Emirates Air specials and timing.

Bowie MeMe

Emirates Airline special of $999 for 2 (two) roundtrip tickets economy to many destinations in middle and far east . Stop overs in Dubai for $100 each.

I can not do this because of cruise not ending until May 2 and at least on-line can not book yet. Great price for flights for 2.

Will it be likely that this would be offered again (2 economy for $999 rt) or am I just dreaming? Please help with experience on Emirates flight pricing. Approximately April 7, 2017 to May 5, 2017 IAD -DBX -SIN return DBX-IAD.

Timing of buying the tickets for this flight? Suggestions? Qatar or Ethiopia Air OK too.

• 2 months later...

I am now able to book tickets. Any clue on getting a good economy price on flights from the east coast US to Singapore and back from Abu Dhabi/Dubai? I have seen prices on Emirates that will work well at about $1,100 for NYC or Washington DC to Dubai and on to Singapore after a stopover (3 days) in Dubai. I have seen lower fares but don't know if they are really true or come-ons. Anybody have stradegies for getting a good fare for this cruise? TIA

Just be sure that you know that EK really packs them in tight in coach on the 777. Seating is 3-4-3; by comparison, DL and some other carriers go 3-3-3.

It's tough to tell what you are talking about. At first, you talk prices for two tickets, then later I'm not sure. Also is your proposed routing NYC-DXB-SIN and DXB-NYC on the return? RSSC Voyager?

The "lower fares"....tough to know if they are "true" or not without details.

Even though you end your cruise in DXB, you should also consider Etihad (EY) who fly from Abu Dhabi (AUH). Easy to get between the two - both airlines have regular bus service between the two for coach passengers and car services for business and first.

Emirates Airline special of $999 for 2 (two) roundtrip tickets economy to many destinations in middle and far east . Stop overs in Dubai for $100 each.

Will it be likely that this would be offered again (2 economy for $999 rt) or am I just dreaming?

$999 for 2 tickets, RT to the other side of the world and back? That is ridiculously cheap, and I would not use it as an expectation of future prices. Maybe they'll offer it again on dates that suit you, but I WOULD NOT count on it. i.e. don't let that be the benchmark against which you weigh other prices options!!

Any clue on getting a good economy price on flights from the east coast US to Singapore and back from Abu Dhabi/Dubai? I have seen prices on Emirates that will work well at about $1,100

Frankly, to me that seems like a very good price to go to the other side of the globe and back. I'd book it and not look back.

On Expedia (Yes I generally don't do 3rd party BUT) I found for my preferred dates (Out around April 5 back around May 5 , 2017) that I can book a roundtrip IAD (Washington DC) to DXB (Dubai or AUH Abu Dhabi) for under $500. Take a 5 day break in Dubai for sightseeing etc. Then take a one way ticket on Singapore Air to SIN for under $300.

This air is for a cruise from Singapore to Abu Dhabi starting April 14. I live in Maryland so could be going out of Washington DC or NYC but slightly prefer DC because I can one way a car to the airport cheaper than flight/taxi/train or overnight stay in NYC. Economy on all legs. 2 bags included. Non-stop flights.

Anything I don't have factored in or that I need to think about? Comparing on the airlines own sites using a multi-city function I get between $1080 and

$1,200 -- same flights.

Thanks.

On Expedia (Yes I generally don't do 3rd party BUT) I found for my preferred dates (Out around April 5 back around May 5 , 2017) that I can book a roundtrip IAD (Washington DC) to DXB (Dubai or AUH Abu Dhabi) for under $500. Take a 5 day break in Dubai for sightseeing etc. Then take a one way ticket on Singapore Air to SIN for under $300.

This air is for a cruise from Singapore to Abu Dhabi starting April 14. I live in Maryland so could be going out of Washington DC or NYC but slightly prefer DC because I can one way a car to the airport cheaper than flight/taxi/train or overnight stay in NYC. Economy on all legs. 2 bags included. Non-stop flights.

Anything I don't have factored in or that I need to think about? Comparing on the airlines own sites using a multi-city function I get between $1080 and

$1,200 -- same flights.

Thanks.

5 days for sightseeing in Dubai! 2 days would be more than enough.

On Expedia (Yes I generally don't do 3rd party BUT)

Anything I don't have factored in or that I need to think about?

Assuming you understand the potential that these super cheap tickets may be consolidator tickets, and you understand the potential downsides of those, no.