how do you check prices upgrades etc on Reflection and still get the drink package

Mo from Canada

Carnival is not Celebrity.:confused: Each line does their own thing.

Your TA can check which promotion is available for your itinerary and the pricing for specific categories. Not sure what more you are looking for.

If you are already booked with a "free" drink package as a promotion, you will probably need to start from scratch as a new booking losing everything you already have. If the promotion is available with today's bookings it will show as a special. Otherwise put a dollar value on the drink package and work that number into the current pricing if lower. But really I would use the TA to do the research. But you need to ask. They usually won't do it without the request.

Edited by eandj

The BBB perks are capacity controlled, they may remove them once cabins on certain categories near selling out, and therefore are no longer available.

I have sen some sailing where they are not only left on ocean view cabins, no verandas concierge or up for example, even though there are still some verandas selling on those cruises

If you reprice, you usually reprice under current price and perks. When prices come down, so too usually do perks go away. And when you reprice you get the new price and perks of the day, which can often mean no perks today.

We did a comparison of what the value of the drink package is actually worth to us. Just made more sense when comparing perks and pricing.

There's no way we each can drink $65 worth of beverages in the classic plan a day. So for valuing it for comparisons, we would use $35-40 per person per day. Then we could reasonably see what our best choices were.

Your example of how you work with the numbers before assuming BBB is a great deal is very helpful to those unsure. A little knowledge goes a long way. Something Celebrity might be hoping that a lot of cruisers won't figure out.

Edited by eandj

I created this BBB pricing calculator to help me decide when to and not to take any BBB perks.

Curt,

This is great. I just saved it on my computer. We are looking at cruises for 2017 and I was going to do a similar calculation for the ones we are interested in. You saved me a lot of time.

Thank you!

There's no way we each can drink $65 worth of beverages in the classic plan a day. So for valuing it for comparisons, we would use $35-40 per person per day. Then we could reasonably see what our best choices were.

Your example of how you work with the numbers before assuming BBB is a great deal is very helpful to those unsure. A little knowledge goes a long way. Something Celebrity might be hoping that a lot of cruisers won't figure out.

Here is my "RUFF" run down of a day with a drink pkg on another thread

For us at least, it was everything else that the pkg includes.

A speciality coffee each on the balcony while the wifester is putting on her face, $5 ea.

Evian or San Pellegrino with fresh squeezed juice with that second coffee at breakfast, $15 ea.

Grab a bottle water on the way to stake out a deck chair, $4 ea.

$24 each before lunch.

A beer or the drink of the day by the pool, $6 ea

Then off to lunch, maybe a soda, or another San Pellegrino $5 ea

The sun is hot hot hot! A cold beer or drink of the day is in order, $6 ea

The burger at the Mast Grill is calling our names, it does not go down with out some liquid assistance, $5 ea, then it is time to meet friends to watch the sun set from the Sunset Bar, $6 ea. Afternoon total $28.

And the evening fun has yet to begin.

San Pellegrino and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and another speciality coffee with desert, $26 ea

Now it is time for some mind altering sampling to happen, or not A cocktail with friends at one of the watering holes on ship $7 ea, or 2 if we are letting our hair down!

One more bottle water on the way back to the cabin just in case we get thirsty during the night, $4. Evening total, $44.

Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each using the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

Depends on how you make use of the package.

We have upgraded to the Premium on our last 2 cruises. Our friends stayed with the Classic and were fine. I like the Craft beer selection, the wine the wifester drank last yr was $14.00 a glass x 3 @ dinner = $42.00 without a pkg every dinner.

We did a comparison of what the value of the drink package is actually worth to us. Just made more sense when comparing perks and pricing.

The Classic Pkg. is $55 per day. The Premium Pkg. is $65 per day.

I think I may be able to spill that much each day :cool:

When searching on the US site do not enter any identifying information such as state, captains club number et. click skip on that section and any available BBB offers will populate.

And be aware selecting Senior, Military or Resident rates can sometimes take BBB offers away. So be sure to compare before and after pricing and net cruise costs.

And be aware selecting Senior, Military or Resident rates can sometimes take BBB offers away. So be sure to compare before and after pricing and net cruise costs.

Curt, your spreadsheet on BBB is great. We've not had a problem combining perks with military discounts; guess we've been lucky

Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each using the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

Lol.... after all that liquid and listening to the swoosh of the waves...:eek:

Thank you for all that work. Tried today to upgrade to Suite Guarantee from Aqua Class on Constellation, trying to keep classic bev pkg, tips and 300 OBC. The suite guarantee was less expensive than the AQ2 but would lose those perks. Asked about no discounts on suite guarantee and keep perks...price did not make sense. I think they have it all figured out.