NCL Jade Inside tips

josephml1

It's not an inside tip, but on the Jade and other Jewel class ships I like heading up to Spinnaker when the ship is in port. Lots of light, a nice view a good place for catching up on a book. It's fairly quiet except for the background music but I find that it's usually not disturbing.

I was going to say the same. Also the furniture is an eye catching purple and green and the seating is fun. Try out a two person lounge!

There are some beautiful Hawaiian decorations and beautiful glass work which made me think of Venice (Murano glass).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

- Get a spa pass for sea days. Sitting in the hot tub at the bow of the ship is fabulous.

- Dine at Le Bistro at least once. Great setting.

- If you are going to the buffet for breakfast or lunch, look for seating in La Cucina. It is nice and quiet in there.

In the afternoon after 3pm I would go to the Great Outdoors area for "afternoon tea". No formal tea service on NCL but you can have scones, jam and whipped cream, cookies and cake. Or get a salad or sandwich out there. Select a nice tea from the tea caddy. Also buffet breakfast is nice out there too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

In the afternoon after 3pm I would go to the Great Outdoors area for "afternoon tea". No formal tea service on NCL but you can have scones, jam and whipped cream, cookies and cake. Or get a salad or sandwich out there. Select a nice tea from the tea caddy. Also buffet breakfast is nice out there too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The Jade was the only ship I had a balcony on.

I would vote for the 3pm visit to the buffet to get a plate with some cheese, pretzel rolls, grapes, etc. Head back to the cabin on the balcony with a glass of red wine and watch the world go by.

Similar concept to afternoon tea. Except without the tea.

I also like the buffet breakfast. They have lots of choices.

Edited by em-sk

Love the Jade.

I'd advise researching the ports before you go as there were very limited port talks on our recent cruise since Gary is no longer the cruise director.

The spa is very nice (we toured but didn't buy as our cruise was very port intensive and ports are the reason we cruise).

Would also agree with poster who recommended Le Bistro...love the beef there and the creme brulee. Salmon was excellent in Italian restaurant. Key lime pie is awesome in the MDR. No lobster night. Found all the "free" food just fine but enjoyed our meals in the specialty restaurants, too.

Be sure to take in the piano guy in the lounge. Many nights we chose him over the stage shows. Stage shows were fine but we prefer lounge entertainment over the nights that had acrobats and magic, although I heard from others that they were very good. Production show cast was good, but if you're a frequent NCL cruiser as we are, you find you've already seen the particular show on another ship. If you are lucky, Supreme Dream Girls will perform as they did in April. They are not to be missed.

Go to the Dixieland Jazz Jam in the Atrium (our cruise it was Day 2 at 9:45 PM). They put up extra folding chairs for seating but we ran upstairs to the Blue Lagoon and sat at the railing looking down and shared a piece of cheesecake! Great music!

Sorry, this is a question- not a tip: (hope it is not too off topic)

Wondering if they serve a continental breakfast in Moderno on the Jade, as they did on the Sun (pancakes, waffles, French toast, eggs, etc.);

thank you for the information on the Jade, it is very helpful

Sorry, this is a question- not a tip: (hope it is not too off topic)

Wondering if they serve a continental breakfast in Moderno on the Jade, as they did on the Sun (pancakes, waffles, French toast, eggs, etc.);

thank you for the information on the Jade, it is very helpful

No Moderno was not serving breakfast. The Blue Lagoon across the way does though. I don't know when the Jade is scheduled to have O'Sheehan's added, but once it is in the space where Blue Lagoon and Moderno's is now on deck 8 midship, they will serve breakfast.

how is the brazilian restaurant?

We didn't even bother to try Moderno's on the Jade in March after reading negative reviews and lack luster experiences on other ships. However, once it is moved up to deck 13, I'd definitely give it another try.

Thats too bad, it has been our favorite on ships that had it. Love the salad bar they have

I was really looking forward to trying Moderno based on discriptions. There were not many people eating there and it was very slow. I did like the salad bar, though it was not as big as I thought it was going to be. I think what really got to me though was when the lady with the skewers of meat offered me lamb and I said no thank you (not being too keen on it) and then she came by with pineapple and I thought I would just try a bite of my husbands so again I said no thank you. She reached over and turned my card from green to red and said, "then madam must be done!" Yikes

I was really looking forward to trying Moderno based on discriptions. There were not many people eating there and it was very slow. I did like the salad bar, though it was not as big as I thought it was going to be. I think what really got to me though was when the lady with the skewers of meat offered me lamb and I said no thank you (not being too keen on it) and then she came by with pineapple and I thought I would just try a bite of my husbands so again I said no thank you. She reached over and turned my card from green to red and said, "then madam must be done!" Yikes

PS They were also unhappy when my husband asked to keep his soup spoon when they tried to remove it after our trip to the salad bar. He expressed interest in trying one of the soups later in the meal. They said the spoon would be in his way, so if you can imagine my husband playing tug of war with the waitress over a spoon and me playing flip the green/red card with the meat server then you have some idea of how our meal was going! lol

We first ate there on the Epic and it was a beautiful room with a huge salad bar and the food was so so good.

We next ate there on the Pearl and while the food was still pretty good the room was tiny and the salad bar not so big. I am assuming the room was retrofitted for Moderno rather then being built for it on the epic.

We did not have the pineapple the first time and did have it the second and that was the highlight of the meal, so so good.

We will try again on the Jade

No Moderno was not serving breakfast. The Blue Lagoon across the way does though. I don't know when the Jade is scheduled to have O'Sheehan's added, but once it is in the space where Blue Lagoon and Moderno's is now on deck 8 midship, they will serve breakfast.

Thank you so much for the breakfast information. The Great Outdoor café is our fist choice, but good to have an indoor backup, we will check out the

Blue Lagoon. As the Jade does not seem to be on the dry dock list any time soon, guess it will be a while before the O'Sheehan's is available.

Thanks again to all for the great ideas and suggestions, looks like we will add Lebistro,scones and crepes, to our plans along with Cagneys.

thanks again

Edited by more2sea