Which cruise company?

SimbatheBimba

We are planning on travelling to the Caribbean in December or January 2016/7 .

We have quite a specific itinerary in mind as we were hoping to include Trinidad (Port of Spain) OR Tobago, and St Lucia.

The only three ships we have found with this itinerary are: MSC Poesia, Thomson Celebration and Fred Olsen Braemar.

None of these have very good reviews. I wondered if anyone had been with these companies to the Caribbean and what your opinions are?

Which ships would be the best for A. Food, B. Entertainment

We are two ladies celebrating our 60th Birthdays, but do not think of ourselves as ready to sail on "an old peoples home ship". We don't like to be formal. I have been on the NCL Jade and loved it.

We've been on Celebration, but not in the Caribbean...an old ship which has had a big make-over since we sailed on her. Very friendly, with tips included; wonderful staff and good entertainment... A different experience to the vast modern ships, and few of their opportunities such as big pools and many dining areas.

One benefit of travelling with Thomson is that they use their own aeroplanes, so you're in their hands once you've checked into the airport in the UK...no luggage problems, and you stay on the ship on the final day until it's time to leave for the return flight. That alone is a good reason for me. ;)

I hope you manage to choose something which suits you. :)

American opinion here. I find those three ships marginal at best. Trinidad and Tobago(T@T), have been dropped by American focused lines due to poor passenger response and possible danger on Trinidad especially. Three mid range lines with newer ships, good food and overall experience are Celebrity, Princess and Holland America. Celebrity having best food and ambiance of Three. I always see many Euros on Celebrity. For best cruise pricing in your time frame; week after Thanksgiving and first 2-3 weeks of December.PS. remember one Celebrity cruise with so many Brits they did a special English breakfast daily. I thought that was a classy offering.

Edited by zoncom