Does Uber go from NYC to Bayonne?

welshrich

Uber will charge you whatever they please, and don't take a taxi because they don't have to take you to Bayonne. If a taxi driver is willing to they're likely to try to extract an outrageously high fare for doing so.

As already mentioned, your best bet is to book a car service, which will quote a fixed fare, to which you will have to add tolls and tip. Dial 7 and Carmel Limo are two of NY City's biggest car services, and many Cruise Critic posters have been satisfied users of one or the other. If you search on the internet you may be able to find coupons for them that will save you a few dollars.

Base fare for a sedan for two passengers should be in the $50 to $60 range, plus tolls of $15 to $20, plus tip of $10 - $12. Figure about $75 to $90 in total...the final amount could be slightly higher or lower.

Edited by njhorseman

I agree with the other posters. You don't want to take a taxi, get a set price from a car service. Uber can get pricey from Manhattan because they always seem to be up to premium rates. It's better to lock in something in advance.

Carmel Limo is terrific, I use them all the time. They are extremely reliable and reasonably priced. I believe the rate from midtown Manhattan to Bayonne is around $60. 212 666-6666

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking