First person in Westerdam NL today please report

frankc98376

The sideboard is empty. Service has been dismal so far as it was in 2011. Hoping it's just first day problems. Tried to get on to the internet before with no luck . Service was so awesome on the Eurodam in oct. I was hoping for the best.

The sideboard is empty. Service has been dismal so far as it was in 2011. Hoping it's just first day problems. Tried to get on to the internet before with no luck . Service was so awesome on the Eurodam in oct. I was hoping for the best.

So sorry to hear this. Service was so good just 3 weeks ago. I hope it is as you say and just getting back in swing after the dry dock. Who are your concierges?

So sorry to hear this. Service was so good just 3 weeks ago. I hope it is as you say and just getting back in swing after the dry dock. Who are your concierges?

I can't recall them saying their names but I might just be having a seniors moment.

One thing that was awesome tonight was the wine steward. He was stellar!

The internet usually isn't bad but it has not been good. Having one heck of a time getting or keeping a connection.

I can't recall them saying their names but I might just be having a seniors moment.

One thing that was awesome tonight was the wine steward. He was stellar!

The internet usually isn't bad but it has not been good. Having one heck of a time getting or keeping a connection.

Did Westerdam get the 'new and improved' internet yet?

Really sorry to hear they still have not managed to return the usual snacks and pastries etc to the Neptune Sideboard. I cannot figure out what is up with them withholding it on Westerdam but the other ships still have it all.

The internet ("Old system") was awful on our cruise on the Westerdam 3 weeks ago, The satellite "lost" the ship for 3 days! We did get a refund of a good portion of the internet package we purchased, but I would have rather had use of the internet.

Did Westerdam get the 'new and improved' internet yet?

Really sorry to hear they still have not managed to return the usual snacks and pastries etc to the Neptune Sideboard. I cannot figure out what is up with them withholding it on Westerdam but the other ships still have it all.

I think they put the wiring in for it but I don't think it's in force. So far the internet is not too bad today.

I doubt that they will ever have food on the sideboard. For those that

Ike that I'd be irritated. You pay good money for it. Why not make it like the other Neptunes.

I think they put the wiring in for it but I don't think it's in force. So far the internet is not too bad today.

I doubt that they will ever have food on the sideboard. For those that

Ike that I'd be irritated. You pay good money for it. Why not make it like the other Neptunes.

Are you using ship's internet for this? If so, if you are using an "iCafe" logon screen rather than the "MTN" logon screen and there is no Internet Manager any longer, you are on the new internet system from Harris.

On Maasdam for the 14 day Southern Caribbean 28 Mar - 11 Apr, we used the "iCafe" logon screen (still use "logout.com" but the resulting page is different) and did not have an Internet Manager. The Librarian in the Explorations Cafe was the "go to" for internet questions. There was a big "OOPS" when the "On Location" guide for embarkation day published the standard bonus minutes for signing up for a package on the first day (it was actually published the first full day). As the accounting system has changed, they had to give those of us who pointed it out a 10% refund of the package cost rather than bonus minutes. There are many new Cisco wireless access points throughout the ship (the old cones still exist too, but I expect are dead now) and I found that wireless signal strength was improved overall and I perceived that throughput was often no better than the old MTN system, but did impress me a few times.

Is service any better today? Hate to hear that service is bad...

Are you using ship's internet for this? If so, if you are using an "iCafe" logon screen rather than the "MTN" logon screen and there is no Internet Manager any longer, you are on the new internet system from Harris.

On Maasdam for the 14 day Southern Caribbean 28 Mar - 11 Apr, we used the "iCafe" logon screen (still use "logout.com" but the resulting page is different) and did not have an Internet Manager. The Librarian in the Explorations Cafe was the "go to" for internet questions. There was a big "OOPS" when the "On Location" guide for embarkation day published the standard bonus minutes for signing up for a package on the first day (it was actually published the first full day). As the accounting system has changed, they had to give those of us who pointed it out a 10% refund of the package cost rather than bonus minutes. There are many new Cisco wireless access points throughout the ship (the old cones still exist too, but I expect are dead now) and I found that wireless signal strength was improved overall and I perceived that throughput was often no better than the old MTN system, but did impress me a few times.

Still using mtn

MDR service is still dismal. Folks that I sat with agreed. Said their service was way better last night. Wine service has been stellar which is unusual for me. Cabin stewards much better today. We gain an hour tonight. Love that :)

MDR service is still dismal. Folks that I sat with agreed. Said their service was way better last night. Wine service has been stellar which is unusual for me. Cabin stewards much better today. We gain an hour tonight. Love that :)

thanks for the updates. any apparent changes since drydock?

Someone should get a picture of the empty sideboard and send it to the CEO of Carnival with a note saying "Here is the Neptune Lounge when you aren't on board- hope you enjoyed it fully stocked while you were on board"

Someone should get a picture of the empty sideboard and send it to the CEO of Carnival with a note saying "Here is the Neptune Lounge when you aren't on board- hope you enjoyed it fully stocked while you were on board"

Excellent idea - not that I'll ever make it to the Neptune lounge, but sometimes people only see what they want to and CEO wants to believe it is being done right.

I'd be happy to do a little NL sneak-in and take pictures in July

Too funny. The food has made it out of the back but they have someone standing behind velvet ropes serving you what you want. Ridiculous IMO.

They finally have some towels out in the gym. I went and worked out for an hour on Wednesday and no towels. Not fun.

Where is that spray can cheese :D?

Where is that spray can cheese :D?

Here what you need to do:

1. Walk up to the guy who is on the starboard velvet rope. (It's important. Do not try this with the port side bouncer. He will eject you from the ship.)
  2. Discreetly get the bouncer's attention.
  3. Whisper - as if speaking to no one in particular - "Colby, Swiss and Cheddar, Blended all togedder..."
  4. You will now be admitted into the spray cheese inner sanctum.
  5. Do not - under any circumstances - shoot cheese showers down onto the people who couldn't make it past the ropes. It's considered déclassé and you will probably never make it into the spray cheese inner circle.
  6. Casually mention Stein Kruse's love of pickles. This should get you the coveted "gherkins from around the world" tray.
  7. Most of all, have fun!
  8. I am totally making this up.

Here what you need to do:

1. Walk up to the guy who is on the starboard velvet rope. (It's important. Do not try this with the port side bouncer. He will eject you from the ship.)
  2. Discreetly get the bouncer's attention.
  3. Whisper - as if speaking to no one in particular - "Colby, Swiss and Cheddar, Blended all togedder..."
  4. You will now be admitted into the spray cheese inner sanctum.
  5. Do not - under any circumstances - shoot cheese showers down onto the people who couldn't make it past the ropes. It's considered déclassé and you will probably never make it into the spray cheese inner circle.
  6. Casually mention Stein Kruse's love of pickles. This should get you the coveted "gherkins from around the world" tray.
  7. Most of all, have fun!
  8. I am totally making this up.

Behave :D