Dinner on the Breakaway Haven?

dongordon

How do dinners in the Haven compare to the Specialty Restaurants and the Main Dining Rooms on the Breakaway?

RE: Food, Ambiance and Service?

Thanks.

Don

I don't know about the Breakaway, but on the Getaway, the food, ambiance, and service were all light years beyond the rest of the ship, and I think the new haven menus are even better.

The new Havens menus are a lot better than the old. All three courses. Service is wonderful.

And wrt to ambience which the OP inquired about, it is far superior. You are in an extremely private and exclusive area that only has a dozen people dining. Out of this world.

Question about the haven restaurant, we have the UDP and hear the the restaurants fill up and can't get a reservation. Can I go to the haven restaurant and order from one of the specialty restaurants?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question about the haven restaurant, we have the UDP and hear the the restaurants fill up and can't get a reservation. Can I go to the haven restaurant and order from one of the specialty restaurants?

No, but you can have your butler order dinner from a specialty restaurant and deliver to your stateroom.

Don't know the answer to that but have the concierge get you your reservations if you are having problems getting desired times on the ship. Perhaps being in the Haven gets me higher priority but I have never had a problem getting my desired times once I am on the ship.

You're not going to have a problem getting a reservation using the haven concierge, even if it shows as full for that time slot

Yes you can have food from the specialty restaurants in the Haven restaurant, I've done it. They do prefer tho if you can give a heads up of what you want from where and what time you want to dine. Arrange it maybe the night before or the morning of. Look at the specialty restaurants menu. You will still be charged the restaurant fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And wrt to ambience which the OP inquired about, it is far superior. You are in an extremely private and exclusive area that only has a dozen people dining. Out of this world.

Really, a dozen??? I recall there being more seats than that.

Really, a dozen??? I recall there being more seats than that.

When wife and I were in the Haven on the Getaway, probably due to the fact that most suites had the UDP, the Haven restaurant was largely empty at night. One night we were the only couple dining during that time period, other nights there would be at most two or three other couples.

Edited by Fido Chuckwagon

We have cruised Breakaway four times, twice in the Haven. Our last trip, this March was a Haven trip. The new menu in the Haven is amazing. The quality of food and service in the specialty restaurants seems to have declined quite a bit. The exception to that was Cagney's which was awesome, so good that if we were to cruise again with a dining promo, all our specialty meals would be at Cagney's. The food and service in the Haven can not be beat. It is way above the MDR's and the specialty restaurants. There is no such thing as "full" for Haven guests when it comes to getting a restaurant reservation. Your chances of getting exactly what you want when you want are very high. If the concierge cannot access a booking from his computer, he will call the restaurant itself to get you a reservation. You can have anything being served any where on the ship served to you in the Haven restaurant. As others have said, it is good to give a heads up to the staff there if at all possible so they can coordinate any running they may need to do. Also, as others have said, if there is a fee for something you are ordering, you will have to pay that. The butler can get you menus, but the specialty restaurants have their menus on your TV.

Got off the Haven on the Breakaway on May 8th. Absolutely a beautiful restaurant. Lobster tails every night. The wait staff was super. Right around the corner from the Lounge. The only drink Lori the bartender said was not included in the UBP was Johnny Walker Blue. What more could you ask for?

Jay

You're not going to have a problem getting a reservation using the haven concierge, even if it shows as full for that time slot

That is not true. We were on Breakaway 2 weeks ago and the concierge could not help us to get a reservation in Le Bistro between 7 and 8:30pm on any night after the first night. It is better to make as many of your specialty dining reservations on the NCL website as possible. Then you can make additional reservations onboard on the first afternoon of the cruise with the concierge. After that, restaurants like Le Bistro and Cagney's are booked out except for odd hours like 5:30pm or 9:00pm and the concierge can't do anything about it. Your alternatives are to eat in The Haven restaurant (I highly recommend this) or choose other specialty restaurants that are not full and get reservations there - typically La Cucina is not full and you may be able to get into Moderno(maybe) or go to a MDR or the buffet.

That is not true. We were on Breakaway 2 weeks ago and the concierge could not help us to get a reservation in Le Bistro between 7 and 8:30pm on any night after the first night. It is better to make as many of your specialty dining reservations on the NCL website as possible. Then you can make additional reservations onboard on the first afternoon of the cruise with the concierge. After that, restaurants like Le Bistro and Cagney's are booked out except for odd hours like 5:30pm or 9:00pm and the concierge can't do anything about it. Your alternatives are to eat in The Haven restaurant (I highly recommend this) or choose other specialty restaurants that are not full and get reservations there - typically La Cucina is not full and you may be able to get into Moderno(maybe) or go to a MDR or the buffet.

Surprised we had no problems with restaurants

Concierge and assistant took care of everything including shows that were showing not available

Got off the Haven on the Breakaway on May 8th. Absolutely a beautiful restaurant. Lobster tails every night. The wait staff was super. Right around the corner from the Lounge. The only drink Lori the bartender said was not included in the UBP was Johnny Walker Blue. What more could you ask for?

Jay

Can you pay a small fee/difference in price for UBP and get Johnny Walker Blue? Thats what my husband drinks

We have cruised Breakaway four times, twice in the Haven. Our last trip, this March was a Haven trip. The new menu in the Haven is amazing. The quality of food and service in the specialty restaurants seems to have declined quite a bit. The exception to that was Cagney's which was awesome, so good that if we were to cruise again with a dining promo, all our specialty meals would be at Cagney's. The food and service in the Haven can not be beat. It is way above the MDR's and the specialty restaurants. There is no such thing as "full" for Haven guests when it comes to getting a restaurant reservation. Your chances of getting exactly what you want when you want are very high. If the concierge cannot access a booking from his computer, he will call the restaurant itself to get you a reservation. You can have anything being served any where on the ship served to you in the Haven restaurant. As others have said, it is good to give a heads up to the staff there if at all possible so they can coordinate any running they may need to do. Also, as others have said, if there is a fee for something you are ordering, you will have to pay that. The butler can get you menus, but the specialty restaurants have their menus on your TV.

Would you happen to have the new Haven dinner menus or know where I might view them?

Are they different every night or is it the same menu like the specialty restaurants?

Thanks so much.

Don