What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I am hoping for the chance to bid for a Haven. I would be so happy to try one after all I've read about them on these boards. But either way I will also be happy with the balcony we have. I know my chances will be slim anyways because I'm sure my bid will not be in the good range.

I will let you know if I get to bid and if I win the bid!

Has anyone heard of the minimum bid allowed going down as you get closer? I would assume not. I was hoping to bid for an Aft Haven Penthouse from my aft balcony. There are 4 of the suites still let but the minimum bid is $1500 total. I am happy with my cabin but was hoping to maybe score an amazing deal and place a total bid of $1000 ($500 pp) to try for an upgrade. The current min puts it out of my price range

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been wondering the same thing. On my upcoming cruise it's (from a spa suite, so already in the haven) 500/pp to upgrade to a family villa suite and 750/pp to OS or DOS. Just seems a bit expensive considering what I have already paid. Essentially all I'm getting there is a bigger room. Others on my cruise seemed to have the same opinion.

It seems as if low-ball bids from inside to balcony are getting approved pretty often (judging just from these posts). Lowest bid offered for our balcony to any Haven are starting at $400pp. With UBP & SDP not sure worth it but hey, if it goes down (9/16 sailing) might give it a shot. $7k cruise on Seabourn in November a bit of a budget buster for our 2017 cruise budget!

I've been wondering the same thing. On my upcoming cruise it's (from a spa suite, so already in the haven) 500/pp to upgrade to a family villa suite and 750/pp to OS or DOS. Just seems a bit expensive considering what I have already paid. Essentially all I'm getting there is a bigger room. Others on my cruise seemed to have the same opinion.

Interesting. Would you lose your spa privileges too, or would they honour that you paid for the access with your original reservation?

Interesting. Would you lose your spa privileges too, or would they honour that you paid for the access with your original reservation?

according to the bidding guidelines if you are in a spa balcony, mini suite or spa suite and you bid for the Haven anything whether is a penthouse suite or 2 bedroom and get it you would lose the spa privileges, you would have to buy the spa pass, but i would think once you go to the Haven the spa pass looks like an overkill..IMHO.

As a U.K. Traveler I am still confused by this bidding process as never seen anything like it before.

If I have say a balcony cabin with UBP and all gratuities included, would I lose the UBP etc if I bid and was accepted for a suite?

As if so it would not make economic sense to do so if I then had to buy UBP

As a U.K. Traveler I am still confused by this bidding process as never seen anything like it before.

If I have say a balcony cabin with UBP and all gratuities included, would I lose the UBP etc if I bid and was accepted for a suite?

As if so it would not make economic sense to do so if I then had to buy UBP

You keep whatever promos you originally received, so gratuities and UBP would still be included.

according to the bidding guidelines if you are in a spa balcony, mini suite or spa suite and you bid for the Haven anything whether is a penthouse suite or 2 bedroom and get it you would lose the spa privileges, you would have to buy the spa pass, but i would think once you go to the Haven the spa pass looks like an overkill..IMHO.

Correct, you would loose the thermal spa as you should unless you are in a Haven Spa Balcony.

Our bid was accepted at 35 days till sailing. I was surprised as most people don't get a confirmation until a few days before sailing. We went from a balcony to a 2 bedroom suite for a bid of $760.

Total for how many people, or 760 per person for how many people?

And congrats. Nice!

Maybe for some, but we enjoyed the spa so much last cruise, even being in the Haven. The spa is adults only, and sooooo relaxing. We have a Haven Spa suite for our next cruise, and are reluctant to bid. But if we do, will bid low since we will then have to buy the spa pass. For us the spa is a must do, even in the Haven.

Maybe for some, but we enjoyed the spa so much last cruise, even being in the Haven. The spa is adults only, and sooooo relaxing. We have a Haven Spa suite for our next cruise, and are reluctant to bid. But if we do, will bid low since we will then have to buy the spa pass. For us the spa is a must do, even in the Haven.

I totally agree! The thermal spa is wonderful, relaxing, and adults only. It will be great for the cooler climate of the Baltics. For the Caribbean, not so much. I did not use it much in the Caribbean because it was so hot outside, but my husband and brother used it a lot. They would use all the facilities, take a nap, and then shower for dinner in the thermal spa.

This is our first time on Norwegian and we chose not to participate in their Ebay style bidding process and we personally found it kind of humiliating. We didn't want to lose our good placed cabin for a cabin that could have been anywhere. We are not in the habit of bidding (begging) for an upgrade.

This is our first time on Norwegian and we chose not to participate in their Ebay style bidding process and we personally found it kind of humiliating. We didn't want to lose our good placed cabin for a cabin that could have been anywhere. We are not in the habit of bidding (begging) for an upgrade.

Yes, many folks either do not like the bidding process, or are very happy with the cabin they have. That's cool.

On a side not, the bidding is NOT like Ebay. On Ebay you at least can see what is being bid, and you know exactly what you getting. With NCL's program, you know the category, but not the location. And most important, you do not know how many others have placed a bid, or how much.

I think the NCL program is a good one and much better than the random upsell program from the past.

We are in a spa Haven suite with balcony on our next cruise on the Getaway.

Congrats, yes i know about the Spa Haven suite with Balcony but someone else said Haven Spa Balcony those are two different things, i don't think there is such a thing as a Haven Spa Balcony....:cool: