How to shuttle from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami

Yakie

We need info on how to get a shuttle to take us from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel for the night before our cruise? Any info or links would be appreciated? Any approximate costs for the shuttle? Thanks.:confused:

Looking for recommendations on airport hotels that are clean and reasonably priced that include shuttle service to the Miami airport for the day after our cruise comes into port of Miami? Thanks:)

I used the GO shuttle to get from FLL to the Intercontinental in Miami last year. They are located right outside the lower level of the terminal and you just have to walk up and let them know where you want to go no reservations or pre-planning needed. Since its a shared ride you may have to wait a short while before it leaves and others may get dropped off before you. That was not a problem for me I wasn't in a big hurry. I think the cost was around $15 or so and I tipped the driver a couple of bucks too.

I think if you look on the FLL website under ground transportation, there is a link that can tell you approximate costs. It varies according to where in Miami you want to go.

I second SAS. Just booked them for my Escape cruise!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I used the GO shuttle to get from FLL to the Intercontinental in Miami last year. They are located right outside the lower level of the terminal and you just have to walk up and let them know where you want to go no reservations or pre-planning needed. Since its a shared ride you may have to wait a short while before it leaves and others may get dropped off before you. That was not a problem for me I wasn't in a big hurry. I think the cost was around $15 or so and I tipped the driver a couple of bucks too.

I think if you look on the FLL website under ground transportation, there is a link that can tell you approximate costs. It varies according to where in Miami you want to go.

We have used - and would recommend both!

Most recently we have used GO shuttles private service - very reliable and reasonable. I like that their quoted rates include the drivers tip! :D

We need info on how to get a shuttle to take us from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel for the night before our cruise? Any info or links would be appreciated? Any approximate costs for the shuttle? Thanks.:confused:

If arriving at FLL, you might want to consider staying at a FLL area hotel that has free airport shuttle. Then use SAS shuttle the next morning (9:30 or 11am hotel pickup) to take you from the FLL hotel to the port of Miami. SAS is $15 per person. If you are then going to fly out of the Miami airport after the cruise, probably a taxi to the airport from the port would be the best and easiest bet for that.

Edited by roger001

we have a similar situation in Sept and we are renting a car for like 30.00 and staying in Miami.

but another solution, altho it is a bit time consuming, there is a rail that takes you from FLL to MIA airports, i think it runs on the hour, takes 40 minutes or so to get to the MIA airport. But it would take you 40 minutes to drive it anyhow, so not bad. the cost is like 3.00pp, and if you got a hotel in miami with an "Snooze and cruise" deal, might be worth it

Private town car is the only way to go......and is really reasonably priced. We walked up to the GO Airport Shuttle stand right outside the terminal doors and were gone seconds later.

Do you recall the price for the private transfer? I was a little confused by the website. It lists a Shared Ride at $25 pp ( which includes tip ). This is a little more expensive than a shuttle service like SAS or QLS which charge about $15 pp ( no tip included ). So I'm not seeing much advantage over them except that you don't need a reservation for the Go Shuttle.

It lists a sedan for up to 4 people as $80. Is this per person or for the group of 4? If so, it doesn't make much sense to use a shared shuttle when you could do private transfer for less $$ pp. But, $80 pp is not reasonable in my book;).

One possible advantage I see with Go Shuttle is that the services like SAS jack their prices up if your flight comes in after 4:00 PM or so. If so, the Go could be the best deal.

Do you recall the price for the private transfer? I was a little confused by the website. It lists a Shared Ride at $25 pp ( which includes tip ). This is a little more expensive than a shuttle service like SAS or QLS which charge about $15 pp ( no tip included ). So I'm not seeing much advantage over them except that you don't need a reservation for the Go Shuttle.

It lists a sedan for up to 4 people as $80. Is this per person or for the group of 4? If so, it doesn't make much sense to use a shared shuttle when you could do private transfer for less $$ pp. But, $80 pp is not reasonable in my book;).

One possible advantage I see with Go Shuttle is that the services like SAS jack their prices up if your flight comes in after 4:00 PM or so. If so, the Go could be the best deal.

Private car will be flat rate based on the capacity of the vehicle. Definitely not $80 per person. Private services are in the $65-$85 range each way for a Town Car.

We have 8 people going in January. We rented a 12-person van at the Fort Lauderdale airport for $140, to be returned that night at the Miami airport.

My plan is to check in to our hotel, go around town all day, out to dinner, etc, then I can drop them off at the hotel, take the car back, and take the free airport shuttle back to the hotel. Our hotel has a free port shuttle, so the price of the van gets us all from the airport to hotel to port.

Private car will be flat rate based on the capacity of the vehicle. Definitely not $80 per person. Private services are in the $65-$85 range each way for a Town Car.

Well, then that is definately how we are getting from FLL to our Miami hotel in January:D. Why would a group of 4 pay $100 for a shared van shuttle when they could go luxury sedan for only $80. Crazy, but I won't argue with them!

Well, then that is definately how we are getting from FLL to our Miami hotel in January:D. Why would a group of 4 pay $100 for a shared van shuttle when they could go luxury sedan for only $80. Crazy, but I won't argue with them!

With 4 they may try to talk you into an SUV (usually an Escalade/MKT type vehicle) but those should still only run around $100 each way.

Just got back from cruise on Getaway yesterday. Flew into FLL and rented a car from Alamo Returned car at MIA day of cruise and Alamo has a free shuttle to cruise terminal.... Used free shuttle back to MIA too.... Car was only $30.

yes, we used shuttle both ways(cost us only the tip to the driver who worked so hard to handle a ton of ENORMOUS bags). we only rented a car on the front end. showed paper work to driver. so easy...literally walked out...shuttle was there but full...next one pulled up before the full one left!