Option for Upgrade

Dbears

I just got an opportunity to upgrade on a 10 day Mediterranean cruise for a great price. Here are the pro's:

1) I can upgrade from PH3 to an OC. The PH3 suite is forward on the left side of the ship. The OC seems to be center on the right side of the ship. I've heard the right side is better in the Meditteranean in approaching Venice.

2) My wife is prone to seasickness. I think the more center OC may help in that regard.

3) The upgrade offer is about a third of the rack price increase.

On the other hand:

1) Its a very port intensive trip. How much will we really enjoy the room? There are no days at sea.

2) My wife like the idea of being close to washer/dryers to get some wash done since we'll be gone from home for three weeks in total.

3) We can probably apply the increased cost in a drink package or more land excursions.

It might be moot because I'm waiting so long to respond.

Thanks,

Mike (Da Bears)

You may be right about the option being moot. Usually you need to respond quickly.

My initial reaction was take the OC ... but when you said you're port intensive, that made me rethink it.

Still, if you come back tired and want to have dinner in the room, the OC is far more convenient.

Me, I'd take it. But that's me. You have good arguments for not doing so.

Mura

I just got an opportunity to upgrade on a 10 day Mediterranean cruise for a great price. Here are the pro's:

1) I can upgrade from PH3 to an OC. The PH3 suite is forward on the left side of the ship. The OC seems to be center on the right side of the ship. I've heard the right side is better in the Meditteranean in approaching Venice.

2) My wife is prone to seasickness. I think the more center OC may help in that regard.

3) The upgrade offer is about a third of the rack price increase.

On the other hand:

1) Its a very port intensive trip. How much will we really enjoy the room? There are no days at sea.

2) My wife like the idea of being close to washer/dryers to get some wash done since we'll be gone from home for three weeks in total.

3) We can probably apply the increased cost in a drink package or more land excursions.

It might be moot because I'm waiting so long to respond.

Thanks,

Mike (Da Bears)

How much will you enjoy the room? Not enough on a cruise with no sea days, unless you don't spend much time in port. On the other hand if you have not been in an Oceania Suite I'd say go for it if it's still available. All that space is great.

Keep in mind you'll get the 6 bottle set up making the drink package almost a moot point. Anything you can't mix in the room(frozen drinks etc) just get a virgin one at the pool bar and add your own alcohol and enjoy on the balcony.

Laundry is only one floor down. We loved being in an OC last fall. Like you, ours was a port intensive cruise.

Good luck! Those suites are great ...

I haven't been in one of the Deck 12 suites but we were in one of the aft OCs on the BCN-Rio cruise in November and it was fab. (Less space in the cabin itself but a lot more on the deck. Plus a wonderful view.)

Mura

The deck 11 aft OCs have a second HALF bath - no shower. The Deck 12 OCs have two full bathrooms. (Well, no tub as I recall but a shower.)

Mura

No tub in the guest bathroom, but there is one in the master.