Ladies tuxedo at Bayside or Sawgrass mall?

snorkel4ever

I am looking for a ladies tuxedo or smart pant suit for my daughter's graduation. (She hates dresses and is 1X size.) Will be in Miami for a couple of days pre-cruise. Any stores in Bayside market or other close by mall? Willing to go to Ft. Lauderdale if Sawgrass is better option. Any suggestions of specific store names /malls would be appreciated! Live outside the US and am unfamiliar with some of the store names listed in mall directories. Thanks.

I am looking for a ladies tuxedo or smart pant suit for my daughter's graduation. (She hates dresses and is 1X size.) Will be in Miami for a couple of days pre-cruise. Any stores in Bayside market or other close by mall? Willing to go to Ft. Lauderdale if Sawgrass is better option. Any suggestions of specific store names /malls would be appreciated! Live outside the US and am unfamiliar with some of the store names listed in mall directories. Thanks.

Bayside? forgetaboutit . . no REAL stores there

Sawgrass? Well maybe but it will take a lot of looking since this is an OUTLET place . . . IME you go to outlet malls expecting hit or miss . . .

My recommendation would be Dadeland Mall or "The Falls" and you can get to either via Metrorail (Falls requires transfer to a bus but it takes an express lane to the center.) THEN you'll have access to Macy's, Nordstrom, Dillards . . higher end merchandise at these places . . .

Hi, Bayside won't help you. It is more restaurants with smaller shops.

I agree about going to a mall..remember the Galleria is in Ft. Lauderdale.

Neimen Marcus is there along with a bunch of other stores. It is located

on Sunrise....East. Here is a link:

http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/shopping

Sawgrass Mills is another option....it may be an Outlet but it definitely

has ALOT of stores and it is all the way WEST.

You'll have much better luck at Sawgrass. There is a Bloomingdale's, Sak's, Nordstrom, and NM outlet stores as well as a zillion other stores.

While it is a haul, you'll find what you need there.

Is your daughter needing the outfit while you are in Miami? Is she with you to try on outfits? Guess I don't get that as you mention cruising after a two day stay.

You can find tons of things online from one of many of our dept stores as well as online shops. THat is if you have time to shop for it and have it shipped.

Sawgrass would be where I would shop if you have to.

My daughter will be with us so she can try on, maybe even wear to formal night on cruise. Options for shopping are so much better in US than Alberta (Canada). Just wanted more diversity/choice and the opportunity for her to try on/ see how if looks as opposed to ordering blindly on-line. Is there a specific store (other than major department stores) that would be a good choice, that I could even maybe contact in advance? Thought there was a women's career type store in Sawgrass Mall - but can't find it in directory any longer. Suggestions most appreciated!

My daughter will be with us so she can try on, maybe even wear to formal night on cruise. Options for shopping are so much better in US than Alberta (Canada). Just wanted more diversity/choice and the opportunity for her to try on/ see how if looks as opposed to ordering blindly on-line. Is there a specific store (other than major department stores) that would be a good choice, that I could even maybe contact in advance? Thought there was a women's career type store in Sawgrass Mall - but can't find it in directory any longer. Suggestions most appreciated!

Hi, here is a link to Sawgrass Mills with a full store directory:)

http://www.simon.com/mall/sawgrass-mills

If you have time you can go online at stores like Neiman Marcus, Norstrom,macy's etc as mentioned and see what they have. Sometimes those sites too will tell you if it's available in the store or just online. At least too it will give you an idea on what is available at our mainstream stores.

Since your daughter will be with you, I have a feeling you will find something she will like. She will see enough options for sure.;) Good luck.

Maybe you are thinking of Ann Taylor Outlet. I buy my career clothes/suits there but they don't carry plus sizes. Or Dress Barn is also at Sawgrass.

Some popular outsize stores are Lane Bryant and Avenue but I don't know what malls have these stores.

Macy's and Dillard's dept stores are really good for these purchases and they have great sales.

Edited by royalcruz

I am confused about Dress Barn. It is not listed in the Sawgrass mall directory - however it has happened to me before that the mall directory listing is not current. Does anyone know if there actually is a Dress Barn at Sawgrass? When I inquire using the Dress Barn store locator- Sawgrass does not come up. A different mall in Ft. Lauderdale is indicated- but Dress barn is not listed on that mall's directory either?? Can anyone confirm where Dress Barn is actually located? Thanks so much to everyone for their help!

I am confused about Dress Barn. It is not listed in the Sawgrass mall directory - however it has happened to me before that the mall directory listing is not current. Does anyone know if there actually is a Dress Barn at Sawgrass? When I inquire using the Dress Barn store locator- Sawgrass does not come up. A different mall in Ft. Lauderdale is indicated- but Dress barn is not listed on that mall's directory either?? Can anyone confirm where Dress Barn is actually located? Thanks so much to everyone for their help!

Sorry, I just did a little research and the DressBarn in Sawgrass Mills closed a while ago. I don't think there has ever been a Dress Barn in Fort Lauderdale. Sawgrass Mills is in Sunrise. They have stores in Hollywood and Davie. I think the closest to Miami is the Florida City store. Anyway, it's not that big of a store so the chances they'll have what you want are slim...I wouldn't go out of your way.

Edited by royalcruz

I just question what success you will have finding Ladies tux in FL. They may be out of fashion to begin with. Davids Bridal or another bridal type store? Maybe do an internet search-Ladies tuxedos South Florida?

Edited by zoncom

I just question what success you will have finding Ladies tux in FL. They may be out of fashion to begin with. Davids Bridal or another bridal type store? Maybe do an internet search-Ladies tuxedos South Florida?

Iagree...I haven't ever seen a ladies' tux but I remember seeing ladies' tuxedo pants about 20 yrs ago. It will be easier to find a ladies' dress suit, which they sometimes sell in dept stores.

I've been in a Dress Barn around here and I don't usually see much dressy stuff unless near Xmas. Our stores do summers as much more casual..sun dresses, capris, jeans etc.

Maybe it is by region?.....I have been in Dress Barn (near where I live)

and yes, I have seen sun dresses but I have also seen very pretty

dresses that can definitely worn in much dressier fashion. I am up

in Jacksonville.....not that this area is "dressy":eek:....but I have found

a good variety of dresses (different styles) in the store near me.

I saw a ladies tux in Saks a couple of months ago but it was $1800. Donna Karan I think.

I've only seen higher end designers do a ladies tuxedo.

David's Bridal will only have mens tuxedos.

FWIW, this is holiday attire that is usually only out during the holidays.

Edited by BlueHerons

I would check out some of the more unique areas of Miami for such clothes; Coconut Grove has a number of smaller shops when I visited a few years back, and just to the west of it (near a rail stop) is a mall with a Nieman /Nordstrom in it.

Also worth at least walking around is Miami Beach, as Lincoln Road is a pedestrian mall with a number of shops and there may be other shops around the South Beach area. As Miami also has a decent sized gay population, you may be able to find tuxes with a female cut in local tux stores, and asking hotel concierges (either yours, or call a few of the upscale hotels and ask to speak to one) may be able to refer you to likely places that have one. Finally, there are always thrift stores that you may be able to find almost-new things in the above areas.

Good luck and enjoy the cruise!