Change to Concierge for $100 pp?

kasil

For $200 more...definitely worth it for me. These are the amenities I like and will pay a little extra for:

Pillow menu -- #1 reason for me

Expanded room service menu

Priority boarding

Priority dining reservations

Upgraded towels and robes for your use

The footstools on the balcony

Fresh flowers in your room -- not the most important amenity but still nice

Now, AQ is so worth it because of all these as well as Blu, Persian Gardens and the observation relaxation lounge!! Oh, and those smoothies...yummo!

No flowers in the room on the Constellation; guest services said they 'stopped doing that' even though it was listed on the room sheet.

As for priority dining services, we had issues our entire trip. We were a party of 4 and they constantly tried to situs at a larger table despite our request for a proper size so we didn't have to shout across.

Robes were okay but rather stiff as someone else pointed out.

Footstools?

On the plus side, the room was a bit larger and our location near the aft glass elevators couldn't be beat. Also, we could get fresh orange juice in the morning (which went nice with the complementary bottle of champagne). The canapés were listless, but the fruit tray was constantly replenished.

The best reason was breezing on the ship through priority boarding.

To the OP, perhaps if you post the perks you feel are most important to you we can provide an analysis of this.

I fall on the side of unless you want extra CC points, save money and book veranda or spend a bit more and go Aqua..

For the $200 you'd save, you can dine 2 nights with 2 people in specialty dining.

The cabin itself is nothing different if on S class, if on M class, yes it is, but it's only 2 feet longer, the same width, as other cabins, not really noticeable.

I find most of the perks padding to provide "perceived value". Priority boarding, rarely is there a line to get on the ships., At embarkation, yo get special check in counter, but after that you all funnel to the same security check and gangplank so the perk is rely lost.

Priority dining, I've been in suites and been told they were full and I had to book another night, so this is also hit and miss.

As others have said, Pillow Menu, anyone can ask their steward for a different pillow. Many report not even being able to locate the menu, and when asking the stewards about it, they have no idea one even exists, I've head this even in suites.

Prices for guarantee rooms on my cruise are very low now. If I upgraded to Veranda guarantee, does anyone know if the 123go offers are good on guarantee cabins? Celebrity does not specifically exclude them in the fine print.

We just booked a CC guarantee and received the 123go offer.

The guarantee cabin was only $50 pp extra, after figuring in an extra $100 in OBC, so we went ahead with it. We've had CC cabins before and the amenities aren't that big a deal for us, so I wouldn't book one unless the price was really good.

It will be nice to get extra points, though, as it will move us to the next level.

The benefit we enjoyed most was fresh-squeezed OJ and smoothies on the breakfast room service menu.

C2 on Deck 12 under the Oceanview Cafe can be noisy and the overhang keeps the sun away from you balcony.

We just returned from an Infinity cruise to the British Isles. We had a C2 cabin that was under the Oceanview Cafe and were awakened at night by banging and scraping noises. We got up in the morning exhausted.

The fresh-squeezed OJ from the room service breakfast menu wasn't fresh-squeezed. It tasted metallic, straight from a can.

My husband and I are booked on Equinox in March for 10 nights. We currently have a veranda cabin on deck 7. For $100 pp, we can change to a concierge guarantee. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. We'll have 5 days in port and it's a working vacation for me, so a lot of my time on sea days is spoken for. Are there many concierge cabins that are "less desirable"? Some of the perks that we'd gain are nice, especially since it's only $10 a day pp, but we'll have a great time with or without them. Is it worth the price and the risk of not choosing your location? Thanks for your opinions.

I would never book guarantee cabin no matter what it is.

I would never book guarantee cabin no matter what it is.

Perhaps we're not picky as to cabin location, but we've booked quite a few guarantee cabins and have never (knock wood) had a 'bad' cabin. Usually we get a few categories upgrade, only once upgraded to a different level (balcony to minisuite).

I suppose sometime we will get a less than ideal cabin, but we've saved thousands of dollars, literally, with our guarantees. You do have to be flexible as to location, but often once you know your cabin # you can change to any other available cabin in the same category.

If there's not much difference between a regular cabin and a guarantee, we just go ahead and book a particular cabin

Hoping for a nice cabin on our current Concierge guarantee on the Eclipse!

We love Concierge. We love the cabin locations, and we love the added perks over a standard balcony cabin.

What are they worth? Well that is a Question only you can answer.

For us if comparing midship cabins, then I would say the max I'd pay would be somewhere in the $ 100 to $ 200 range (overall for the whole cabin, not each)

I come to this number based on the fact that for us the physical extras we use, or we'd probably want pay extra for anyhow (via a Bon Voyage Pkg that sells for more than $ 100 US)

If I was looking at a cabin with an oversized balcony, such as the C2s Midship on the S-Class or the C1s Sunset Afts on the M-class Ships then perhaps I'd have no qualms paying more than even that $ 200 (infact these are the ones we now seek out for our cruises as they mean so much to us)

Same logic I used recently to book an A1 Cabin on an M-Class Ship... What was I willing to pay for the REAL amenities (in this case Blu) and location.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

We paid $100 pp extra for the CC guarantee. However, it came with an additional $100 OBC (total of $425, plus free grats), so the net cost was $50pp.

We had CC before, quite some time ago and didn't really notice the perks that much, but this time around I think we will enjoy them more.

[quote name=Nebr.cruiser;438

I suppose sometime we will get a less than ideal cabin' date=' but we've saved thousands of dollars, literally, with our guarantees. You do have to be flexible as to location, but often once you know your cabin # you can change to any other available cabin in the same category.

[/quote]

Does anyone know if its possible for german bookers too?? Can we also ask to change our guarantee cabin in the same category?

Sorry for my english, the school lessons are many many years ago...

Greetings from Germany

Does anyone know if its possible for german bookers too?? Can we also ask to change our guarantee cabin in the same category?

Sorry for my english, the school lessons are many many years ago...

Greetings from Germany

I think your English is great--wish I knew German--last name; Werner! Maiden name: Hauswirth! I am about half German, half various other countries.

Unfortunately I don't know how it works outside of the US. We've never had to actually change a guarantee cabin because we've never gotten a bad one, but I have heard that you can, and was offered a different cabin once when I called, but we decided to keep the Lido deck we got with a guarantee.

I'd do it for $100pp. There are really only 2 things that make it special to us and that is the footstool and expanded breakfast menu. Everything else is just kind of nice but I wouldn't pay extra for it. OK, 3, location was nice but I didn't get a guarantee. We are Elite level and have the beverage packages so some of the items that used to be worthwhile don't really matter to us anymore.

We spend a lot of time on the balcony. I can spend most of a sea day sitting there, reading, listening to tunes or just watching the water so the footstool is well used. You won't catch us at trivia or most of the events during the day. We don't cruise for activities, but really to relax during the day other than using the gym. Evenings and ports are a different story.

Expanded breakfast menu is nice but at least the regular cabins get hot food. We get room service breakfast everyday so it is worth something to us.

So, for us, based on what we want out of a cruise, it is worth it. Only you can make the decision if it is worth it to you.

enjoy

My husband and I are booked on Equinox in March for 10 nights. We currently have a veranda cabin on deck 7. For $100 pp, we can change to a concierge guarantee. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. We'll have 5 days in port and it's a working vacation for me, so a lot of my time on sea days is spoken for. Are there many concierge cabins that are "less desirable"? Some of the perks that we'd gain are nice, especially since it's only $10 a day pp, but we'll have a great time with or without them. Is it worth the price and the risk of not choosing your location? Thanks for your opinions.

If you were on a B2B, in the same cabin & they wanted your's for one of the cruises, I would not do it. If your not on a B2B, yes I would do it.

I love the C2 cabins on the Sky Deck by the aft elevators. and on the hump. Great location. We have had these numerous times due to booking onboard and getting the upgrade, along with everything else. I have only had one guarantee and the cabin squeaked the entire time it was in the Atlantic. It was an aft cabin and C2.