Does early booking get the best pricing with W-S?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Windstar Cruises
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:44 AM.
Atlanta, GA
2,040 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
It appears W-S Fall 2018 itineraries coming in a couple months. Celebrity announces that the earliest prices are the lowest and we usually book over 1 year out for best price and selection, then watch for sales on upgrades.

Does W-S generally offer the lowest prices on earliest bookings? I've read that their policy will adjust for reduced prices later (e.g. maybe OBC for difference).

Any other booking strategies on W-S to get the best bang for the buck? We booked our first W-S trip in Dec. on a '7 for 7' special price and it has never been lower since then.
Thanks
so cal
74 Posts
Joined May 2015
I booked our November trip in January of this year. I received a discount on the fare because I had sailed before. This was in addition to the Yacht Club discount. We also had the option to choose a free perk. I opted for the free unlimited wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
California
92 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
We booked our cabin on Windstar more than a year before our sailing date (11/16/17). There was recently an advertised "sale" from Windstar and it was $500 per person higher than our price. And the pick of cabins was more limited and airfares to our departure port of Tahiti had not gone down at all. For us, booking early appears to be paying off so far.
so cal
74 Posts
Joined May 2015
I had a similar experience. As I mentioned, I booked in January for a November Caribbean sailing. The same cruise was shown "on sale" for$200 more than the list price at the time of my booking. All that was offered was $100 of shipboard credit. Significantly less generous than the name your perk and the other benefits from having previously sailed with Windstar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Orleans MA
629 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
I reserve when the cruises come out. I get the 5% discount for being an alumni, I reserve with a specific credit card and get very good ship board credit. Then I watch the prices and do the math. I reserve early for Europe so we can fly business with miles and because we have no status we have to do this very early. I have never felt I was ripped off, paid too much it always works. I know when to reserve from the NE to get the best prices to the Caribbean so we have to balance that as well. Happy Sailing
Orlando, FL
48 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
I agree with previous posters, I booked early for my November cruise. All of the "sales" so far are all higher than my fare and that includes any perks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature