Nachi Cocum or Mr Sanchos

cocacola86

Can you book either through Carnival website, how far from the pier where Carnival docks? Which one is better for food, drinks and prices and your experience in which one you liked and do you know the one that is run by former American ex pats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can only speak for Mr. Sanchos. We did the all inclusive package two years ago and had a blast.

Taxi drive was $16 each way. It is several miles from the Cruise Ship. The all inclusive includes food, drinks, chairs, umbrellas, pool, etc.

It was perfect for our family, but not quiet at all. If you are looking for quiet, Nachi may be your best bet.

Catrin

We've been to Nachi twice. The first time, in April 2014, was amazing. Beautiful beach, good food, great pool. Went back in October 2015, there was so much rotting seaweed on the beach, that not only could we not get in the water, we were gagging from the smell. I did a review and got flamed so bad here on CC that I'm reluctant to share this, but just be aware. Guess it depends on the time of year you go.

We've been to Nachi twice. The first time, in April 2014, was amazing. Beautiful beach, good food, great pool. Went back in October 2015, there was so much rotting seaweed on the beach, that not only could we not get in the water, we were gagging from the smell. I did a review and got flamed so bad here on CC that I'm reluctant to share this, but just be aware. Guess it depends on the time of year you go.

You got flamed for sharing a less than stellar opinion about Nachi? Are you serious? How sad. I hate that people are so rude to people who are simply sharing their experiences.

Anyway, I love Mr Sanchos! I chose it over Nachi because its more lively and its truly all inclusive while Nachi has a menu you choose from and I can't remember exactly what it is but your choices for food are limited. Like you can only order one or two entrees or something like that. Mr. Sanchos was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was top notch. I recommend it.

I have been to both and prefer Mr Sancho's. The food is better and so are the drinks. Don't get me wrong, as I enjoyed Nachi also, but preferred both the beach and service at Mr Sancho's.

dI can't believe you got flamed. That's terrible and that type of response to people's honest opinion is something that keeps me from posting more on here.

That being said, I LOVE Mr. Sancho's and will be going there for the SIXTH time in June;) I tried Nachi back in 2011 but I found it a bit boring. It was nice, don't get me wrong. My husband a teens were not fans of the food. It was very quiet and serene. The beach wasn't as clean as I expected it would be. The bathroom had little bugs everywhere. I chalked it up to being in a tropical climate, but once I tried Mr. Sancho's the following year, there was NO going back! I love the TRUE all inclusive food and drinks at Sancho's. The beach is fantastic, the waiters are wonderful!! The food is great, and they have some self serve options, as well as menu items. The fish tacos, coconut shrimp, and ceviche are some of my faves. The drinks are STRONG. I'm not a lightweight when it comes to alcohol and definitely feel like I gets my money's worth. I always reserve online in advance. Whatever you choose, enjoy!!

I wasn't that impressed with Mr. Sanchos, but I didn't read the fine print either, so it's partly my fault.

Beach was OK, but when I went, no chairs or umbrellas were out, only a few tables up by the bathrooms. Food was ok, nothing special, but not bad either.

Keep in mind the water toys are not included and an extra charge, even for the all inclusive.

My favorite part was the bar in the pool, but the people who were there first got all the stools, and never moved once.

We loved Nachi! Easy going peaceful day, good food and drinks, nice pool, loungers in the shade, close to port, reasonable price and it's beautiful! I'm sure you really can't go wrong with either Nachi or Mr. Sanchos!

As far as I know, Carnival does not book anything to either of those beach clubs. So you would need to do it on your own, but that's a good thing. It's almost always cheaper doing something on your own, and there's really no risk of missing the ship going to any of the beach clubs on Cozumel. Cabs are in abundance and always waiting to take people back to the ship.

Between the 2, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want peace & quiet, go with Nachi Cocum. If you want a more lively atmosphere, go with Mr Sanchos. I love Paradise Beach for the lively atmosphere & the water toys. Mr Sanchos & Paradise Beach are very similar, so I would choose either of those over Nachi for myself.

Sometimes, there can be seaweed on the beach & in the water in Cozumel. Typically speaking, if one beach club has it, they all do, because the beach clubs are all lined up one right after the other on the west side of the island. If one is clean, they probably all are. You just got to hope for the best on the day you're there.

We prefer peace& quiet but my DW would want to make sure it's safe, easy to get back to the ship and were not big drinkers, more of Pop people but a drink here and there. How is the food, I mean is it cooked properly and not going to get sick.

Can you book either through Carnival website, how far from the pier where Carnival docks? Which one is better for food, drinks and prices and your experience in which one you liked and do you know the one that is run by former American ex pats.

Use the search function on this board - dozens of threads comparing both places.

You cannot book through Carnival or any other cruise line - book them on your own.

Both are about a 15 minute cab ride from any of the 3 piers on Coz. Taxi for up to 4 passengers should be about $17 each way

I believe Paradise Beach was run by an American ex-pat; not sure if that is current.

When it is the wife and I we prefer Nachi; when my 20 something daughters are with us I am out-voted and we go to Sanchos.

We love Nachi Cocom. We go there almost every time now. They only allow 100 people in there max, the food is great, the drinks are good, they have a pool, and the beach is perfect to us. We rent the jet skis there for some fun but mostly go there to relax. Looking forward to being back there in Sept. A couple pictures below.

11148559_1422341531419516_8810997401113783343_o.jpg.62d7b5cb0b17ae12b9ee726707ffa419.jpg

11880689_1484645451855790_4017329287778231431_n.jpg.d88ebe2edffa394e9f93b66b5e3a6475.jpg

Edited by BrotherCraig

Unfortunately when you were there all of the beaches were experiencing the same thing. When one beach on Coz has the issue they all do - it's called mother nature and there is nothing that humans can do about it.

We prefer peace& quiet but my DW would want to make sure it's safe, easy to get back to the ship and were not big drinkers, more of Pop people but a drink here and there. How is the food, I mean is it cooked properly and not going to get sick.

Food at both Nachi and Sanchos is good - IMHO Nachi is slightly better for food/drinks/service. If you are not big drinkers you might consider a pay as you go beach club like Paradise Beach - nice beach, great facilities and a HUGE pool. Admission is $3 each and they request that you spend $10/adult on food/drinks - easy to do with one beer/soda & an order of nachos.

• 1 month later...
Trying to find Nachi Cocom or Cozumel Club Caribe on RCI excursion for 2017. If not who do you contact for Nachi Cocom and how much for the taxi and entrance. Will be on RCI Allure. Thanks

Book on your own; Nachi is not available through any of the cruise lines.

Taxi each way (covers up to 4 in the cab) will cost about $17 each way and the ride takes about 10-15 minutes. Cab fares will be posted near the taxi line for your pier - there are three cruise piers on Coz so be sure you go back to the correct one.

Admission to Nachi is usually about $55 each for adults - watch for occasional sales during the slow season.

We love Nachi Cocom. We go there almost every time now. They only allow 100 people in there max, the food is great, the drinks are good, they have a pool, and the beach is perfect to us. We rent the jet skis there for some fun but mostly go there to relax. Looking forward to being back there in Sept. A couple pictures below.

Greetings!! Thanks in advance for the pics and recommendation. Do they offer massages at this venue?

Greetings!! Thanks in advance for the pics and recommendation. Do they offer massages at this venue?

Please disregard the previous inquiry. I have decided to make plans to attend Mr. Sancho's for my time in Cozumel. They offer an AI pass, a tequila tasting seminar, massages, temporary tattoos, cabanas, and shopping. I can't think of many more "lazy day" activities included all in one place. Thanks to all for the recommendations!!!