I got my 2 cents worth in on the survey.