Gaslamp District San Diego

rdcruisin

I will be on a CA Coastal cruise in October which stops in San Diego. I'm interested in going to the Gaslamp District. Does anyone know how far it is from the cruise terminal (blocks), can you walk there or do you need to take the trolley. If the trolley is used, do you know where you would catch it?

Thanks for your help.

Google maps puts it at just over a one mile walk. Easily done in about 20 minutes.

You might want to check out Horton Plaza as well.

Click on the attached map for a larger view.

If you really feel like walking. You could walk to SeaPort Village for lunch then up to the GasLamp district/Horton Plaza. Then back to the ship. That would be about 3 or 4 miles total for perhaps one hour and 20 minutes of total walk time. If you get pooped out flag down a taxi.

CruiseShipToGasLamp.jpg.4e7ef69957966b4b7a05856e40578b19.jpg

Edited by jasmith52

I will be on a CA Coastal cruise in October which stops in San Diego. I'm interested in going to the Gaslamp District. Does anyone know how far it is from the cruise terminal (blocks), can you walk there or do you need to take the trolley. If the trolley is used, do you know where you would catch it?

Thanks for your help.

Just a few blocks away and it's beautiful there will lots of places to eat.

We stay in the Gas Lamp frequently and as stated it's an easy walk through Sea Port Village along the ocean to get there. There are many pedi-cabs that will take you down there, also. The trolley is directly inland near the Santa Fe station, but really not worth it for that short of a trip.

While it might be a short walk, I guess it depends on what you get side track with on the way. There is the USS Midway that can take up several hours. You can catch a ferry over to Coronado within a few feet of the cruise terminal. Seaport Village has a bunch of shops and pubs that will snag you in.

If you make it to Gas Lamp the Tin Fish is a great place to grab a bite and drink.

Last year, after many years visiting, we did the walking tour of Gas Lamp called "Brothels, Bites and Booze" I highly recommend it if it works with your schedule.

Edited by jamesr3939

If you make it to Gas Lamp the Tin Fish is a great place to grab a bite and drink.

Last year, after many years visiting, we did the walking tour of Gas Lamp called "Brothels, Bites and Booze" I highly recommend it if it works with your schedule.

Thanks for the recommendations. We are flying in the morning before our South Pacific cruise the end of September. Since we have toured OldTown many times, we decided the Gas Lamp district was on our radar this trip.

Do you need reservations for the "Brothels, Bites and Booze" tour? Sounds like a kick!!

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you can walk.

Thanks for your help.

In addition to the Gaslamp district, there are several other attractions that are conveniently located within walking distance of the cruise terminal.

http://SanDiegoUSA.ca