Best Piano Player in Crooners on Princess?

buggystuff

Hands down the best I have heard in Crooners was Heather Sullivan. Excellent musician and vocalist.

It's hard to talk about the best without making reference to the worst....Bert Stratton.

Wow! That's the first I've heard that didn't like Bert. I personally have not heard him but seems many do like him

Reckon that's why there's different folks...

• 1 month later...

I stopped in a number of times, and to say the least, was not impressed at all.

While being somewhat personable, Eric Stone was less than entertaining.

I would put him at the "cocktail piano" player level on Carnival

Anyone else care to weigh in?

Crown Princess - Eric Stone Present til ?

Emerald Princess - Barrington (Barty) Brown - Present til ?

Ruby Princess - Bert Stratton - Present til ?

Star Princess - Sammy Goldstein http://www.sammygoldstein.com/- September 23, 2010 - January 9, 2011

Caribbean Princess - Martin Kaye ??

I stopped in a number of times, and to say the least, was not impressed at all.

While being somewhat personable, Eric Stone was less than entertaining.

I would put him at the "cocktail piano" player level on Carnival

Anyone else care to weigh in?

Emerald Princess - Barrington (Barty) Brown - Present til ?

Star Princess - Sammy Goldstein http://www.sammygoldstein.com/- September 23, 2010 - January 9, 2011

Buggystuff, you have it wrong here. On the Emerald is Arny Galoyo, present until March 7. and then again April 17 - July 17.

Roger Carr!!!! I never saw him personally, but my parents did and bought his CD, which is how I learned to love him! A few years ago I was in Laguna Beach for a wedding and it just so happened that he was performing at the very same hotel where the reception was. Of course the reception was a Friday night, I took an early Sat morning flight and he was performing Saturday night! It just seems like I will never see him in person! Wonder if he'll ever come back to Princess?!

He's on the Diamond right now.

My personal favorite, Arny Galoyo, is currently on the Emerald and will be there until March 7, 2011. Then he comes back on the Emerald from April 17 - July 17 and then goes on the Grand from August 20 - end of the year.

Arny sings in 6 or 7 languages, engages the audience through "name that tune" and sing-a-longs,, does all requests (so every night is different depending on what people request) and is one of the nicest, most fun, personable people I know. My husband and I have cruised 6 times with Arny over the past two years and have 4 cruises set in 2011 to cruise with him. He is not only a great entertainer and a wonderful person, but has become a very good friend of ours. We only cruise if we know that Arny is on-board in Crooners.

Another vote for Arny G.

Our vote is for Sammy Goldstein who we believe is the best entertainer at sea. We met Sammy on our first Princess cruise, we were heading to Alaska. We have sailed with him since and look at his schedule on sammygoldstein.com before booking our cruises to try to match up our sailings. Although he is appears at sea about 8-9 months a year we have been lucky enough to see him also appear on land. We have no problem jumping on a plane to go see him in the U.S. because we think he is that good. Sammy is great at interacting with the crowd and remembering folks names and making them feel very special not only while at show but thoughout the cruise. He has a large following on facebook as well. If you are on a ship that Sammy is aboard please take time to stop by and enjoy his wonderful talent.

According to his website he is aboard the Diamond from January 27- April 20, 2011.

Buggystuff, you have it wrong here. On the Emerald is Arny Galoyo, present until March 7. and then again April 17 - July 17.

I think, in that break March 7 - April 17 is Barty.

And, if I remember correctly, he's then doing the TA on the Ruby.

...so that he could end up in England for some charity work.

I will miss seeing Barty on the Emerald. We were with him in October. The March-April timing is just a terrible time at work for me to be away. While he may not be the best to many, he is certainly personable and gives a good, intimate Broadway based show that commands a loyal audience.

Lynne

The piano bar with an entertaining, get-the-audience-all-jacked-up piano player has always been one of the highlights of our cruises :D That said, anyone know who is entertaining us on the Caribbean Princess for our March 20th cruise?

We've had great ones...and we've had duds! :mad:

Our vote is for Sammy Goldstein who we believe is the best entertainer at sea. We met Sammy on our first Princess cruise, we were heading to Alaska. We have sailed with him since and look at his schedule on sammygoldstein.com before booking our cruises to try to match up our sailings. Although he is appears at sea about 8-9 months a year we have been lucky enough to see him also appear on land. We have no problem jumping on a plane to go see him in the U.S. because we think he is that good. Sammy is great at interacting with the crowd and remembering folks names and making them feel very special not only while at show but thoughout the cruise. He has a large following on facebook as well. If you are on a ship that Sammy is aboard please take time to stop by and enjoy his wonderful talent.

According to his website he is aboard the Diamond from January 27- April 20, 2011.

Imola, I love Sammy. My last cruise with him, 2009 TA, he kept teasing me about my red slippers. I had knee surgery so wearing heels into the evening wasn't working. I'd go to his show with my little fuzzy red slippers and every night he'd say he was going to steal them. At one of our port stops I found a pair of red slippers, lobster shaped :p and got them for him. He wore them the rest of the night, even the claws couldn't stop him!

Emerald Princess - Arny Galoyo til March 7. April 17- July 17

Diamon Princess - Sammy Goldstein - Jan 27 to April 20, 2011

Coral Princess - Maurizo present til ?

Ok, the small print.

I'm simply doing my best to publish this *unofficial* list

Will rely on cruisers and entertainers to keep it updated and accurate

Please inform me if you know an entertainers schedule

Imola, I love Sammy. My last cruise with him, 2009 TA, he kept teasing me about my red slippers. I had knee surgery so wearing heels into the evening wasn't working. I'd go to his show with my little fuzzy red slippers and every night he'd say he was going to steal them. At one of our port stops I found a pair of red slippers, lobster shaped :p and got them for him. He wore them the rest of the night, even the claws couldn't stop him!

That's our Sammy, he loves to have fun and the next time you sail with him even if it is 2-3 years he will remember your name. When we did our round trip Hawaii cruise with him he would get a lei in port and them at his show each night he would "lei" someone. We got him one night. We had brought glow sticks and battery operated tea lights on board with us. During one of his breaks we handed them out to his by then regular huge crowd and had someone request a special song (which of course escapes me now). We all knew that at one point in the song he would close his eyes and get into the music and at the point the glow sticks and candles came out and in the air. We stopped him dead in his tracks, he was in tears laughing so hard. It was great, even the bar staff loved it. Actually he was really touched that his fans cared enough.

Sammy is a great guy. We have all his albums and play them at home and in the car. We hope to see him again soon. We love surprising him either on land or sea.

Thanks for sharing your story and making me smile on a cold and rainy day.

Does Princess post a schedule of entertainers scheduled on ships?

Thanks - :)Mary

Not that I have ever seen. And, actually, a couple years ago I wrote to the entertainment office at Princess headquarters to ask about a schedule for a particular entertainer and was told that they couldn't give it to me. Not sure if it was because they didn't have it yet (I asked in the fall about the following year) or if they did not want to give it to me, in case it changed.

The "unofficial list" says that Sammy left the Star in January. Does anyone know who's on the Star now? We'll be on board for a month as of February 23rd.

Our son is a musician for Princess, but he's not joining the Star until around Labor Day. But if he calls in (he's on the Sea Princess now), I'll ask him if he knows. I wish I could help more. The entertainers, at least in music (although I suspect all of them) kind of keep track of each other. There's a lot of chatter on Facebook. I'm sure lots of entertainers would love to know how much they're appreciated.

Martin Kaye was the performer in Crooners for our Caribbean Princess cruise Nov. 14-21. He was fabulous, but unfortunately, has gone to find his fortune elsewhere. (In the recording industry, probably) He is British, and just became engaged, which may have been the reason to get off the ship.

Everyone has their own "favorite" but mine is Martin Kaye. We met him a couple of years ago on Vision of the Seas. We were there every night and became good friends with him. We booked another cruise about a year later on the Sapphire Princess, just because he was there. And we just got back from the Caribbean Princess on 11/7/10 and chose it just because Martin was there. He has become an incredible friend to my husband and I, and if he ever gets back on another ship, we will be there to see him. So my FAVORITE piano man is Martin Kaye.

I am Martin's personal stalker! :)

I enjoyed Martin very much on our June 23 Crown Princess British Isles cruise. His girlfriend (now fiance) was on that cruise, and he left the Crown when our cruise ended.