Do you include airfare price for travel insurance

shelby2002

I am looking at getting travel insurance and getting quotes from other carrier other than carnival to compare to the carnival insurance. Do you include the price of your flight or just the cruise price? Does carnivals insurance cover the flight I want to compare apples to apples.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Generally if you don't include the price of the airfare then it isn't covered in the travel insurance.

I know a lot of policies also want to know the full cost of the trip which includes everything. I know the TravelGuard one I normally get even has a disclaimer that if the trip price changes, or if you book something else included in the vacation you have a specific amount of time to add it for it to be covered.

Think of it this way, the insurance will only cover as much as you tell it you want covered and not a penny more. Look at it this way, if you tell the company you paid $2000 for the trip and that is the amount that the insurance is for. Closer to sail date, you book airfare at another $1200 non-refundable. Then the horrible happens and you have to cancel. You will just get the amount back based on the $2000 because that is what you said the vacation cost and what the insurance was based on, NOT the $3200 it really was going to.

The first time I bought travel insurance I was all confused to so I understand! If you Google looking for someone to "Insure My Trip" (or put that in with a .com) it is a comparison site. I called them and they were more than helpful and got me into the perfect policy for my needs which aren't the "normal" set of needs :D

Generally if you don't include the price of the airfare then it isn't covered in the travel insurance.

I know a lot of policies also want to know the full cost of the trip which includes everything. I know the TravelGuard one I normally get even has a disclaimer that if the trip price changes, or if you book something else included in the vacation you have a specific amount of time to add it for it to be covered.

Think of it this way, the insurance will only cover as much as you tell it you want covered and not a penny more. Look at it this way, if you tell the company you paid $2000 for the trip and that is the amount that the insurance is for. Closer to sail date, you book airfare at another $1200 non-refundable. Then the horrible happens and you have to cancel. You will just get the amount back based on the $2000 because that is what you said the vacation cost and what the insurance was based on, NOT the $3200 it really was going to.

The first time I bought travel insurance I was all confused to so I understand! If you Google looking for someone to "Insure My Trip" (or put that in with a .com) it is a comparison site. I called them and they were more than helpful and got me into the perfect policy for my needs which aren't the "normal" set of needs :D

no need to google.

Here ya go:

insuremytrip.com

squaremouth.com is another site

Good luck

Bill

I mainly take insurance for the medical and not that worried about delays etc, but I generally only include things that I could not get a refund on if I had to cancel. If you can get a credit for your airfare and use it later then do not include it, same for hotel. Do include prepaid shore trips if they say no refunds.

I am looking at getting travel insurance and getting quotes from other carrier other than carnival to compare to the carnival insurance. Do you include the price of your flight or just the cruise price? Does carnivals insurance cover the flight I want to compare apples to apples.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

It's going to be very difficult to compare.

I KNOW Carnival insurance includes "Cancel For Any Reason" and "Job Loss" in its basic price. Not sure about 3rd party air coverage.

I KNOW that 3rd party travel insurance does not cover these items in their basic coverage. You have to pay extra for CFAR and for Job Loss.

Also note that some/most/all 3rd party travel insurances will REQUIRE you to cover everything if you want to cover Pre-Existing medical conditions. If you don't cover everything, that is grounds for any claim denial

I mainly take insurance for the medical and not that worried about delays etc, but I generally only include things that I could not get a refund on if I had to cancel. If you can get a credit for your airfare and use it later then do not include it, same for hotel. Do include prepaid shore trips if they say no refunds.

You should include all trip costs regardless.

Include any non-refundable expenses. For us it always includes cruise and airfare. We usually book hotels that can be cancelled up to 4:00 the day we arrive so we don't have to include this. One time we had a hotel scheduled for the day the cruise ended that was a little pricey so we included it. Good thing we did. DBF's father had suddenly become seriously ill while we were on the cruise. DBF had to get off the ship in Progreso and fly back home, I stayed on the ship and flew back the day it returned. We got ALL the expenses associated with both of our flight changes, his "unused" cruise fare, and the hotel returned back to us. If we had only insured the cruise portion we would not have gotten the airfare or hotel costs back. Totally totally worth it.

We have been leaving from Galveston the last 4 cruises and we drive down. We include estimated cost of gas and or hotels too. If we drive down and then something happens we can get that back too. We insure any expenditures we may incur.

I keep a spreadsheet of expenses during the trip planning phase. As I add non-refundable amounts, or refund periods pass, I call the insurance provider and up the coverage to reflect the new, non-refundable total. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Edited by pseudoware