cabin concerns

geordie barber

I can't imagine any worries.:)

"Last minute" presumably means a fortnight in the Caribbean, and since it's a whole lot warmer there than in Blighty folk will be in light clothes - and building a reserve stock of souvenir T-shirts. ;) - so demand on laundries will be low.

There's a laundry on every deck, and they're only likely to be busy on a sea-day. Always deserted when I pass in the evenings.

I reckon that's well worth your saving of £300 to £500 per person on a late-booked deal.

Hellfire, for that sort of saving I'd happily put up with a bed in the laundry. :D

JB :)

Just booked a last minute cruise on the Aurora had to take a cabin next to the

laundry are we in for a noisy trip.Has anyone else had this cabin?

I'm not familiar with the Aurora but I presume you are talking about passenger do it yourself laundry, not ship's laundry, since on most ships the ships laundry is not on a passenger deck.

On ships that have a passenger do-it-yourself laundry it is usually locked from 9pm-7am so you shouldn't hear noise at night. And I presume that during the day you won't be in your room much.

Which deck on Aurora? We used the launderette on the same deck as reception; it was very underused, and quiet from the corridor. As stated, the launderettes are locked in the late evening, so no noise then.

Have a great cruise- we grabbed a last min last November on her, and it was wonderful. :cool:

Thank you all for your input. We are on a cruise to NZ so was more what's left than last minute.

I am sure it will be fine we are on C deck which I think is the same as reception so that comment was particularly welcome.

Much appreciate all your responses.