Parking in Galveston

klaner64

Go to Galveston's website and you will find info on parking under the cruise section. I've parked at Lighthouse parking, the port parking, and park n cruise. Lighthouse has covered parking and a shuttle, port parking is open air with shuttle, and park n cruise is open or garage with no shuttle because it's right across the street. There are several others too. We decided to go with Lighthouse parking again this year. They also have their own websites where you can look at pics and price info, and decide which one best suits you.

What is it called?

There are 2 of them. One is Park N Cruise and the other is Galveston VIP Parking. Park N Cruise is about a block away and has inside as well as outside parking. VIP has only inside parking. VIP is on the corner by the red light and is the closest one.

• 2 weeks later...

We usually always park at Galveston Park -N - Cruise, but I forgot to get it done and today went to do it and they are full...So I did the Port of Galveston Parking...really cheap, but now second guessing myself on how far the parking may be and if there is a shuttle to get hubby back to the terminal. He always drops me and the luggage off and then goes and parks the car, and always walks across the street back to the terminal. Is this doable with the Port parking? Do they have a shuttle if the parking is so far away...and last... how do you know where to park...is there an attendant somewhere that helps you?

Sorry for all the questions, but this will all be new to us this time around.

Thanks in advance for any answers provided..

We use Galveston Park & Cruise. Have done so twice now and will in the future. Love the indoor secure parking. It is an easy walk but the last time we were there they were even shuttling people down the alley on a golf cart then it was just a walk across the street.

Edited by Cruiser 23218

• 2 months later...

So, is it okay to drop the bags first and then park?

I was wondering if dividing up the group is a bad idea?

If it is crazy and the line moves slow.. that might be okay.

What if the lines move fast and I am not back from parking the car??

So excited for this Sunday!

Yes. You can leave bags with a ... Skycap... Bellhop... The proper term escapes me at the moment!

Makes me nervous to split up my group. But... Boarding is probably not a problem. Now your return and Customs... That's a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can drop bags off first and you can drop the rest of your party off with the bags. They can get the bags to the porter and then wait for you. They don't have to get in line.

We used Galveston Park N Cruise and could not have been happier. Highly recommended. We used indoor parking and they drove us in a golf cart to the corner, right at the cross walk into the cruise terminal area. We loved not having to wait for a shuttle bus. Short walk across the street and you are at the Carnival terminal, then just another few minutes and we were at Royal Caribbean check in area. We will DEFINITELY use them again. Need to book in advance for indoor parking. Last cruise we tried to book 3 weeks in advance and they were already sold out, so this time we booked 3 months in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently looking at all the options for parking at Galveston. Just have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with:

If we use the park parking, can one walk to the terminal or do you have to use a shuttle? It doesn't look very far of a walk so just curious.

With VIP or Park N Cruise, I have read that the spaces are very tight. Will we have issues with an extended mini-van?

Thanks for any and all help!

We used Galveston once before and used the port parking. It was a WAYS away from the terminal. We *had* to use a shuttle to get back.

It was a pretty rude awakening compared to the Houston terminal where you just parked out front and walked in like it was Walmart. :/

We used Galveston once before and used the port parking. It was a WAYS away from the terminal. We *had* to use a shuttle to get back.

It was a pretty rude awakening compared to the Houston terminal where you just parked out front and walked in like it was Walmart. :/

Thanks for the information. We're trying to avoid having to wait for a shuttle so I think we'll look at booking the Park N Cruise. The reviews I have read so far seem to be good.

Thanks for the information. We're trying to avoid having to wait for a shuttle so I think we'll look at booking the Park N Cruise. The reviews I have read so far seem to be good.

We have used EZ Cruise 2 times, but in March we used Park N Cruise. It was so easy to just walk across the street. They took us on their golf cart right from us car to the traffic light when we arrived and did it in reverse when leaving. There was a police officer or an official someone controlling traffic at that light so you are able to get across the street safely.

We have always used Lighthouse parking. We pull in park, pay and the van is there very quickly. Maybe a 6 or 7 minute drive to the terminal. They are always there to meet us when we get off the ship. No waiting! Also no waiting for van to fill up before leaving.

Thank you, I did a search yesterday right after I posted.:) I am still trying to decide which is the best way for us. I was considering staying at the La Quinta Inn East Seawall with our friends, but we also want to meet a couple from our August 2017 sailing who live outside Houston and meet for dinner. This caused me to wonder if it would be better we drive down half way from IAH, meet them for dinner and spend the night at a nearby Hotel then come down in the morning.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

• 3 weeks later...
We have used EZ Cruise 2 times, but in March we used Park N Cruise. It was so easy to just walk across the street. They took us on their golf cart right from us car to the traffic light when we arrived and did it in reverse when leaving. There was a police officer or an official someone controlling traffic at that light so you are able to get across the street safely.

Is Park N Cruise the one with parking that is completely indoors, like a deck? Looks like Lighthouse Parking is covered, but not completely - sides are open. We are willing to pay more to park in a "deck" like parking area.