What would you consider a good price for Transatlantic?

failteromhat

Cunard currently have Balcony cabins for US$1400 to $1500 per person, which seems like a good price to me. It is way less than business class air, and you are getting a great bed, excellent food and drink and entertainment included for the price.

For the last 3 years I have seen prices varying between £499 to £799 for a sheltered balcony,for Oct and Nov on the Cunard website, this included flight back to London. This price was offered a few weeks before the cruise date, however usually a few hundred more than that earlier on. The October TAs seem to be more expensive than Nov. I think they are excellent value compared to spring/summer TAs.

Southampton to New York, 7 nights on Qm 2, in Autumn (Oct /Nov) on a balcony?

I've gotten quotes of $400-$1500+ depending on "bargain" pricing that Cunard sends me. I haven't seen $400 in quite a while, but about $800 quote I got last year.

I'd be happy with 800. I was rthinking I might have seen it at that some years ago, well before I even contemplated a cruise ( I think I just wanted to see the cost for reference )

I wonder if I should wait.

1200 Inc airfare isn't bad. . but 800 Inc airfare would be better! :D

Be very wary of these "wonderful prices". After many years of "...does not apply to singles" spams- from my World Club number they know I've never booked a double- I finally got a "Single Occupancy" special on the QE TA which worked out to a total of less than $200/day. When my agent tried to book, she was told that's each of two. Umm, no. I don't know what was said but they ended up honouring the Single rate.

When dealing with Cunard marketing, buyer beware. Will they actually sell you a cabin at the quoted rate?

Edited by Dancer Bob