Rent a Car ??s

islesdave

I'm on the Escape on 8/5 returning 8/12. Unfortunately my flight back to NY is not until 7:50 PM. Thinking about renting a car for the day from 9-6, but prices are absurd, even renting from the airport rather than the downtown locations. Any suggestions?

I would keep shopping for a rental - prices fluctuate and discount codes pop up (sometime they are posted on some of the WDW boards).

If the car winds up being too much you can taxi/Uber to SB, pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, and then enjoy the beach, people watching, boozy brunch, shopping, sightseeing, etc. In the afternoon use the Airport Flyer bus to get to MIA for about $3 each, or you can Uber to MIA from SB for about $25

We self disembarked right after the first deck was called. It wasn't even our deck but we left anyways and were off by 8am. We booked a minivan via Hotwire (ended up with Dollar) for about $70 including all the fees and a one day sunpass from MIA Intl a/p. There is a free shuttle (tip driver please) from POM to MIA rentals. Do have your reservation available for the shuttle driver to see. He took all 4 of us and our luggage to MIA rentals. We were directed to pick out any minivan on the lot and go. Beware, check the gas level. We were to get a minivan with a full tank and expected to return it with a full tank. The first one we turned on had 3/4 tank. SO we just chose the next one to it with a full tank. Drove to Las Olas, parked for $15 and enjoyed a peaceful day and lunch at the Ritz instead of sitting of the floor of FLL waiting for our 5pm flight.

I'm on the Escape on 8/5 returning 8/12. Unfortunately my flight back to NY is not until 7:50 PM. Thinking about renting a car for the day from 9-6, but prices are absurd, even renting from the airport rather than the downtown locations. Any suggestions?

Not sure what you consider an absurd price for a rental car, but right now they are starting at $32 taxes included for a compact and $35 for a full size for Aug 12.