Getting scared about guaranteed interior

Anniam6

My friends and I just went on our first cruise Oct 26-Nov2 on NCL's Sun. We had a great time and decided to go again. We chose Carnival because of that 35 hour sale. We are going on the Conquest Feb 7 - 15. I got a guaranteed interior for all 3 of us $1141 total. But now I'm really afraid of how we will all fit. Are there 2 twin beds and a couch or do two of us have to sleep on a twin bed together? Yikes!

Each will have a separate bed. No doubling up in a twin, unless you want to ;).

IIRC inside cabins on the Conquest have two lowers and an upper bunk. The upper is twin sized and will hold up to 250lbs.

Thank you. We are all women and all want our own bed :D I'm not looking forward to sleeping on a pull down, good thing I'm fairly small. Does it come with a strap so I won't fall out? lol

Nope but it comes with a ladder and a little baby railing so at least the top part of you doesn't fall out :)

Thank you. We are all women and all want our own bed :D I'm not looking forward to sleeping on a pull down, good thing I'm fairly small. Does it come with a strap so I won't fall out? lol

If you feel uncomfortable, you could always take the mattress off the upper pull down bed and place it in the floor. It will be similar or worse than a sofa bed at a hotel, so you may be better off taking a twin air mattress and putting it on the floor.

If you split Carnival's beds into twin, it will slide right in between them. If you prefer to keep their beds as a queen, you can slide the bed all the way to the left or the right and place the air mattress in the space available.

Edited by Baymax

My friends and I just went on our first cruise Oct 26-Nov2 on NCL's Sun. We had a great time and decided to go again. We chose Carnival because of that 35 hour sale. We are going on the Conquest Feb 7 - 15. I got a guaranteed interior for all 3 of us $1141 total. But now I'm really afraid of how we will all fit. Are there 2 twin beds and a couch or do two of us have to sleep on a twin bed together? Yikes!

as long as you are all young and do not mind a small space and one bunk bed, you should be fine. You might be able to upgrade to a balcony guarantee for a little more prior to the cruise. Enjoy !

10295434_10152893074204078_7049119743865869261_o.jpg.947d4f78a0b14625ce218b28c815c83e.jpg

10634111_10202888378466494_1345028201551539538_o.jpg.ac1ba00d704b069a33bc9c7e141f0f66.jpg

as long as you are all young and do not mind a small space and one bunk bed, you should be fine. You might be able to upgrade to a balcony guarantee for a little more prior to the cruise. Enjoy !

We are young 50 year olds! The guy in the middle isn't coming.

Just request that the regular beds be set up as separate, so they will each be against a wall, and the other bed will fold out of the ceiling over one of the twins. Effectively giving you a bunk bed, although the upper and lower are not actually connected to each other. That arrangement will make it easy to get around the room without anyone ducking under the upper bed except the person sleeping below it.

Lots of folks, young and old, use the interior rooms this way. I'm sure you'll be fine.

If you're squeamish about it, keep an eye on rates and you may be able to upgrade to an outside room which (except on the Fantasy-class ships) has a sofa that can be used as the third bed. The sofa is really a bed anyway, with bolster cushions and a cover that are removed to make it into a bed. That way you would all have beds without ladders.

Whatever you decide, have fun on your cruise!

You can't book a room that doesn't have beds for everyone...no worries. It'll be tight, but you sound young enough not to mind!

Good Post above!

Gosh, when we were young, it would still have been fun for us. :D

Suggestion: Find the closest public restroom to your cabin so it can be used as well. Also, don't forget you can shower in the gym/spa area. ;)

You're only young once ... ENJOY! :D

For your reference Anniam6 - Carnival seems to post the room assignment anywhere from 30-33 days prior to sailing.

That is the vibe I got from the boards and sure enough - 31 days out today our GTY Balcony was assigned ! Quite pleased with the location of it too !