Males giving massages

Surfguyxxx

On Disney (who uses Steiner) we always had a male massuer available....cute ones too! ;)

We had this guy(Christian)on Cunard's QM2. A real hottie, who basically could really reduce you to putty(depending on how "rough" you like it)

• 4 weeks later...

Keithm, Christian on QM2 is definitely a hottie .... and he also gives great massages.

a fellow traveler on our crossing was telling me how he had his first message ever with Christian and asked him how he would get his "happy ending". Alas he was embarrassingly disappointed. Given some of the stories i heard about Christian during the onboard crew parties he probably didn't mind, but i could see how this could be a problem for some straight masseurs.

NCL has always had males available for massages. Not as many as the females. The men seem to get plenty of bookings, but they also seem to be less specialized than the females, and available for a broader range of services. I think this helps them get business when the bookings start filling up.

Keithm, Christian on QM2 is definitely a hottie .... and he also gives great massages.

a fellow traveler on our crossing was telling me how he had his first message ever with Christian and asked him how he would get his "happy ending". Alas he was embarrassingly disappointed. Given some of the stories i heard about Christian during the onboard crew parties he probably didn't mind, but i could see how this could be a problem for some straight masseurs.

As hot as Chritian is..I could never ask for a "happy ending". I've been partnered for 18 years now. Also I'd think something like that could end his career.Ahhh..but we can dream, though.

Lots of spas in the US employ only men or women. I can't imagine they can be required to mix it up by law.

For a US-based business, it can't require anything of a potential employee vis-a-vis discrimination unless there's a business necessity to do so.

For a US-based business, it can't require anything of a potential employee vis-a-vis discrimination unless there's a business necessity to do so.

Most employment laws rest at the states level, I thought. Nonentheless, we've been to spas that only employ men (and state so).

• 2 weeks later...
So, who thinks that the massage company's on the ships should hire men/boys to give massages? No offense ladies!

I had a [male] masseur on my RSVP cruise last month. Michael, a strapping 20-something guy with a West London accent, gave me an awesome 2-hour bamboo deep tissue massage and facial. Aside from the bruising (seriously!) it was the best massage of my life.:p I actually asked Michael if folks on cruises requested males, because presumably they're stronger, and he said the benefit is one of endurance.

Does anyone know if the recent Atlantis cruise on Allure had male therapists?

Michael also told be that he had been working on the Atlantis cruise the week before, and that he did 83 massages in 7 days. So, maybe he was the only guy, and maybe the brought him in just for us. I'll find out next month if NCL has male therapists. If they don't, I'm not going to waste my money.

I had a [male] masseur on my RSVP cruise last month. Michael, a strapping 20-something guy with a West London accent, gave me an awesome 2-hour bamboo deep tissue massage and facial. Aside from the bruising (seriously!) it was the best massage of my life.:p I actually asked Michael if folks on cruises requested males, because presumably they're stronger, and he said the benefit is one of endurance.

Michael also told be that he had been working on the Atlantis cruise the week before, and that he did 83 massages in 7 days. So, maybe he was the only guy, and maybe the brought him in just for us. I'll find out next month if NCL has male therapists. If they don't, I'm not going to waste my money.

I had one of the other male therapists on the RSVP cruise, from Ohio and I forgot his name. He gave a pretty good massage too. Afterwards I asked to see his hands because the felt very soft and they had a lot of strength. They were soft as a baby's behind (must be all that oil and lotion) and they were small! But boy, he knew how to get into the muscles (no bruising though, I bitch before it gets there LOL)

I chatted with Michael out on deck one morning before he started work, very friendly. I had an appointment with him the last day of the cruise (very few spots were open when I booked) but I had to cancel it due to a conflict.

He did mention working on the Allure and now I have forgotten how many massage therapists he said they had on the Allure but there were a few males. IIRC he was actually working on the Westerdam but was temporarily transferred to the Atlantis and RSVP cruises. On the RSVP cruise there were 3 males amongst the 10 therapists.

• 1 year later...