anyone off the Victory today ?

SMSACE6

We were off on Thursday last week and had a great time. I think it is a great ship and the service was excellent. I did not try the new Alchemy bar- the menu had Every Day offerings and Daily Specials...all was very good. We had no complaints. Would love to go again soon...

I completely agree; from what I could tell, it seemed like a total waste.

Ships have to go into drydock on a specific schedule,it's not an option for them. At times and they are extensive other times they aren't, but its never a waste to make sure the ship is mechanically sound.

Below is all that was done.

Renovations completed during dry-dock: 3/21/15-4/04/15

Routine hotel maintenance

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work in lounges and public areas

Alchemy Bar – located Deck 5 aft (replaced Caspian Wine Bar)*

SkyBox Sports Bar – located on Deck 5 midship (replaced Aegean Sports Bar)

Sorry but have to disagree with you Twizzlers Addict about waste of time. Was the first to cruise after the so called (Dry Dock) April 4th. Sort of did a back to back cruise but on another cruise line. Specifically picked Carnival Victory as the second cruise because of laundry needing to be washed. Carnival does provide washers/dryers on several decks, otherwise they charge you 15.00 per load. We had 4 loads so did not want to spend 60.00 on laundry. Well as soon as we boarded the ship, headed up to laundry on deck 8 which is the deck our cabin was on. Entered the laundry room and noticed about an inch of water covering the floor. Called guests services and they were not aware of the flooding issues. We were told that they would fix the problem and to try back the next day. This was Saturday April 4th. Still had a few clean clothes to wear so no big deal. On Sunday April 5th went to the laundry on deck 8 and the door was locked with a sign that said maintenance work being done. Went to deck 7 and deck 6 and the laundry was locked with the same sign on the door. Went to laundry on Monday April 6th and doors were all locked and same signs on door. Went to guest services and told them we had done a back to back sailing and did not have any clean under wear left. Guest services said to check back later. Finally after asking to speak to a manager guest services opened up a ( complaint file) and agreed to wash our clothes for us at no charge. Good for Carnival for not charging me $ 60.00. But as far as this issue with flooded laundry rooms and locking the doors for three days is unacceptable ,,especially after two weeks in dry dock,,,so Yes dry dock was a waste of time.

Carnival Victory has an Asian Stir Fry sort of like a Mongolian wok, its is very good.

we just got off her this morning,we had a great time.There is a separate window for the chinese food,and we had some every day.It was that good.This was our first time on her,and I loved the color scheme.Great crew very friendly,helpful,and hard working.Lots of cleaning going on.Didn't really see the need for 2 new bars,as Lido was always very busy.No reason why the 2 back bars and grills couldn't have had the changes just made a little smaller thats all.

• 2 weeks later...
we just got off her this morning,we had a great time.There is a separate window for the chinese food,and we had some every day.It was that good.This was our first time on her,and I loved the color scheme.Great crew very friendly,helpful,and hard working.Lots of cleaning going on.Didn't really see the need for 2 new bars,as Lido was always very busy.No reason why the 2 back bars and grills couldn't have had the changes just made a little smaller thats all.

Wish we were on your cruise then, we just got off this morning and had the complete opposite experience.

We had ALOT of rude fellow passengers and the crew was less friendly that any other cruise we have been on.

Hopefully our trip in September will be better.

Wish we were on your cruise then, we just got off this morning and had the complete opposite experience.

We had ALOT of rude fellow passengers and the crew was less friendly that any other cruise we have been on.

I'm so sorry to hear your trip didn't go well for you and hope your next one is better.This was only our 2nd time on Carnival,our first time was not good.I always try to be optomistic when we sail!

Sorry but have to disagree with you Twizzlers Addict about waste of time. Was the first to cruise after the so called (Dry Dock) April 4th. Sort of did a back to back cruise but on another cruise line. Specifically picked Carnival Victory as the second cruise because of laundry needing to be washed. Carnival does provide washers/dryers on several decks, otherwise they charge you 15.00 per load. We had 4 loads so did not want to spend 60.00 on laundry. Well as soon as we boarded the ship, headed up to laundry on deck 8 which is the deck our cabin was on. Entered the laundry room and noticed about an inch of water covering the floor. Called guests services and they were not aware of the flooding issues. We were told that they would fix the problem and to try back the next day. This was Saturday April 4th. Still had a few clean clothes to wear so no big deal. On Sunday April 5th went to the laundry on deck 8 and the door was locked with a sign that said maintenance work being done. Went to deck 7 and deck 6 and the laundry was locked with the same sign on the door. Went to laundry on Monday April 6th and doors were all locked and same signs on door. Went to guest services and told them we had done a back to back sailing and did not have any clean under wear left. Guest services said to check back later. Finally after asking to speak to a manager guest services opened up a ( complaint file) and agreed to wash our clothes for us at no charge. Good for Carnival for not charging me $ 60.00. But as far as this issue with flooded laundry rooms and locking the doors for three days is unacceptable ,,especially after two weeks in dry dock,,,so Yes dry dock was a waste of time.

Carnival Victory has an Asian Stir Fry sort of like a Mongolian wok, its is very good.

Sorry you did not a good time. Lol, I think this is first where I have read someone chose a cruise for laundry facilities.

Sorry that your cruise was not so great. I did hear of the problem in Cozumel the other day. I wonder if the crew were less friendly because of your fellow cruisers. Were they less friendly from the start of the cruise? or did it go downhill after Cozumel? Again, sorry it was a disappointment for you. I am reading some not so stellar reviews of the ship lately.

Will you be doing a review? I understand if you don't want to here on the boards, but would love to see one on the members review board. Thanks for posting:)

Does anyone know if the Victory has a Mongolian Wok?

There is an Oriental window in the Lido down on the opposite side of the Deli.The menu changes daily,but we had something almost every day there,and the offerings are really good!

• 2 weeks later...
Just off today. Happy to try to answer any questions!

I always love the decor of this ship when I look at photos....

Old menu still?

Some carpets replaced?

Piano Bar good?

Entertainment now?

What kind of cabin did you try and like....

I do not mind the pink tile...LOL...

She often has deals and think she may be a good add on to another newer ship traveling so far and at expense I will now have to there.....

Thanks, Sarah

I always love the decor of this ship when I look at photos....

Old menu still?

Some carpets replaced?

Piano Bar good?

Entertainment now?

What kind of cabin did you try and like....

I do not mind the pink tile...LOL...

She often has deals and think she may be a good add on to another newer ship traveling so far and at expense I will now have to there.....

Thanks, Sarah

Yes - still old menu. Piano bar - ok, but we didn't didn't spend a ton of time there. Shows were repeats for us - so we didn't go.

Love the upgrades. Alchemy Bar was - by far - our favorite place. Skybox was good too - but I prefer martinis!!

Just off today. Happy to try to answer any questions!

Yes - still old menu. Piano bar - ok, but we didn't didn't spend a ton of time there. Shows were repeats for us - so we didn't go.

Love the upgrades. Alchemy Bar was - by far - our favorite place. Skybox was good too - but I prefer martinis!!

Thanks,,,can't drink that much but I do too...wine is harder on me now...LOL...sarah

Cabin type or area??? Ship quiet enough with all these engine rattle complaints lately? thanks..sarah

Thanks,,,can't drink that much but I do too...wine is harder on me now...LOL...sarah

Cabin type or area??? Ship quiet enough with all these engine rattle complaints lately? thanks..sarah

Sorry...we had the aft wrap port side - on 6. Nice and quiet - not much engine rattle at all!