Beach in Key West?

Stefanosthecruiselover

We will be in Key West on March 2, we'd like to go to the beach, but we are not sure how to get there and which one to go too. Thanks for your help :) also, do you think we will have nice weather at that time of the year?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Key West is really not known for its beaches........

But take a look under the Ports of Call section....under Key West and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

Enjoy Key West....it's a cool place!!!!

We will be in Key West on March 2, we'd like to go to the beach, but we are not sure how to get there and which one to go too. Thanks for your help :) also, do you think we will have nice weather at that time of the year?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Weather wise you should be all set. One of the best times to go. Usually High 60's at night and Low 80's during the day. Also the least rainy season.

Got to agreee with GTO-Girl (if you have a GTO I am jealous), not really a "beach" first port. But your best choices are probably Smathers (10 min ride straight across the key, or Taylor State Park (5 min ride south of the cruise terminal).

Now my disclaimer, we have been there on land vacations. I can't really tell you how much a cab would be. There are a lot of trolley and tram type transportation options.

You might want to check out the Key West forum in the ports section of this site.

We walked 3.8 miles when we were there, one of our best cruise memories to date ...

We got up at 6:30 to watch the ship pull in, and then went to the gym and ate breakfast, off the ship by 8:30. From there, we walked to the nearby shops, but then down to the beach (not attractive at all, packed and water was not too pretty) and the southernmost point, and then back up past the Hemingway house and "mile 0" sign.

back on by 1:30. Ship didn't leave until 4 but we are lunch and took a nap after waking up early and our hot walking day. loved our visit there.

Key West is a great "do it yourself" day, to walk or go to the beach or shop. you're going to have a good time.

sorry if I didn't answer the beach question, but I really enjoyed the times we had in Key West!

There is a state park beach just outside the city area.... about 7 or 8 dollars for the two of us back to the ship. I forget the name but try google or tripadvisor. Nice beach, and a very large area in the shade of palm trees... tables etc.

I agree, Key West is a fun place to explore the local bars, restaurants and souvenir shops. The beach at Zachary Taylor park is just ok at best, and will probably be crowded as there is at least 1 ship there. I recommend renting a scooter for the day and exploring the area. Then after returning the scooter head to the local bars including Sloppy Joes, pretty famous bar. The raw seafood and ky lime pie is really great also, but not so much the beach. If I remember correctly, the beach is man made and was originally put there for the military personnel stationed at key west.

Enjoy,

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Zachary Taylor is where we go in Key West. Just be aware the beach is mostly coral rubble and can be rough on the feet down near the water. but it's still a nice natural feeling area to walk around and snorkel out around the rock piles. Plus the fort is right nearby

Key West is a great "do it yourself" day, to walk or go to the beach or shop. you're going to have a good time.

Great description, so true. Stopping at Key West is a nice stop because it isn't easily accessible by car without driving quit sometime, and expensive to fly into and expensive to stay there.