One-way Cunard air question

Sheltieluv

If anyone has flown one way back to jfk from London using Cunard air, could you please tell me what your airfare was? We would be interested in premium economy or higher. (Never again in economy--7 hours squished in like sardines with a broken seat and tray table. :() We won't actually be traveling until fall of 2018, but at least a ballpark figure would be appreciated. We are thinking it might actually be cheaper to take the qm2 from New York, travel for a couple of weeks, and then take the qm2 back to the states! Is that crazy? One way air seems awfully expensive to book on our own, so I'm curious to see what folks have paid utilizing Cunard air. Thanks so much:)!

I can tell you we just booked PHL > LHR for May 2018 for $285/pp in economy. Premium economy was roughly $800/pp and business was around $1,400/pp.

Now that's US to London but it's at least a snapshot for you.

Thanks so much for your reply sspunk.

I should add that i wouldn't even know about cunard air if it weren't for cruise critic. Wish I had known about this option before flying back from Ireland last year! It would be nice if cunard could put some more info on their website re airfare without having to call.

If anyone has flown one way back to jfk from London using Cunard air, could you please tell me what your airfare was? We would be interested in premium economy or higher. (Never again in economy--7 hours squished in like sardines with a broken seat and tray table. :() We won't actually be traveling until fall of 2018, but at least a ballpark figure would be appreciated. We are thinking it might actually be cheaper to take the qm2 from New York, travel for a couple of weeks, and then take the qm2 back to the states! Is that crazy? One way air seems awfully expensive to book on our own, so I'm curious to see what folks have paid utilizing Cunard air. Thanks so much:)!

This is what we have been doing, taking Queen Mary 2 to avoid the flight. We just boarded this afternoon Westbound. We fly business or first class when we have to fly, but if we can go by ship instead the ship wins. :)

My apologies for not being able to answer your original question.

Edited by SPacificbound
add

If anyone has flown one way back to jfk from London using Cunard air, could you please tell me what your airfare was? We would be interested in premium economy or higher. (Never again in economy--7 hours squished in like sardines with a broken seat and tray table. :() We won't actually be traveling until fall of 2018, but at least a ballpark figure would be appreciated. We are thinking it might actually be cheaper to take the qm2 from New York, travel for a couple of weeks, and then take the qm2 back to the states! Is that crazy? One way air seems awfully expensive to book on our own, so I'm curious to see what folks have paid utilizing Cunard air. Thanks so much:)

I booked one way Business class air using Cunard air. We arrive in Southampton but we are doing a river cruise Budapest to Amsterdam. The air AMS to JFK was $1050 per person.

Just a quick thank you to everyone who replied. I really appreciate your input.

I thought we would have to fly back from Heathrow, but now I understand that we could use Cunard air from Dublin! (I had it in my head that we would have to return via LHR for some reason...) It looks like using Cunard will be much cheaper than anything I could book on my own.

Another question---do we have to accept whatever flights we are assigned, or can we choose what we'd like? (subject to availability of course...)

Just a quick thank you to everyone who replied. I really appreciate your input.

I thought we would have to fly back from Heathrow, but now I understand that we could use Cunard air from Dublin! (I had it in my head that we would have to return via LHR for some reason...) It looks like using Cunard will be much cheaper than anything I could book on my own.

Another question---do we have to accept whatever flights we are assigned, or can we choose what we'd like? (subject to availability of course...)

You can choose. We have three airports and had 4-5 flight options out of each. I used my wonderful TA but should be the same through the line direct as my TA used their system.

DW and myself in order to avoid the god awful flights are sailing QM2 over, hooking up with the Pacific Princess for the eight day British Isles, and then spending three days in the UK and returning the NYC on the QM2 beats flying anyday!!

They also use American and BA, both of which now have a premium economy product.

Yup. I'm booked on AA.

One question - when dies Cunard ticket the airfare? Is it immediately after final payment?

Until then we can't select any aisle/window seats.

We are doing a westbound transatlantic crossing on 4th August.

The airfare included was economy.

We asked Cunard to upgrade us to Virgin Uppers and it was only a £450pp supplement. Evening flight from JFK to London Heathrow.

To book the flight independently would have been $1,000's of dollars more.

Cunard are flexible with what flights you can have and I have always found them much better value than trying to do it oneself.