Aloft Miami - Brickell

happy cruzin

Anyone have experience with the Aloft Miami - Brickell??

The last two years we have stayed precruise at the JW Marriott - but it is over $400.00 for one night in February 2015. We like the convenience of the Brickell location - near the Publix and Gordon Biersch and other dining options - but I am NOT willing to pay that to stay there again!

Have had the Aloft recommended - it's in the same general area. But have never stayed there or heard about it from anyone else. Looking for input!

I also tried the Port of Miami Holiday Inn - we have stayed there before too. But is showing ZERO availability for our pre AND post cruise dates!

Thought it was still far enough out that I would have LOTS of options. Guess not..... :/

Thanks in advance!

The last two years we have stayed precruise at the JW Marriott - but it is over $400.00 for one night in February 2015. We like the convenience of the Brickell location - near the Publix and Gordon Biersch and other dining options - but I am NOT willing to pay that to stay there again!

Have had the Aloft recommended - it's in the same general area. But have never stayed there or heard about it from anyone else. Looking for input!

I also tried the Port of Miami Holiday Inn - we have stayed there before too. But is showing ZERO availability for our pre AND post cruise dates!

Thought it was still far enough out that I would have LOTS of options. Guess not..... :/

Thanks in advance!

I am having the same exact problem! It's because the Holiday Inn is the pre-cruise hotel for NCL! I really liked the location of the Holiday Inn, we have stayed there before. Hopefully there is another option close by...

Feb is very busy especially on weekends.

Aloft is a moderate hotel chain. Won't compare to JW Marriott.:rolleyes:

Go to tripadvisor.com for recent reviews.

Edited by eandj

Feb is very busy especially on weekends.

Aloft is a moderate hotel chain. Won't compare to JW Marriott.:rolleyes:

Go to tripadvisor.com for recent reviews.

Know it won't compare to the JW for luxury. That's fine...we ended up at the JW a couple of years ago because if it's location not that it was a JW.

At this point - I'm just looking for clean, safe and reasonable cost in the Brickell area. ;)

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am having the same exact problem! It's because the Holiday Inn is the pre-cruise hotel for NCL! I really liked the location of the Holiday Inn, we have stayed there before. Hopefully there is another option close by...

Well...THAT explains why HI is not an option - doesn't it!! :eek:

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks in advance!

The JW marriott that you like is available on lastminutetravel.com for $208.99 for your night.

Hate to tell you, but Gordan Biersch closed months ago. They are busy making a CVS there.

aloft hotels are "cool and hip" ....:rolleyes::eek:

they tend to have decent rates but the beds are very low..there is not really any place in the room to sit except the desk and the bathroom is a little weird ....

I have not stayed in that one but i think that the brand is just not really comfy...no free breakfast either if that is a consideration...

That said...if you dont mind a minimalist room and you don't care about hip...cool...aloof :eek: service go for it

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

You can also try the Miami Airport Marriott Campus. they have a Marriott, a Courtyard and a Residence inn on site. Free Airport shuttle.

The Marriott usually offers a rate that includes shuttle to the Port.

The JW marriott that you like is available on lastminutetravel.com for $208.99 for your night.

Hate to tell you, but Gordan Biersch closed months ago. They are busy making a CVS there.

Just went to lmt - and I don't see anything for 208 when I search miami hotels. :cool: How did you find it?? :confused:

Thank you...Thank You....THANK YOU!!!

I had given up on the JW dropping down to something I was willing to pay :cool:. But DH saw you post this morning and we booked it this afternoon through last minute travel. Got it for $10.00 LESS than we were going to pay at the Aloft. :D

Had to pay for it today - which is no big deal - but it is 100% refundable up until 2/2/15. Works for me!

Bummer about Gordon Biersch - but honestly the times we were there we were often the only ones! LOL...I guess even with our bar tab :o - that wasn't enough to sustain them!

Thanks again! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

Thank you...Thank You....THANK YOU!!!

I had given up on the JW dropping down to something I was willing to pay :cool:. But DH saw you post this morning and we booked it this afternoon through last minute travel. Got it for $10.00 LESS than we were going to pay at the Aloft. :D

Had to pay for it today - which is no big deal - but it is 100% refundable up until 2/2/15. Works for me!

Bummer about Gordon Biersch - but honestly the times we were there we were often the only ones! LOL...I guess even with our bar tab :o - that wasn't enough to sustain them!

Thanks again! ;)

How close JW to Bayside? I can't find it on last minute travel website? hELP please...

How close JW to Bayside? I can't find it on last minute travel website? hELP please...

The JW Brickell is not walkable to Bayside ....but it's closer to Mary Brickell Village which is probably a lot nicer...

the JW Marriott Marquis that's closer to the Hyatt and the Convention center is closer to Bayside (can't remember if walkable though but the metro mover is close, though I am not a fan of that..)

the JWM Marquis is a few years newer....

as for finding it on LMT...can't help you there..sorry

Just a short cab ride to Bayside.

On lastminutetravel - it does not list it by name as the JW Marriott - choose your dates and "5 stars". Then look for:

5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami

8.72 miles from the airport

$230.00

"Call us for a better rate"

They will confirm it's the JW Marriott - on Brickell - before you book!

The JW Brickell is not walkable to Bayside ....but it's closer to Mary Brickell Village which is probably a lot nicer...

the JW Marriott Marquis that's closer to the Hyatt and the Convention center is closer to Bayside (can't remember if walkable though but the metro mover is close, though I am not a fan of that..)

the JWM Marquis is a few years newer....

as for finding it on LMT...can't help you there..sorry

We think so! ;) :D