Norwegian Escape Public Rooms

London-Calling

"The Norwegian Escape, due in 2015, will be the cruise line's largest and boast all of the features of Norwegian Getaway, in addition to new spaces and experiences." (NCL)

It was not difficult to guess that Escape (and Bliss) would have more cabins than Breakaway class. (We have now heard that the Haven Complex' will have more suites).

However I wonder if any of the public rooms and dining options will be significantly changed?

Will there be room for any extra public rooms?

I don't doubt that many will be re-themed, dependent where the ship will home-port/operate.

Any guesses?

"The Norwegian Escape, due in 2015, will be the cruise line's largest and boast all of the features of Norwegian Getaway, in addition to new spaces and experiences." (NCL)

It was not difficult to guess that Escape (and Bliss) would have more cabins than Breakaway class. (We have now heard that the Haven Complex' will have more suites).

However I wonder if any of the public rooms and dining options will be significantly changed?

Will there be room for any extra public rooms?

I don't doubt that many will be re-themed, dependent where the ship will home-port/operate.

Any guesses?

So we know the Waterfront will be retained so there's your bars and restaurants on deck 8.

It's an extra level on the front for the increased Haven suites.

We know the success of the O'Sheehan's brand 24hr bar/food so can see that overlooking an Atrium ..

So it's just what they do with the rest..

Current trends would dictate a theatre at the front of the ship..

So it's just how they use that space on 6/7/8 and then the more flexible open upper decks..

I'm having trouble getting excited about this ship, until ncl releases some information that there will be more public spaces. So far all we have heard about are more cabins. What that means to me is a ship that will be even more crowed then the Breakaway. More cabins with the same public spaces. I hope I'm wrong, or I will pass on this ship.

I think there is still lots of information yet to be released. They like to have a steady release of information and excitement. But I don't remember NCL saying there was going to be lots of more open spaces. There was an interview with Sheehan that stated there would be an extra deck and more cabins. I never heard anything about more venues.

I would like to see a radical new design. But one thing that gets over looked is how fast they are building these ships. The NCL Breakaway was the fastest built cruise ship of its size. The Getaway just got to Miami and in 18 months the Escape will be in Miami too. This is lightening fast stuff for a cruise line. Maybe keeping the designs similar can also make them turn out the ships even FASTER ;)

Thanks!

...but definitely looks more public areas on the lower decks on 5,6,7 and 8

The deck plans when compared with Breakaway are very similar, except:

There is an extra deck of cabins

The most significant difference is that deck 5 has about 100 less cabins, which does generates some extra space for public rooms or dining, which Breakaway does not have.

Of course existing lounges/dining spaces can also be re-themed.

Edited by London-Calling

I'm having trouble getting excited about this ship, until ncl releases some information that there will be more public spaces. So far all we have heard about are more cabins. What that means to me is a ship that will be even more crowed then the Breakaway. More cabins with the same public spaces. I hope I'm wrong, or I will pass on this ship.
Good point....wouldn't want to imagine what the pool decks would be like.:rolleyes:

I am passing on this one.

Won't get on a plane. Enjoy.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I thought the official annoucement of the homeport is in mid-March? Do you know something different?

I thought the official annoucement of the homeport is in mid-March? Do you know something different?

Miami newspapers have already picked up stories from the Port of Miami about deals signing Norwegian Escape to homeport in Miami. NCL hasn't officially confirmed yet, but it's an open secret at this point.

Miami newspapers have already picked up stories from the Port of Miami about deals signing Norwegian Escape to homeport in Miami. NCL hasn't officially confirmed yet, but it's an open secret at this point.
Oh, I missed that bit of info on here, thanks!

If it's true, well that's too bad.:D

More cabins with the same public spaces. I hope I'm wrong, or I will pass on this ship.

The basic deck plans now available suggests that deck 5 has at least some extra space set aside for some public rooms/dining.

Existing public spaces could be enlarged, some lost, and some re-themed. For example we do not know that Breakaway+ will have an Ice Bar and Spiegel Tent. The link below provides an analysis:

http://wp.me/pfRKD-2oT

Edited by London-Calling

Can they share their butlers with us then?

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Ha! Not me. I have weird thing about butlers/servants. It must be my upbringing or something, but I can't have someone waiting on me like that. I have enough trouble with asking my room steward for things. It embarrasses me. I know that's weird, but I can't help it. I would absolutely HATE having to deal with a butler. I even get anxiety when my mother-in-law tries to wait on the family at holidays. I keep trying to get her to stop, even though she loves doing it.

I'm the exact SAME way, LrgPizza! I wouldn't know what to do with a butler either. Don't like strangers touching my stuff.

LondonCalling... What is that glass place? Can't zoom in on my phone. Breakaway does not have that.

??

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Anyone any idea what this glass bit is on Escape. I don't think Breakaway has it?

breakaway_plus-edit.jpg

But when you open those sliding doors a gale blows in. Plus you could look into the adjacent balconies. So guess they are sheltering the waterfront entrance!

Yep it's there on Breakaway as well..

8737852975_2af253490c_b.jpg

Breakaway mid-aft in NY by single_cruiser, on Flickr

Looks like they may frost the glass as currently from that spot you can see this..

8736479440_629e305e26_b.jpg

View from End of Waterfront by single_cruiser, on Flickr

Edited by Single Cruiser

If I remember correctly, Kevin Sheehan was pretty explicit about saying that the Escape class would have "an additional deck" of public space compared to the Breakaway class. We'll have to see how that translates. :confused:

(And I might be premature in referring to these ships as Escape-class, but there seem to be enough significant differences to warrant the distinction. After all, there are significant similarities between Epic and Breakaway, too.)

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

I'm the exact SAME way, LrgPizza! I wouldn't know what to do with a butler either. Don't like strangers touching my stuff.

LondonCalling... What is that glass place? Can't zoom in on my phone. Breakaway does not have that.

??

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I'm the same way also!