Ollie's Trolley in Bar Harbor

ssimon

We will be sailing the Brilliance in October, and are interested in going to Acadia National Park while in Bar Harbor. Can someone please tell me how to get to where we would get the Trolley? Is it very far from where we tender into port? Can we walk? I was going to preorder the tickets since we will be there October 14 and am afraid of not getting on the first trolley. Thank you for the help.

We had a fun time on the tour. There will be other people on the trolley. Can't tell if any given trip will be completely full. If sharing the tour with other folks is not to your liking, maybe it's best to hire a private guide.

We will be sailing the Brilliance in October, and are interested in going to Acadia National Park while in Bar Harbor. Can someone please tell me how to get to where we would get the Trolley? Is it very far from where we tender into port? Can we walk? I was going to preorder the tickets since we will be there October 14 and am afraid of not getting on the first trolley. Thank you for the help.

hi, the trolley is a short walk from the dock. Head right when you arrive on the main street. You can buy tickets next to the trolley but with a ship load you might be better purchasing them now. This is a lovely trip...we did it last Sept. We'll be on the Brilliance Oct. 5th..and might just take the trolley again! The Park and all,the scenery is just beautiful. Enjoy!

Edited by twoshots

Thanks...I did purchase the voucher for tickets, I am looking forward to that part of the trip. I was worried about rain, guess I should worry about fog! Oh well, it will still be a great trip!

• 4 months later...
Ollie's Trolly is a closed tour. Its not hop on hop off.

Other than a ship's tour, what would your suggestion be for a group who would like to explore the park and area? Rental cars are not an option in Bar Harbor.

Cole

What time of year are you going? During the summer, there is a shuttle that will bring you to the park.

I've done Ollie's Trolley. Its a nice tour and does stop at the main points in the park for a few minutes.

We will be in Bar Harbor during the month of September. We are wondering if the Island Explorer would be more to our liking since it appears to allow off and on at stops.

Cole

We will be in Bar Harbor during the month of September. We are wondering if the Island Explorer would be more to our liking since it appears to allow off and on at stops.

Cole

Probably, but after September 1st, they are on fall schedule, which limits the number of runs. I thought they listed the fall schedule on the website, but don't see it. Perhaps you'd do well to contact them directly.

• 2 weeks later...