Diamond Plus Onboard Deluxe Drink Package Discounts

kjmjrm

Can any recent D, D+, Pinnacles confirm on-board deluxe drink package discounts of 25%, 30%, & 35% respectively? Is it consistent across all sailings/fleet? Right after the roll out of the new packages I saw a flurry of posts on the subject, including printouts from cash registers at bars listing preloaded C&A benefits, showing package discounts indicated above, even though they are NOT on the official C&A benefits lists by tier. Cruising Harmony in ~40 days and trying to decide to buy the package now or wait until onboard? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Can any recent D, D+, Pinnacles confirm on-board deluxe drink package discounts of 25%, 30%, & 35% respectively? Is it consistent across all sailings/fleet? Right after the roll out of the new packages I saw a flurry of posts on the subject, including printouts from cash registers at bars listing preloaded C&A benefits, showing package discounts indicated above, even though they are NOT on the official C&A benefits lists by tier. Cruising Harmony in ~40 days and trying to decide to buy the package now or wait until onboard? Thanks.

D+ is 30%

P is 40%

Some but not all ships will give D 20%. Allure at the beginning if January was not.

The discounts were listed on the list of on board benefits that was left in the room.

None of the on board benefits are listed on the website.

This has been reported from many ships recently.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks! You folks are the definitive source for all things Royal. Royal's marketing and IT don't make that an easy task. I am getting more confident (not 100%) that I can pass on the online 20% discount for my D+ onboard 30% discount. I did get one C&A agent to tell me this was the case too, but I trust this forum more...

Just off the Enchantment. D+ was 30% off on the sheet left in the room. Guest Services had the older sheet that didn't include the discount. Took them my sheet and they honored it, of course. I wouldn't buy a package until I get on board from now on.

The discount was for all drink packages

Are you absolutely sure of this? I'm interested in the refreshment package for my son, and mom is D+. If I can get it onboard with the 30% off discount, then the $26/day becomes about $18.20 which is much better.

I had not heard that they were extending the discounts to anything other than the deluxe packages on board.

We're sailing in April on Allure so plenty of time to confirm on different ships.

That would be great. I'm not buying it in advance unless they drop the price, so we'll just wait and see if not before boarding. Hopefully, mom will have the paper with the D+ options, and we can get the package for him using her seapass. In the end, all the money will be pooled between us.

Thanks for this.

That would be great. I'm not buying it in advance unless they drop the price, so we'll just wait and see if not before boarding. Hopefully, mom will have the paper with the D+ options, and we can get the package for him using her seapass. In the end, all the money will be pooled between us.

Thanks for this.

On Allure Jan 2-8 it stated that 30% off was toward delux beverage package only.

I also do not see what the issue is with buying the package in advance if it is discounted. From what i understand it can be cancelled once on board. I have booked mine and plan to have them give me the additional discount once i board.

Edited by micruiser2002

Don't simply go by what's on the paper in your cabin (could be incomplete) - go to a bar have them print out your perks.

+1 on this. We were on Brilliance last week and the discount did not appear on the letter in our stateroom, but did appear on the printout from the bartender.

Sometimes I wonder if they just hope you don't know about it and only give it to those who ask?

We had to go to two bars in November of Liberty but did get it at 30% off.

And side note...I think that's a great perk! We wouldn't buy it at full price. We'd never get our money's worth.

Anyone with experience on this know how much the total was for how many nights using a D+ 30% off? Also who's it best to go to get this? Someone mentioned that they had to go to 2 bar people and that scares me. I'm thinking someone at a bar point of sale would be better than the servers using the notepad.

Thanks for this.

Your son can only get the discount if he is D+. Your mother can only use the discount for her own drink packages, the package goes to her sea pass card and you can not share a package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums