Deirdre's Guest Blog is Live!

BBMacLaird

Loved the review and the photos! We'll be on Quest next year on the sailing right after yours, Deirdre...leaving from beautiful Barcelona. We stop in Mahon also, so it was nice to see the photo and read that it was one of your favorite places.

Bonnie, thanks both for inviting me to be a guest blogger and for your suggestions on topics. I had fun writing it and it's thrilling to see my name in print. First time!

Mare, just like Carcassonne was the draw for the Journey voyage, Mahon is for next September on the Quest. I thought that island was stunning. It will be great having another day to spend there.

Thank you Deirdre for this great review, in both positive and negative ways. Positive: everything you loved about the cruise, including the ship and the ports. Even the negative (Carcasonne not living up to your expectation) was helpful: we are visiting France next summer and because our river cruise must go from Lyon to Arles (and not vice versa) we couldn't include Carcasonne on our pre-cruise driving loop. Thanks to you, I don't feel guilty about skipping it!

Congratulations, Deirdre. What an honor it must be for you as a guest blogger. Enjoyed your review and pictures.

What a very special honour and very well deserved. Look forward to reading more!

Regards to yourself and Rob.

Jen and Pete

Grandma Gilly--thanks for reading it! There's a part two that will be showing up one of these days.

Jen--we're signed up for the West Indies in 2016. Plenty of lead time for you and Pete to think about it....:)

Jazzbeau--if you're going as far as Arles and you want to see a castle, try Beaucaire, only about 20 minutes down the road, or a bit further out, Le Beaux. Both I liked better than Carccassone, and I bet you would too.

Midwestchick--thanks. I can't stop looking at my name in print!!! :p

Well Done Deirdre. Another great blog and I really enjoyed it.

I still want to go to Carcassonne though, having read Labyrinth by Kate Mosse its definitely on my bucket list and I agree that Menorca is a lovely island and Mahon such a nice port. The sail in is lovely too.

Lottie! I did read your book recommendation before we left and it was a good story so thanks; I enjoyed it. And yes, you should see Carcassonne.

Pam, glad you liked it, more to come soon.

Ed, well that's the beauty of small ship Azamara. To paraphrase the old saying: sail with small ship, look like big fish. ;)

Deidre,

Congratulations on your new blog. After reading many of your informative posts on Cruise Critic, I was really looking forward to reading your new blog. I just did and it was wonderfully written and inspired me with regard to where our next Azamara adventure may take us. We are going to be on an Azamara cruise next year that ends in Barcelona and I know now we will have to extend a day or two to take in some of the spectacular sights. Great blog, looking forward to part two. So glad you could share your thoughts and those wonderful pictures.

Darlene

Deidre,

Congratulations on your new blog. After reading many of your informative posts on Cruise Critic, I was really looking forward to reading your new blog. I just did and it was wonderfully written and inspired me with regard to where our next Azamara adventure may take us. We are going to be on an Azamara cruise next year that ends in Barcelona and I know now we will have to extend a day or two to take in some of the spectacular sights. Great blog, looking forward to part two. So glad you could share your thoughts and those wonderful pictures.

Darlene

Thank you very much Darlene. Barcelona is such a easy port to start/end with. We always take the shuttle bus to Placa Catalunya. http://http://www.aerobusbcn.com/ and use the subway and foot power to get around. I was actually astonished at how close the Journey docked to Las Ramblas as we'd only ever been to Barcelona on cruise ships that dock on the other side of the bridge way far away. Journey spoiled us for good. :)