What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I'm not sure if I should post here or not but I am sure people will let me know for the future... :-D

In the past we have always pay for the cabin we want outright. On our upcoming Dawn trip we have a Owner's Suite with Double Balcony. There is only 1 cabin above that a Garden Villa and the only upgrade offer we could submit. We are not bidding because the other half has put his foot down based on what everyone else is paying and what we paid. I am of course heartbroken as I feel that we need a 3 bedroom space for the 2 of us as I am a brat.

Our offer started at $1250 / person ($2500 total) for 2 people. This is after spending more than $7000 for the 2 of us for the 7 days. Hence why I can't even get him to listen to the idea nevertheless really consider it.

Probably not wise to post intentions prior to award but just FYI, this new system is set up to reward you with a much lower winning bid.

The inside and ov can't bid on a suite but can bid on the balconies. They pay extra for the balcony. The guy in the balcony and mini suite bid on the suites. Ncl can make more $ by giving them your room and then selling you the GV for much less. You can potentially get the GV for a poor bid as a result. This in theory makes everyone happy.

Probably not wise to post intentions prior to award but just FYI, this new system is set up to reward you with a much lower winning bid.

The inside and ov can't bid on a suite but can bid on the balconies. They pay extra for the balcony. The guy in the balcony and mini suite bid on the suites. Ncl can make more $ by giving them your room and then selling you the GV for much less. You can potentially get the GV for a poor bid as a result. This in theory makes everyone happy.

I am happy with our cabin as we are a family of 2. (Really 2.5 but our dog can't come as someone on this board would have a problem with a black lab who doesn't bark but only likes humans and thinks she is one.

Like I said, no idea what needs can take something that doesn't think anything.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We are in the UK - Platinum Latitudes but don't believe that makes a difference. On the Spirit in October in a BA balcony and have been offered an upgrade via My NCL - to an SB for a minimum bid of £585 (US$760pp) or an SE, SF or SG for a minimum £390 (US$500). Have opted not to bother as we don't want to split up our party. Would be interesting to know what a successful bid looks like!

My bid was accepted today.

Escape sailing 8/26

Started in Inside as CAS guests.

Bid $75 pp for Balcony (min bid allowed was $50/max was $400) . R

Awarded Balcony BE category.

Pros: Looking forward to balcony, views, maybe sleeping with doors open. Also moved up from deck 12 to deck 13.

Cons: Original room I chose at the back of ship very close to elevators and stairs which I prefer, new room is at the front of ship as far as possible away from elevators/stairs. I will also have to explain to the kids that a balcony is NOT to be expected on any future sailings (we are NEVER in the room so we are fine in an inside and able to vaca more often then needing something more expensive which would result in less vacations).

For $150 I am very good with the pros over the cons :).

My bid was accepted today.

Escape sailing 8/26

Started in Inside as CAS guests.

Bid $75 pp for Balcony (min bid allowed was $50/max was $400) . R

Awarded Balcony BE category.

Pros: Looking forward to balcony, views, maybe sleeping with doors open. Also moved up from deck 12 to deck 13.

Cons: Original room I chose at the back of ship very close to elevators and stairs which I prefer, new room is at the front of ship as far as possible away from elevators/stairs. I will also have to explain to the kids that a balcony is NOT to be expected on any future sailings (we are NEVER in the room so we are fine in an inside and able to vaca more often then needing something more expensive which would result in less vacations).

For $150 I am very good with the pros over the cons :).

Oh - I should add there was a ton of balcony availability on this sailing plus they started awarding the people upgrading FROM balconies over the last day or two as well. Pretty sure I could have got it for the min bid as well....

We sail on 8/19 on the Escape. We had three inside guaranties with bids. $25/pp for ocean view and $65/pp for balconies. Just heard that one cabin the bid was accepted for the balcony (the birthday girl!). Neither bid was accepted for the other two cabins.

faphy8 - You got a bid accepted already for the Oct 26 Jade sailing? Just curious, we are on that sailing as well, I just figured they wouldn't accept anything until like 5 days out or something. We have a couple bids in for the Haven (which appears to be sold out so I'm not optimistic). Interesting that they are already upgrading folks.

I bid on an upgrade from an OV to both a balcony and a mini-suite. On my ncl, when I go to the upgrade site, it says "Review your offer" and the bid strength meter is no longer active. When I click "Review my offer" both bids say "Pending." It has been this way for about two weeks. Where I have never participated in this program before, does that seem normal, and do I have a reason to remain hopeful? My cruise is 8 days away, and others who have bid my same amount on the same level upgrades have received confirmation that their bids have been accepted. If it does seem like something is not what it should be, does anyone know who to connect with to check things out or should I just take a chill pill and let the Universe unfold exactly as it should?

I bid on an upgrade from an OV to both a balcony and a mini-suite. On my ncl, when I go to the upgrade site, it says "Review your offer" and the bid strength meter is no longer active. When I click "Review my offer" both bids say "Pending." It has been this way for about two weeks. Where I have never participated in this program before, does that seem normal, and do I have a reason to remain hopeful? My cruise is 8 days away, and others who have bid my same amount on the same level upgrades have received confirmation that their bids have been accepted. If it does seem like something is not what it should be, does anyone know who to connect with to check things out or should I just take a chill pill and let the Universe unfold exactly as it should?

Mine did the same thing and then I received and email 48 hours prior to sailing stating that my bid to upgrade was not honored.

I wish you luck.. it ain't over till the fat lady sings... if your bid is not accepted, you'll know 48 hours before your cruise. I know it might be disappointing but not all bids are accepted but, if it's not, it's not. Eight days in the life of a cruise bid can be a long time ;p

Just chill, lighten up, I'd offer you a glass of wine but I'm almost out... lol J/K

Like I said, I wish you luck, hang in there not much longer... :wine-glass: cheers

I have a bid on an aft penthouse for a September cruise. Many others on my cruise have received acceptances for their bids, but they are mainly insides to oceanview or balconies. Is it typical to have the suites be re-assigned later? Also, when I do a fake booking, all suites are sold out, but on my bid page I still have the option to bid on all of them. Anyone have a similar experience?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a bid on an aft penthouse for a September cruise. Many others on my cruise have received acceptances for their bids, but they are mainly insides to oceanview or balconies. Is it typical to have the suites be re-assigned later? Also, when I do a fake booking, all suites are sold out, but on my bid page I still have the option to bid on all of them. Anyone have a similar experience?

Yes I actually have a bid in on the GV for my cruise and it was listed as sold out for weeks. Recently just reopened so my fingers are crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

..... My cruise is 8 days away, and others who have bid my same amount on the same level upgrades have received confirmation that their bids have been accepted. If it does seem like something is not what it should be, does anyone know who to connect with to check things out or should I just take a chill pill and let the Universe unfold exactly as it should?

Very possible those other people got the last available upgrades. There will always be folks that get it, and those that will not based on number of cabins available. When you say they bid the same, are you saying they bid EXACTLY the same as you?

Yes, suites showed sold out on our 9/2 Gem cruise, yet bid was accepted. Assume someone else received an upgrade to a higher category. Don't give up hope!

I received an upgrade offer for my cruise on the breakaway Nov5. I currently have a balcony room with the slight bump out balcony. One of the offers was for a mini suite stateroom with min bid of $25. Is this worth bidding for? I tried to see what was really different with the mini suite against the balcony room i currently have reserved. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I received an upgrade offer for my cruise on the breakaway Nov5. I currently have a balcony room with the slight bump out balcony. One of the offers was for a mini suite stateroom with min bid of $25. Is this worth bidding for? I tried to see what was really different with the mini suite against the balcony room i currently have reserved. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Bigger bathroom, double sink -- maybe a tub -- not worth the loss of the balcony bump... bid for the Haven