Pros & Cons of Caribbean Princess

mellon1

We are non smokers. Does Carribbean Princess allow balcony smoking? Hope not! I read that smoking is allowed at an adult pool?! Terrace ! That would be disappointing.

No smoking on balconies. There is an area near the pool for smoking, but no smoking is allowed in the pool itself. There is a sticky thread on this forum that will tell you everything you want to know about smoking.

No smoking on balconies. There is an area near the pool for smoking, but no smoking is allowed in the pool itself. There is a sticky thread on this forum that will tell you everything you want to know about smoking.

Terrace pool smoking area no longer exists on CB. It was 'removed' after her TA at the beginning of May.

We have sailed on CB 7 times (30 Princess cruises). She is a fine ship. The crew made us feel welcome and happy. Ignore the negative posts! In all my Princess cruises, I can't name a ship we didn't like! That's why we stay loyal to Princess.

Favorite has to be the Regal. If it sails the itinerary you want, try it.

• 4 weeks later...

we will be on Carribbean Princess, first time on this ship. feb 2016. is the A/C good in the staterooms? mini-suite on dolphin.. balcony good size? we sailed Alaska on Island Princess. liked the ship, sailed on Royal to carribbean. balcony deluxe room, tiny balcony!

We have booked the CB for a British Isles cruise next May ---- I have been a little concerned on crowding since this is a ship built for warm water cruising. Does anyone who has done a cold weather cruise on her have any tips re: where to find a quiet spot? Did they do the pub lunch on sea days and was there any hope of finding a seat? I'm more worried about this than the fact that she is one of Princess' older ships, I just hope we're not continually frustrated and flustered trying to get a drink, a spot to eat, and so on.

DH and I will be sailing on the CB for this first time in December. I have read several threads about people say it is showing its age and to stay away while others are perfectly happy with their experience.

Frankly, the "age" of the ship doesn't really bother either one of us. But one thing that does keep coming up is the A/C performance issue. We will be in a Window Suite, so no access to an open balcony. The last time I attempted to bring a fan on the ship, it was confiscated at Security. And, maintenance did not have a fan they could bring to the room. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

DH and I will be sailing on the CB for this first time in December. I have read several threads about people say it is showing its age and to stay away while others are perfectly happy with their experience.

Frankly, the "age" of the ship doesn't really bother either one of us. But one thing that does keep coming up is the A/C performance issue. We will be in a Window Suite, so no access to an open balcony. The last time I attempted to bring a fan on the ship, it was confiscated at Security. And, maintenance did not have a fan they could bring to the room. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

I have brought a fan on every cruise!! Where did you sail out of? We're sailing out of Houston!

We have booked the CB for a British Isles cruise next May ---- I have been a little concerned on crowding since this is a ship built for warm water cruising. Does anyone who has done a cold weather cruise on her have any tips re: where to find a quiet spot? Did they do the pub lunch on sea days and was there any hope of finding a seat? I'm more worried about this than the fact that she is one of Princess' older ships, I just hope we're not continually frustrated and flustered trying to get a drink, a spot to eat, and so on.

The key to the Pub Lunch is let the first hour rush cool down then go.

I have brought a fan on every cruise!! Where did you sail out of? We're sailing out of Houston!

I believe it was long beach? We are going out of Houston too! I am definitely going to try again to bring a fan on board. As long as there is some type of air flow...we'll be good...

Yes the last trip on the CB we too found mold and mildew in our stateroom. Then in October 2014 was on the Island Princess B226 and that stateroom also had mold and mildew in the bathroom. It seems as though Princess is cutting back on maintaining overall conditions of some staerooms.

I just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Star and was planning on booking a NE/Canada cruise for next fall on the CB. I could not believe the number of bad reviews for that ship in terms of AC, plumbing, bad smells, and mold issues. Other ships have a mix of reviews and everyone has different views but the percentage of people with problems on the CB was overwhelming. We ended up booking on HAL. I can live with and ignore lots of issues but AC, plumbing, bad smells, and mold are all things that I felt would significantly impact my enjoyment of a cruise.

swm5495678, was the mold in bathroom on the CB? Did they take care of it while you were there?

Yes, it was behind the tile wall and around the tub.

No they did not address it while we were onboard.

The same place had mildew/mold on the Island Princess and then even after the hotel manager saw it still nothing was done.

swm5495678, was the mold in bathroom on the CB? Did they take care of it while you were there?

And I won't even begin to talk about the toenail fungus I got from the pedicure tub at the spa.

Mold/mildew and fungus appear to be fairly common on the ships.

I would like to thank the crew of the CB for 7 wonderful cruises. From our 1st cruise on the CB in 2008 to our last in Jan 2015 the crew has been the best. IMHO every ship can have issues. That's part of the adventure.

If you really have a fantasy that everything should be perfectly painted and new then maybe the Princess brand is not for you. Princess IMHO does great not perfect. Personally I love the product. I always come home feeling like I need to work a little harder and smarter after watching the crew work so hard to give us a great time.

In closing if you like the itinerary and you like Princess just book the cruise, don't worry about what might happen. I personally prefer the larger balconies of the grand class ship to the new ships. Carib Balconies rock.

framer