ms Amsterdam & ms Volendam in Juneau Jul 7, 2017

Scrapnana

Amsterdam will have an early arrival at the AS dock (0800) while Volendam will arrive at the CT dock later(1300). Both are scheduled to sail at 2200.

The only other ship in port will be Disney Wonder (0600-1700) at the AJ dock.

A cloudy day is predicted with only a 20% chance of rain. High should be 66F/19C and the low 52F/11C. Sunrise will be at 4:02 am and sunset at 10:01 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Where is the Amsterdam going? Not up the Gastineau Channel.

2rcbdx2.jpg

She's going to overnight at anchor in Stephens Passage, then lift anchor at 0600 tomorrow morning, head northbound Gastineau Channel and berth at the AS Dock in Juneau

I wonder how things were for the Amsterdam yesterday. I believe she was supposed to be "Scenic cruising Tracy Arm" but it sounds like there has been a lot of ice and Celebrity ships apparently have not been getting in at all. Hope the Amsterdam pax at least got to see something.

Roy

I wonder how things were for the Amsterdam yesterday. I believe she was supposed to be "Scenic cruising Tracy Arm" but it sounds like there has been a lot of ice and Celebrity ships apparently have not been getting in at all. Hope the Amsterdam pax at least got to see something.

Roy

On Amsterdam's first two attempts to get into Tracy Arm Fjord on 25 May and 08 June, there was too much ice flow so adjacent Endicott Arm Fjord was used for a good look at North Dawes Glacier

She's going to overnight at anchor in Stephens Passage, then lift anchor at 0600 tomorrow morning, head northbound Gastineau Channel and berth at the AS Dock in Juneau

Interesting. Thanks, John.

Yup at 16 kts south of Douglas Island. This will already be Capt. Eversen's last call at Juneau this season

Will he be leaving before the end of July or it is just the way the 14-day schedule falls that makes that happen?

Will he be leaving before the end of July or it is just the way the 14-day schedule falls that makes that happen?

He's going on vac at the next Seattle call and Capt. Mercer is taking over who will, no doubt, pick up his blog again

He's going on vac at the next Seattle call and Capt. Mercer is taking over who will, no doubt, pick up his blog again

I know that Amsterdam's schedule is different from all the others - starting out each year with a 4-month cruise, I wasn't sure how that affected the Captains' rotation. Thanks for that information.

I know that Amsterdam's schedule is different from all the others - starting out each year with a 4-month cruise, I wasn't sure how that affected the Captains' rotation. Thanks for that information.

Yeah, it's a bit different; Capt. Mercer is only doing two months worth of Alaska season and then Capt. Fred is back to do the Grand Asia-Pacific voyage

A.J. is without a doubt the least desirable dock space in Juneau; all you've got there is a tank farm. At least, Franklin is a relatively easy 10-15 min walk to downtown

Do the cruise lines negotiate for the better docks or is it luck of the draw?