Booking on website - changed process today?

Mysticalmother

I tried today using Fred & Ginger and got quite a long way through the dummy booking. Its a bit clunky though and when it came to choosing a cabin - I chose one that was showing as available - but it then told me there was no such cabin....:D

I suppose one day they will sort it all out....

Why would you when you say P&O are an inferior company in fact I am amazed you are even looking at the website after what you have said about P&O :).

You forget that PRINCESSTHEBEST has already told that he/she has spent 7.5% of the last three years of their life on P&O ships.

Oops...the last time I pointed that out somebody complained and my post was deleted by the moderators.

I don't mind the system, if you make your 'dummy' booking with your real name and POD number the system applies a past passenger discount, which obviously a fictitious name will not attract.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have just tried a dummy booking on it and I like it!

I have just made a booking by phone with P&O and the info it showed compared well with the info I received on the phone.

I usually like to phone direct as I generally have other questions, but I might be tempted to book on line if making a straightforward booking now.

Edited by Scriv

And of course having to put your details in with a dummy booking means that P&O have a good idea of who is looking at which cruises and can follow up with their "Cruise Consultants". We showed an interest when the Britannia itinery came out and we were contacted by a young man who then "sold" us a cruise for June 2015. We later booked a cruise through a TA for November 2014. A short time later the same young man phoned and asked why we had not booked with him. He said that P&O were trying to build up a report with their customers.

I quite like the new booking system with the questions on upgrades and health and dietary matters. The only problem I had was it not recognising my Customer Number.

I'll look further in a few days.

I had that happen when looking at a cruise on Britannia. My mistake was putting in my details and logging in. Later on in the day, I was rang by someone from P&O. He gave me a quote, but then I phoned a TA, and got a better deal, with a bigger discount off.

Carol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am trying to book a select fare in December but no matter what cabin number I enter it says that it is not available. I have just sat and entered every balcony cabin on decks A, B and C on Oceana and every one is unavailable. Is there any way that you can see which cabins are actually available, even 6 or 7 as there were on the old system would be better than none.

I am trying to book a select fare in December but no matter what cabin number I enter it says that it is not available. I have just sat and entered every balcony cabin on decks A, B and C on Oceana and every one is unavailable. Is there any way that you can see which cabins are actually available, even 6 or 7 as there were on the old system would be better than none.

Hello,

I just tried a dummy booking for 1 December and selected balcony - shows about 7 for each category on A deck. Not sure if you can continue to choose for other decks.

Hello,

I just tried a dummy booking for 1 December and selected balcony - shows about 7 for each category on A deck. Not sure if you can continue to choose for other decks.

Where do you see the available cabin numbers ? I get as far as the Choose Your Cabin window , there are cabin numbers displayed and no matter what cabin number I enter I get "The requested cabin is not valid."

I just clicked on one of the given cabin numbers and then it takes you to the next step which was giving my details to book.

I didn't choose my own cabin number . I can't double check because the site now shows routine maintenance!

(Probably all the dummy bookings have interfered with the site;))

I just clicked on one of the given cabin numbers and then it takes you to the next step which was giving my details to book.

I didn't choose my own cabin number . I can't double check because the site now shows routine maintenance!

(Probably all the dummy bookings have interfered with the site;))

It's up and running agin now.:)

I still have the problem on my laptop when using IE for the new booking system but I can book using my Kindle Fire and I have downloaded Chrome and that works too. I suspect that it is probably my IE security settings but I have no intention of opening them up so I will use Chrome for P&O bookings from now on.

Thank you to those who posted replies to try to help me.

Edited by Josy1953

• 4 weeks later...

I see the booking system has changed again today !

You no longer need to say whether you have travelled with P&O before but the best bit is you can now put in your favourite cabin number to see if it is available :D