What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Was in aft balcony on the Jewel. I could offer a minimum of $500.00 pp for upgrade to a Penthouse suite aft. I called NCL to see if the minimum bids ever get lowered. They asked me to hold as they checked and come back to tell me they were upgrading me for free. Now that's customer service!

WOW! What did you say to get them to do that??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Lazlo,

When I got the bid email, I put it in without my husband knowing because I wanted to surprise him. I was able to put the payment on a different card so he'll definitely be surprised when we get to the ship and he finds out we're in a mini-suite rather than an outside standard room.

Just got my email to bid on an upgrade. First time doing this. If I bid $100 now, can I up the bid in a few weeks or is it one time bid only?

Thanks,

Tony

You can change your bid daily if you want. They (NCL) will leave it up until they make a decision which is usually any where between a few day or up to several weeks before your cruise.

Hi Lazlo,

When I got the bid email, I put it in without my husband knowing because I wanted to surprise him. I was able to put the payment on a different card so he'll definitely be surprised when we get to the ship and he finds out we're in a mini-suite rather than an outside standard room.

Congratulations and what an awesome surprise!!

I got my upgrade today on the August 14'th Baltic trip. Went from a Midship Mini-Suite to a Haven Spa Suite (H9). I big right on the poor/fair line.

I won my bid with a poor bid so miracles can happen [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I won my bid with a poor bid so miracles can happen [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That is happening more and more because of NCL raising prices of the "Haven" experience that most people aren't willing to pay the going rate. Maybe NCL will get the message and bring down the prices to a more reasonable price but then again we are dealing with NCL.

Congratulations on your upgrade:)

has this happened to anyone?

I got the bid email on Friday 7/19...opened it. and went to the site, because I was out of town, didn't have time to really look at it.

Got home yesterday, opened the email and went to the site, and couldn't make any bids.

thanks

has this happened to anyone?

I got the bid email on Friday 7/19...opened it. and went to the site, because I was out of town, didn't have time to really look at it.

Got home yesterday, opened the email and went to the site, and couldn't make any bids.

thanks

I would expect that happens when they have already gotten many bids or cabins are no longer available for bids.

Wondering if NCL would accept a bid if it were somewhat close to the current cabin price but yet 60 days from sailing date. In order to test that I have made a bid that is $150 less than current price with 8 cabins that have all been available for the last 2 weeks. Should be interesting.

Wondering if NCL would accept a bid if it were somewhat close to the current cabin price but yet 60 days from sailing date. In order to test that I have made a bid that is $150 less than current price with 8 cabins that have all been available for the last 2 weeks. Should be interesting.

Yes, they will take your bid.

As to winning that bid, there are a few factors.

1) If they can SELL the room to a new passenger at a higher price, they will do that. No way to know if that will happen. And this is one of the reasons most people do not get their notice until a few days before the cruise.

2) If they feel they can sell your old cabins/category easier, than there is a better chance that a bid from your current level will get a bump up, opening your level for new sales. That leads to #3

3) If all other things are equal, the person with the highest bid will get the upgrade. Meaning if others are bidding even a few dollars more than you, they will get the win.

In the end, your test will not reveal the reason you win or not win the upgrade. But - GOOD LUCK - HOPE YOU GET IT!

You are absolutely right. A lot of "ifs". Checking availability every day gives me something interesting to do while I tick off each day until the cruise
I agree. I check it daily. I was "okay" with my initial booking, but the chance for an upgrade/upsell/bid makes it a lot more fun.

Jim

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I got a question. Mom and dad got their upgrade email/banner. I was looking at the different Cats and options of bidding prices... Let's say your in a Balcony or mini and bid on all Cats... you get the next lowest and are upgraded and CC charged... does the res the bids for higher automatically disappear? If not, what happens if they decide to accept a bid closer to cruise to a higher Cat... do you get charged both amounts or do they take off what you have already been charged? Anyone have experience with this?

I upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony on Breakaway. I bid the minimum ($25x 2 = $ 50 total). It was rated a poor bid. I got an aft balcony cabin on deck 14. Great cabin EXCEPT late night when H2O parties were going on. Very loud music and bass thumping in cabin. lesson learned, upgrade program isn't for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We spoke with someone from NCL last night. I figured when we saw that all the rooms in the category we bid on an upgrade were no longer available, that there is no way we would get the room. The rep told me however that they will pull the rooms and make them no longer available so that the bidders will get them. FYI this was a Haven to Haven upgrade.

So fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes up on that 3 Bedroom Villa :)

I got a question. Mom and dad got their upgrade email/banner. I was looking at the different Cats and options of bidding prices... Let's say your in a Balcony or mini and bid on all Cats... you get the next lowest and are upgraded and CC charged... does the res the bids for higher automatically disappear? If not, what happens if they decide to accept a bid closer to cruise to a higher Cat... do you get charged both amounts or do they take off what you have already been charged? Anyone have experience with this?

Once NCL accepts your bid on one of the upgrades the rest of your bids go away. You get only one shot on the upgrade regardless of how many categories you can bid on.