Just back from B2B2B on Liberty...

All the fuss and worry I'd read about how "bad" it is now and how it's going "downhill" was for naught (not that I was too concerned anyway).. Had a great time, no gripes (other than no Love and Marriage, lol)...

All the B2B's were handled quite nicely too. First one there were 89 of us!

We just returned from the 5 night cruise this morning. This was our second time on Liberty. While I agree that we didn't see an overall decline on this cruise/ship, we did experience a slow check in process - priority line for platinum/emerald only had two agents. Took almost an hour to get through the lines and on the ship (arrived at 10:45). We are also noticing a major decline in food quality/variety. Also not fond of the free beverage options which is basically flavored water only offered during meal times. If your looking for something after hours you get your choice of water or coffee.

All employees we encountered were friendly and the ship was clean and beautifully decorated for the holidays. We were so glad they did The Quest on the last night! Our son was one of the team captains and we had a blast.

Debarkation wasn't too bad. We did self assist around 8:30am. No lines getting off the ship but customs had a bit of a line.

One night blood was found somewhere on the ship and apparently there was enough for concern and no explanation of where it came from. Therefore all passengers and crew were placed on "lock down" in our cabins for nearly 2 hours while they went to each cabin to account for everyone. By the time everyone was accounted for and we were released, dinner had been delayed. Late seating was moved to 9:30 and Windjammer didn't open until after 7pm. I was slightly surprised they didn't offer a free drink or something to ward off the complaints that I KNOW were coming, especially from families with small hungry kids.

Glad to hear that you had a great cruise, and that Liberty is doing fine. Looking forward to our Liberty cruise in a few months!

No problem! I've been on Liberty quite a few times and always thought it was great. Lots of negative posts prior to our departure so I was a little curious.

I'm sure I wasn't alone as we do like to worry too much here on occasion! :D I thought my "experienced" two cents might put a few minds at ease who have Liberty cruises coming up.

We also got off today after doing back to back, we found it to be excellent, we have been on the liberty 5 times this year and would say this was the best trips we have had on her. Booked again for January we did self walk off and was through customs and in our car by 8.00am.

We just returned from the 5 night cruise this morning. This was our second time on Liberty. While I agree that we didn't see an overall decline on this cruise/ship, we did experience a slow check in process - priority line for platinum/emerald only had two agents. Took almost an hour to get through the lines and on the ship (arrived at 10:45). We are also noticing a major decline in food quality/variety. Also not fond of the free beverage options which is basically flavored water only offered during meal times. If your looking for something after hours you get your choice of water or coffee.

All employees we encountered were friendly and the ship was clean and beautifully decorated for the holidays. We were so glad they did The Quest on the last night! Our son was one of the team captains and we had a blast.

Debarkation wasn't too bad. We did self assist around 8:30am. No lines getting off the ship but customs had a bit of a line.

One night blood was found somewhere on the ship and apparently there was enough for concern and no explanation of where it came from. Therefore all passengers and crew were placed on "lock down" in our cabins for nearly 2 hours while they went to each cabin to account for everyone. By the time everyone was accounted for and we were released, dinner had been delayed. Late seating was moved to 9:30 and Windjammer didn't open until after 7pm. I was slightly surprised they didn't offer a free drink or something to ward off the complaints that I KNOW were coming, especially from families with small hungry kids.

team 2 by any chance? (for quest)

Same 3 type of breads every night. I asked what happened to banana bread they said they no longer continue it but they did made it one night for us because they are awesome. No love and marriage but I think that is a cruise director choice. No pandesal =( its a filipino food google it. No more loving cups. Maybe its because its a 5 nighter? have not been on a 7 nighter few years. Anyways still the cruise and ship was better than expected.

We were team 4. :D

Team 4 rules! :D

I agree with every other poster from this cruise, it was awesome! A it of an adventure formal night with the lock down, but still managed to make the best of it (actually gave me a reason to start getting ready only to find out late seating got pushed back. Darn!) Labadee was amazing and Ocho Rios was cool, although spent more time ashore in Labadee. Being used to Carnival I found the food an improvement in every area and loved having the cafe and Sorentos as alternatives to Windjammer. Thought Encore was amazing, although did not make it to many of the shows in the theater. I will agree check in took awhile, although getting there at 12:30 I was not surprised, would have rather gotten there when the port opened but what can you do? Overall it was a great trip and I am looking forward to the next whenever it will be.

Broken glass and blood was found on the railing on the helipad area. We were watching three employees inspecting the stair area on the CCTV before try cut the feed.

We were one with a second seating with young kids (which was a disaster itself that couldn't be remedied in MDR) that got pushed back til 9:30. The head server took the food and milk for the kids and sent them via room service as my mother took the kids to bed. Sadly, we arrived back to the room well before her food and their milk did, which ended up being 1.5 hours later. This wouldn't have been an issue had she not had the milk in her hands as she was getting ready to leave the MDR and he took them and said they'd be sent right away via room service :(

Broken glass and blood was found on the railing on the helipad area. We were watching three employees inspecting the stair area on the CCTV before try cut the feed.

We were one with a second seating with young kids (which was a disaster itself that couldn't be remedied in MDR) that got pushed back til 9:30. The head server took the food and milk for the kids and sent them via room service as my mother took the kids to bed. Sadly, we arrived back to the room well before her food and their milk did, which ended up being 1.5 hours later. This wouldn't have been an issue had she not had the milk in her hands as she was getting ready to leave the MDR and he took them and said they'd be sent right away via room service :(

So someone broke glass and is bleeding on the helipad and no one bothers alerting a crew member so they can at least clean up. People amaze me.

That is horrible about your MDR experience! It sounds like they tried to attempt to help you out and make things easier by having the milk and food delivered to your cabin but then just dropped the ball and made the situation worse. That is very unfortunate.

We actually tried to order room service several times but waited on hold nearly 15 minutes and hung up. The other times we were told it would be almost 2 hours wait for delivery.:eek:

We did get the breakfast on time that we ordered with the form you hang outside your door the night before.

Ive heard alot of complaints about room service. Seems to me if they cant provide this service in a reasonable time, they shouldn't offer it.

Edited by Griswolds

Thank you for sharing and sorry for your experience. I thought we'd never find out what all may have occurred. We fared much better. I had just grabbed a couple of pre-dinner double martinis at the champagne bar and I was at the explorations desk when a garbled message message came out. The guy at the desk put his hand on my shoulder and told us we needed to get back to our cabin (how in the heck to they translate those unintelligible messages?) Once these all clear was given we headed down to my time where the line was already growing. The crowd was obnoxious and the pushing was just dumb. We chatted it up with the newlywed couple behind us. The guy was a beast, just huge (and expressed that he was starving). When the staff arrive at the stands, you'd have thought we were at a concert with general admission. The guy we were chatting with stepped left and single handedly held back the crowd of 100s. We heard the my time folks saying it would be a few minutes until they would know the status, so I duck out of line and off to Sorrentos where I grabbed a few plates of pizza to feed my body guard, a few young boys nearby and a few others. Ultimately I think we were seated by just after 6:30 but the dinning room was off. We let our guys know they could rush us all they want to try and get things back on track and I think we were out of there in less than a half hour. Coolest thing I saw that night was a bride wearing her wedding dress on formal night.

Lucked out having just finished up at Johnny Rockets and back to room when the announcement came. Kids were scared, well the one who wasn't asleep lol. Funny how they initially said they were searching for a missing person.

Service on the cruise was awful, had a blast anyway. Expectations low going in, weren't exceeded, but was happy I hadn't gone with the unlimited drink package. Went up to bars and waited waited waited for sodas and cocktails.

Agree food variety was slim, but thought quality was high. Chicken tenders and fries passed my kids litmus test with flying colors.

Room service was a joke.

I think these cruises are a great value for the price, but I would probably mix in land vacations as I can see why some regular cruisers get annoyed at times.