Best Piano Player in Crooners on Princess?

buggystuff

Daniel Oliver.... 100%

The only piano player I've ever listened to night after night.

Hell, I'm still imagining him singing in my mind at night...

anyone who might have his facebook information please share it with me! (he does not have a website, but there are hundreds of Daniel Oliver's on facebook)

Does Princess post a schedule of entertainers scheduled on ships?

Thanks - :)Mary

No, that's why we are trying to keep an updated list here, but rely on cruisers and performers as to whom is on what ship, when, how long, etc

So, please, if you have returned from a cruise, tell us !!

No, that's why we are trying to keep an updated list here, but rely on cruisers and performers as to whom is on what ship, when, how long, etc

So, please, if you have returned from a cruise, tell us !!

Buggystuff,

I can tell you that besides being on the Emerald now and in April - July, Arny Galoyo is scheduled to be on the Grand from Sept. 20 to the end of the year.

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed Bert Stratton on 2 previous cruises.

Cruise in Oct. 2010 had "Barty" Brown. If you were 70+ and British, you'd love him. I'm not & could not stand him. Only had 1 martini in Crooner's as a result.

I'm waiting to hear from Princess entertainment who will be the entertainers for the 10/19/11 Emerald Princess cruise & will post here & on the roll call.

Brett Cave was fantastic - we had him on a mediterranean cruise a few years back. Crooners was overflowing most nights. Great variety, some classics, some new (even some Coldplay). Very talented guy.

I did hear Bert Stratton on the Ruby last week. Caught "Sweet Caroline" 3x just walking through the piazza, and the one night we decided to stay a few minutes he played a montage of John Denver songs. Ugh... we're not all 60+. He's much more of a showman than a vocal talent.

So it wasn't just our cruise then. I swear, on the Ruby cruise I took a few weeks ago it seemed like we heard "Sweet Caroline" about half a zillion different times, including twice in the karaoke with the band session. Had the song stuck in my head for a week after I got off the ship :p

We just left the Royal in Tahiti and Roger Carr was the piano player. We had a lot of fun with him as he interacts well with the audience. However, he does play some really old tunes (we are in our early 50's) and his repetoire was the same every night. His show was very predictable after the 3rd night.

I loved Maurizio, he was on the Coral this winter. Bert was also great but very different. Bert is more sing along and Maurizio more for dancing, some singing and lots of good listening. Both a great.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom Franek is wonderful! He was on our Island cruise two years ago, and we're looking out for chance to be on a cruise with him again. He posts his schedule at http://www.tomfranek.com/

We just got back from the Diamond, where they had someone called Craig something, I think. Good pianist and singer, but not what I'd call an entertainer; more like background music at Crooners, whereas Tom really puts on a show.

Mind you, Noelia, the bartender at Crooners, had a hell of an act...

I can't see anyone topping the talents of Ray Coussins.

He has a God-given talent, and, he's very personable.

We were so honored to have spent time with him via Crooners at night and The Sanctuary by day aboard Crown Princess.

We are booking our next cruise solely based on whatever ship he is on.

I have seen Bert Stratton on two cruises and he had filled the lounge and had standing room only on both cruises.

Thts Bert with an E. So good, so good, so good.

We had Mauricio on our far east cruise and he packed them in - but not as much as Sammy Goldstein on the Star in Jan 2009. We have just returned from the Goldens Hawaii roundtrip and the piano bar was probably the quietest - the player was not too hot - Katy someone - only listened once and did not enjoy it at all.

On all our previous cruises the piano bar (crooners or promenade) was always packed with people even standing on the 'landing' and around the lifts just to listen

Sammy Goldstein was the best!! We had him on the Diamond on a cruise from ANC to BKK. Does anyone know if he still works for Princess??

• 1 month later...
Sammy Goldstein was the best!! We had him on the Diamond on a cruise from ANC to BKK. Does anyone know if he still works for Princess??

Yes, Sammy absolutely does still work for Princess. He is on his own vacation right now but will be returning to work on July 9th aboard the Sea Princess to do Alaska for a short time before she starts a more exotic run. I have included a link to his website where he keeps his schedule so that you can see what ships he will be on in case you want to crusie with him again. We have taken trips to see him perform on both land and sea. He did a concert in AL while on this break so we we drove 500 miles each way to see him. He is a wonderful entertainer and person. Don't miss a chance to see him perform.

http://www.sammygoldstein.com/

• 7 months later...

We were on the Grand Princess January 17 - 31st, 2011. We totally enjoyed the evenings spent listening to Tommy Mcphee in the piano bar. He can sing almost anything but unfortunately he likes the volume up too high. We listened from a distance and totally enjoyed it that way. He can get everyone moving, it is hard to sit still and listen to his music.

• 2 months later...
From a brit's perspective.....Paul Burton

Here's another strong vote for Paul Burton (and we're not British). Paul was on the Star with us in October 2011 and we thought he was terrific. Once we discovered him, my wife and I spent time in Crooner's every night.

I would cancel my cruise if I heard Bert Stratton was playing in Crooners....

ooooo... I hope you have your flame-retardant suit on. :p I've not seen him, but there a lot of folks here who absolutely adore him.