Carnival Site and VFP#

RWolver672

About a month ago, our son got a postcard from Carnival offering him a discount on a cruise. I glanced at it and noticed that where it said how many days cruising he had was one cruise short.

I went online and sure enough, his last one in 2015 was missing. I called Carnival and was on hold for twenty minutes before a real nice lady came on. I had the Carnival site brought up on the computer and I noticed that his VIFP number wasn't right. I told the lady that and she took down the number and somehow combined the two and verified that the 2015 cruise was missing.

She told me that it would take a while for it to show up online. I had written down the VIFP number that was wrong. Yesterday I checked online again to see if his cruise was added. It was. I then looked to see if his VIFP number was correct. It wasn't and it was a different number than what was there a month ago.

I called again in the morning and the recording said that they were backed up and to leave my phone number and they would get back with me which I did. At 4:30 they still hadn't called so I called again and got through right away.

I explained that his account was assigned three different numbers. I read the three different ones off to her and she said that they still had him down for the original number. While talking to her, I signed in to his account again and another different number popped up. She said not to worry that in their system, the original still was his number.

This morning I logged in again to see if his number was right. Sure enough, there was another different number. Every time I log in, it gives a different number.

I told my son that the next time he cruises, we are going to have to check to see if he gets credit for it and not worry about the VIFP number. I can't figure out why it keeps assigning him new numbers.

The Carnival site seems to be full of glitches. My friend logged in over the weekend to book an excursion, and couldn't proceed without paying his cruise in full. He tried again the next night, and was able to book with no problem (he still owes the same balance :rolleyes:)

Try emailing customer service (contact info should be on the website). I have better luck with that sometimes. They need to get rid of those extra numbers so he will be sure to get the credits he earns.

The Carnival site seems to be full of glitches. My friend logged in over the weekend to book an excursion, and couldn't proceed without paying his cruise in full. He tried again the next night, and was able to book with no problem (he still owes the same balance :rolleyes:)

Try emailing customer service (contact info should be on the website). I have better luck with that sometimes. They need to get rid of those extra numbers so he will be sure to get the credits he earns.

Originally I used the button on the bottom of the VIFP page to add his missing cruise. Two weeks later it still wasn't there. I then tried to e-mail them but when you click on the "Contact Us" button, it only gives phone numbers.

I just received this reply from Carnival.

Carnival Logo

We've received your email, and we are happy to process your information and get back to you within 7 days.

Thank you for your patience; we value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Line

About a month ago, our son got a postcard from Carnival offering him a discount on a cruise. I glanced at it and noticed that where it said how many days cruising he had was one cruise short.

I went online and sure enough, his last one in 2015 was missing. I called Carnival and was on hold for twenty minutes before a real nice lady came on. I had the Carnival site brought up on the computer and I noticed that his VIFP number wasn't right. I told the lady that and she took down the number and somehow combined the two and verified that the 2015 cruise was missing.

She told me that it would take a while for it to show up online. I had written down the VIFP number that was wrong. Yesterday I checked online again to see if his cruise was added. It was. I then looked to see if his VIFP number was correct. It wasn't and it was a different number than what was there a month ago.

I called again in the morning and the recording said that they were backed up and to leave my phone number and they would get back with me which I did. At 4:30 they still hadn't called so I called again and got through right away.

I explained that his account was assigned three different numbers. I read the three different ones off to her and she said that they still had him down for the original number. While talking to her, I signed in to his account again and another different number popped up. She said not to worry that in their system, the original still was his number.

This morning I logged in again to see if his number was right. Sure enough, there was another different number. Every time I log in, it gives a different number.

I told my son that the next time he cruises, we are going to have to check to see if he gets credit for it and not worry about the VIFP number. I can't figure out why it keeps assigning him new numbers.

Hope you get it straightened out soon. Be sure you keep your son's Sail and Sign card each time he cruises. If for some reason this is a problem in the future and Carnival can't straighten it out with the information they have on file, he will always have proof to send them to get credit on his VIFP account.

Be sure you keep your son's Sail and Sign card each time he cruises. If for some reason this is a problem in the future and Carnival can't straighten it out with the information they have on file, he will always have proof to send them to get credit on his VIFP account.

That's a good suggestion, thanks.

I received a letter this morning from Carnival assuring me that every time they check his number, it is the right one. Out of frustration, I again went in and sure enough, there was another number. Having tried everything else without success, I tried a different browser. You guessed it. The right number. It was the browser that was doing it. Who knows how or why but at least I now know that everything is straightened out with his number.

Thanks to all that helped with suggestions.

Glad it got sorted out! We had a similar problem because our DS's are twins. Carnival got confused with the same birthdates! Was fine for first 2 cruises, oddly though. Called our PVP and she took care of it. They issued a completely new number for one and credited the missing cruise. Computers aren't as smart as we humans give them credit for!

My husband and I have 10 crusies with carnival and I noticed on his paper work it showed he was a red when we are Plat. After a few calls I contacted past guest services and they pulled up my cruises to see his and they made hima Plat again with his number so might go to Past guest... took only a few days

My husband and I have 10 crusies with carnival and I noticed on his paper work it showed he was a red when we are Plat. After a few calls I contacted past guest services and they pulled up my cruises to see his and they made hima Plat again with his number so might go to Past guest... took only a few days

That was who I was dealing with.