Brilliance of the Seas Pier at Key West

attilamom1217

There are three piers in KW but they are all close to each other. I've only ever seen Royal dock at Pier B which is next to Mallory Square and a couple hundred feet from the north end of Duval. If you look at the "earth" view on Google Maps, the ship seen is at Pier B

The Southernmost Point is about a mile south of that location on Whitehead. The Hemingway house is on the same road but a couple blocks before the south end. The Key West lighthouse is basically across the street from the Hemingway house.

Whitehead and Duval run parallel with Duval being one block east of Whitehead. Assuming a 2ish mile walk is reasonable, you could walk down Whitehead, past the Hemingway house to the southernmost point, take a left, go east a block and then north up Duval back to your starting point.

This will be mine and DH's first time at Key West. Are there more than one pier? If so, where does Brilliance of the Seas dock? Is it walking distance to Duval Street? The Southern Point? Ernest Hemingway's museum?

thanks

Debbi

Brilliance will dock at the Outer Mole pier which is behind US Navy property. You will be ferried to Front ST where it is an easy walk up Whitehead St to http://www.hemingwayhome.com and the Southern Most Point. Duval St is just a block over.

Mike:)

Thanks for your response. Since I got different answers, not sure which will be the case. We can definitely do the walk if at the Outer Mole Pier. Might be able to do the walk at the other pier - but might need to 'cab' back to the ship.

Debbi

CT Sean is incorrect in that only two of the cruise ship piers are close to each other. The Westin Hotel and Mallory Square.

Like I said, the Outer Mole (where Brilliance will dock) is a distance away but you will be transported by tram/trolley to Front St which is perpendicular to the foot of Duval St.

You may check the city calendar yourself http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/documents/1419352335_79812.htm

Your walk to the attractions mentioned will be basically the same since you are ferried to an area near the other two piers.

The only reason to taxi back to the shuttle would be if you are unable to walk a mile and a quarter over flat terrain. Old Town Key West is very compact.

Thanks for your response. Since I got different answers, not sure which will be the case. We can definitely do the walk if at the Outer Mole Pier. Might be able to do the walk at the other pier - but might need to 'cab' back to the ship.

Debbi

You won't be able to cab back to your ship if it is docked at the Outer Mole Pier. You will have to go to the place where the shuttle left you off near the Ship Wreck Historeum and then take the free special shuttle back to the ship. The shuttles have permission to cross US Navy property. Other conveyances do not have such permission. You cannot walk it yourself either.

CT Sean is incorrect in that only two of the cruise ship piers are close to each other. The Westin Hotel and Mallory Square.

Like I said, the Outer Mole (where Brilliance will dock) is a distance away but you will be transported by tram/trolley to Front St which is perpendicular to the foot of Duval St.

You may check the city calendar yourself http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/documents/1419352335_79812.htm

Your walk to the attractions mentioned will be basically the same since you are ferried to an area near the other two piers.

The only reason to taxi back to the shuttle would be if you are unable to walk a mile and a quarter over flat terrain. Old Town Key West is very compact.

The three piers are still technically close to each other, but yes, Outer mole does of course have the "drawbacks" listed and one cannot simply walk to or from a ship there. I did not see that the specific Brilliance cruise date was in the OP's signature, so I do apologize for that - everything else I stated is correct

I realize it changes based on how many ships are in port, but when I was on Brilliance 11/22-27 and in Key West on 11/23, we docked right in front of the Westin, right by Mallory Square.

if you notice from Attilamom1217's signature that she is sailing Brilliance on January 31. Brilliance does not dock again at the Westin Hotel pier until April 26.

if you notice from Attilamom1217's signature that she is sailing Brilliance on January 31. Brilliance does not dock again at the Westin Hotel pier until April 26.

How does one find out the pier?

Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am not aware of a schedule that covers all ports, sorry.

I always just check with the local port authority to get a current calendar.

Some like Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale will have 10 ships or so each day and they are constantly being shuffled.

Thanks. My question is more general. For any port how can I find the pier the ship will dock at? Is there a specific website?

This site doesn't give specific dock info, but does list all the ships that'll be in port with you...

www.cruisett.com

But like Mike, I'm not aware of any one site that gives specific dock info for every port.

By the way, ordinarily, RCCL does get priority on Pier B (Westin), so I had to check the schedule to see what's up. I see Celebrity Constellation is on Pier B that day....so now it makes sense to me. Unfortunately, Mallory Square cannot dock large ships.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've only docked at Mallory Square and will be docking at Outer Mole in March. I assume it's pretty clear on where to catch the tram/trolley each way? How much time should you allow to get from the tram pick up back to the ship?

Yes it will be directly off the gangway when you arrive, no other transportation allowed since you will be on US Navy property. I think they usually pick up for return to the ship on Front St but they will tell you on your arrival. It is only a few hundred yards each direction.