transportation from lax to san pedro terminal and back

everylastone

Most affordable is a shared shuttle van, such as prime time or super shuttle. Most reliable is a taxi, but at significantly more cost. Shared vans are likely to stop at several drop offs when departing the airport, although you may get lucky and be placed with other cruisers. Going back to the airport is less of a problem, as just about everyone disembarking and getting on a shuttle is headed to the airport.

Reliable and inexpensive may be hard to find. A couple of cruises ago we booked PT but they weren't reliable at all (sent our vehicle to the port instead of our house on our embarkation day and the reverse for our disembarkation day for the same booking). On Time Transportation worked for us, but it was a private, non-shared vehicle.

What you can consider doing is jumping on the shared shuttle at LAX but unless all of the passengers are headed to the port, you may end up getting any stops. There will be plenty of of these vans at LAX and at the port, but if time is critical, you're better off going with a taxi or prebooking an exclusive vehicle.

Hopefully you won't have any problems with your flight to LA (I always recommend not flying in the day of one's cruise) and hopefully you didn't book too early of a flight on your disembarkation day.

what is the most affordable and reliable way to get from lax to the cruise terminal at san pedro? we are going on the ncl star at the end of december. thanks so much.;)

If you are not familiar with traffic at LAX, I would not recommend a shuttle that may circle the airport several times looking for more fares. The traffic at LAX is an absolute zoo.

I mentioned in another post that I just returned from a cruise out of San Pedro and used "On Time Transportation" both ways. $55 to the port for my wife and I, and $65 back to LAX for 6 of us (daughter and grand kids) in an SUV.

I have only used them once but the vehicles were immaculate and they were right on time.

However, with that said, I am a person who refuses to use shuttles anywhere.:)

Try RoadRunner Shuttle...very dependable...We use them very often to get us from home-LAX...they also do LAX-San Pedro Cruise Terminal. And I must disagree with some of the above...arriving day of cruise on an early arrival flight will be fine...our traffic around LAX and to get to SP isn't really that bad....JMHO as a very long time resident and one that drives that area often. ;):)

Try RoadRunner Shuttle...very dependable...We use them very often to get us from home-LAX...they also do LAX-San Pedro Cruise Terminal. And I must disagree with some of the above...arriving day of cruise on an early arrival flight will be fine...our traffic around LAX and to get to SP isn't really that bad....JMHO as a very long time resident and one that drives that area often. ;):)

I also lived over 40 years in the L.A. area, and IMHO the traffic at LAX is horrible. It is worse than "not really that bad". :)

I also lived over 40 years in the L.A. area, and IMHO the traffic at LAX is horrible. It is worse than "not really that bad". :)

I've lived there a lot longer than that..and travel in that area "often"....so I'm very comfortable in standing by my opinion ;)

And I would imagine anyone trying to get to or from LAX this week would be thinking otherwise, too. And I'm so glad that my hubby didn't have a meeting downtown today (there's usually staff meetings every other Wednesday and he has to travel from his office in the Valley to downtown LA) as protestors have climbed onto the 101 near there today and last night. You can't always predict the traffic here.

Plus, what if you have a problem with a flight delay? Why risk of stress with that situation?

And I would imagine anyone trying to get to or from LAX this week would be thinking otherwise' date=' too. And I'm so glad that my hubby didn't have a meeting downtown today (there's usually staff meetings every other Wednesday and he has to travel from his office in the Valley to downtown LA) as protestors have climbed onto the 101 near there today and last night. You can't always predict the traffic here.

Plus, what if you have a problem with a flight delay? Why risk of stress with that situation?[/quote']

This was an unfortunate situation and shouldn't be used for normal travel advice to and from LAX, as most visitor's asking here on Cruise Critic are going to be going from LAX to one of our two cruise terminals.

This was an unfortunate situation and shouldn't be used for normal travel advice to and from LAX, as most visitor's asking here on Cruise Critic are going to be going from LAX to one of our two cruise terminals.

I used to commute between the Valley and the other side of the mountains for many years and even on "normal" days, have seen bumper-to-bumper traffic from early morning to even past lunch. And on weekends, I have seen plenty of traffic.

I can't see starting off a vacation by flying in the day of a cruise and hoping that everything goes smoothly. Too stressful for me.