To Cheers or not to Cheers!

nancyfancy40

So here is our question. We have a group of 12 women on a cruise, 5 rooms. 4 day cruise our of Long Beach. Most are big wine drinkers. We are trying to figure out if the Cheers program is for us.

1. Most will buy a soda card if not cheers.

2. How much is a glass of wine? I could not remember. We figure 5 glasses of wine a day and we break even.

Did we get this right? Suggestions from the pros welcome.

Nancy

Go for it, We have "smuggled";) but the price of cheers we don't have to worry about did something make it, We can TRY different drinks, all cokes you want and you can get a drink at the show, dinner, pool, etc.... This is a NO BRAINER for those of us that enjoy Cruising with Alcohol:D{LOL} .

MR J

The trying new drinks is a good one for me. No harm no foul if you dont' like it. Just wait 5 minutes and order another one. The other thing is that the girs who do not want to order it, could try a sip of the drink and not have to pay for something they are not going to like.

Nancy

So here is our question. We have a group of 12 women on a cruise, 5 rooms. 4 day cruise our of Long Beach. Most are big wine drinkers. We are trying to figure out if the Cheers program is for us.

2. How much is a glass of wine? I could not remember. We figure 5 glasses of wine a day and we break even.

Nancy

Price of wine depends on what wine you choose... anywhere from 5.50 plus tip to 9.50 plus tip. so, if you drink the 9.50 wine which you are at almost 11.00 per wine, so break even is 5 even without any other purchases such as soda. However, if your drink the cheaper wine, you are looking at 9 drinks

We did the cheers program, and I'm glad we did even though I think Carnival made out instead of us. It was nice not worrying about how much my balance would be. It was nice to try new drinks and not worry about losing money if I didn't like it. We came pretty close to making it worth our money, so I'm okay with Carnival making out due to the convenience factor for us.

Price of wine depends on what wine you choose... anywhere from 5.50 plus tip to 9.50 plus tip. so, if you drink the 9.50 wine which you are at almost 11.00 per wine, so break even is 5 even without any other purchases such as soda. However, if your drink the cheaper wine, you are looking at 9 drinks

There is also a glass in the MDR available that is exactly $10.00. Pouilly-Fuisse or something. I love getting that one on Cheers most. :p

Edited by tncap

There is also a glass in the MDR available that is exactly $10.00. Pouilly-Fuisse or something. I love getting that one on Cheers most. :p

You got that right, that is my go to wine at dinner. Light enough to go with cream sauce & fish, dry enough to with red meat.

Nancy

Remember that everyone booked in the same cabin has to buy Cheers.

You will also want to consider how many days you will spend in port. We just got back from a 7-nighter with 4 port days. There is no way we would have gotten our money's worth out of the Cheers plan. Just do an analysis of how much you think everyone will drink. Our S&S for our last cruise was less than $500 and that included the tips for 2 people. Cheers would have cost us much more than that. And yes, anyone in the same cabin over the age of 21 would be required to have it as well. That all being said, we talked to a couple of ladies who have used the Cheers plan on more than one cruise & feel like they have gotten their money's worth.

You will also want to consider how many days you will spend in port. We just got back from a 7-nighter with 4 port days. There is no way we would have gotten our money's worth out of the Cheers plan.

This.

We only have 2 sea days on our next cruise so I don't see the value this time around. We'll each bring a bottle of wine on board with us. And we'll each pick up something at one of our ports and check it in when we reboard... those will come back to us on the last night.

I have trouble committing to $510 in alcohol for a six night cruise.

Sea days are a no brain'er for us because we never leave the ship so we get our money's worth. So on 4 day cruises we get Cheers. However, on the 7 days cruises where we are off the boat for three days, Cheers isnt worth our while. Even with the price reduction. We drink at every port of call and only need a few more for the rest of the night. So I guess, as always, it just depends on the consumption level for each day. Happy Cheering!

Look at the ports, look at the times any excursions are starting and see how your days are going to be laid out and what your excursions are. Our last cruise was Eastern Caribbean and we had excursions starting between 7-9 am nearly every port - and two of the excursions were all you can drink... So our nights were fairly early nights, we did plenty of partying off ship, and we were not staying up late partying. We all drank as much as we would have wanted on board and the package would have cost more than any of us did spend.

Now our next cruise - and especially due to the price drop (thank you Carnival!) - we are planning on getting it. We will be spending a great deal of time on ship and being a 7 day cruise - can easily see us having an average of 4-5 drinks a day. So it is going to be worth it.

Look at the ports, look at the times any excursions are starting and see how your days are going to be laid out and what your excursions are. Our last cruise was Eastern Caribbean and we had excursions starting between 7-9 am nearly every port - and two of the excursions were all you can drink... So our nights were fairly early nights, we did plenty of partying off ship, and we were not staying up late partying. We all drank as much as we would have wanted on board and the package would have cost more than any of us did spend.

Now our next cruise - and especially due to the price drop (thank you Carnival!) - we are planning on getting it. We will be spending a great deal of time on ship and being a 7 day cruise - can easily see us having an average of 4-5 drinks a day. So it is going to be worth it.

The price drop makes it well worth it. Alot of times on excursions I do not drink much unless that is what the excursion is about but right before and after dinner you will see your tab go up.So it is worth it to me. I think it is only $300 a person for 7 days now it used to be $100 more a couple

We did Cheers and not to Cheers. I prefer Cheers-I like having not to worry as well and just going to the bar. We normally and still do smuggle our drinks on board :rolleyes: but we sit and worry (more DH) if our drinks got on board...long story...different thead.

I prefer drinking Champagne-normally $9.75 or so a glass and drinking wine. I love the frozen drinks at the pool and maybe an after dinner drink. It makes sense for us.